Discount new booking on ship?

Con5421

Does NCL give discounts when you book a new cruise on board?

Connie

You are not able to book a new cruise with a cruise consultant on any NCL's cruises as far as I know. However, what NCL does is when on board, you are able to buy a next cruise reward certificate, which you pay $250 for, and they give you $100 OBC which is applied to your account on the current cruise you're on, e.g. as a credit, and you can use that next cruise reward certificate, that you purchased on board, as a deposit on any cruise when you get back home. You have 4 years in which to do this, as the certificate expires if unused at that time.

So, you are effectively paying $150 for the certificate ($250 minus the $100 immediate OBC). However, it still has a value of $250 when you go to use it toward a future cruise. It will reduce your future cruise price by $250 AND will be the ONLY deposit you will need to put down for a regular cabin. However, If you want to apply it toward a suite, it does not count as the full deposit. So if you know you will cruise NCL again sometime in the next 4 years and can afford the $150 it will add to your current cruise, it definitely makes sense to buy it. Also, only one certificate can be applied to a single future cabin. However, you can buy up to 4 certificates and use them for up to 4 different cabins on future cruises. You can also give them as a gift or transfer them to someone else without penalty.

quick ?? - my family often books 2 staterooms - would I be allowed to use 2 certificates on the same sailing if I have 2 staterooms. I think the answer should be "yes", but sometimes the obvious to me doesn't actually play out the way I would think ... My guess is that if we have one adult booked in each of 2 connecting staterooms we'd be ok - but that they might not allow minors to use these certificates. (I know CCL on Princess and Carnival do not allow minors to purchase or use certs)

quick ?? - my family often books 2 staterooms - would I be allowed to use 2 certificates on the same sailing if I have 2 staterooms. I think the answer should be "yes", but sometimes the obvious to me doesn't actually play out the way I would think ... My guess is that if we have one adult booked in each of 2 connecting staterooms we'd be ok - but that they might not allow minors to use these certificates. (I know CCL on Princess and Carnival do not allow minors to purchase or use certs)

Yes, you could use them for two separate cabins.

Archived