Alcohol Drink Package on Freedom??

Unless you are a "heavy drinker" the alcohol package is a joke. No bottle water, can soda or specialty coffees but they want $885.50 for 7 days. That's $126.50 per day. My DW & I talked about it but with the ommission of the list above it's not worth it especially with the 3 port days on most 7 night cruises. Since we are Diamond, get to bring 2 bottles of wine on board, have the C&A drink coupons and have the DL on our upcoming Mariner cruise we will be passing on this deal.:rolleyes:

I believe having a diamond status has nothing to do with bringing on 2 bottles of wine on board. As 2 bottles of wine per stateroom is allowed by all passengers fleetwide.

I just pulled up my last bill from the Allure from March 2012. I added up all our bar spending and it was only $400.00. I felt like I drank a lot too. I can't imagine that unless this includes the soda package, bottled water etc it makes sense for almost anyone. That's a lot of alcohol. The port days don't bother me as we rarely go to port for much except the all inclusive beach day in Mexico.

Now if I could figure out where the rest of my $2400 bill was I'd be happy!

I believe having a diamond status has nothing to do with bringing on 2 bottles of wine on board. As 2 bottles of wine per stateroom is allowed by all passengers fleetwide.

I believe he meant that in addition to the wine they would get free drinks in the DL each evening so no way would the package be worthwhile. We would pass as well for that very reason.

JB IOS TA 13 NTS WE DID THE PREMIUM PACKAGE

probably wouldnt do it again

red wine dreadful

gin,vodka decent bombay sapphire,tanquerry,hendricks,grey goose tonic mixer awful not schweppes spoilt drink

cocktails a lot very sweet -margareta good

some premium drinks not included remy martin brandy among others not listed on bar menu

lots of confusion

husband was charged for a port & bloody mary which was included refused to sign & was checked with senior staff did cause embarrestment

when we checked final bill charged for 2 baileys which when we were told would be refunded

certainly not worth it if doing lots of shore days

Here is the latest on the package(s). Just talked to a passenger and was told that if you have more then one person in a cabin you do NOT both have to purchase the package. I have not confirmed this info with RccL. But passenger told me his dad has the package and mother does not. The plot thickens.

Yes, hence the $55pp per day. I am not a teatotaler by any means but, having eight drinks per day or even, God Forbid, 8 drinks by the pool during the day is a little much. However, the biggest thing for me is the 3 port days on my cruise that will knock down onboard libation quite a bit. I guess I just look at is as $885.50 is more than the cost per person for my aft balcony. Suppose I'd rather do other things at this stage in my life with my money.

And that puts the exclamation point on the topic right there! It helps when you put things into perspective.

I love, love, LOVE my mixed drinks but there's no way I'm downing 8 a day whether in port or not. On one day, I may approach that but I certainly won't be doing it for 7 consecutive days.

Just off Navigator today and DH and I purchased the premium drink package. It was 55.00 per per person per day and both passengers in cabin must purchase. We were misled by bartender and told if we purchased by end of day dat 2 they would reverse charges for drinks already purchased (this was incorrect, however after speaking to guest services the charges were reversed) so if you are wanting to purchsed you should do so on day 1. It includes most premium liquor, sodas(fountain only) and house wines. My DH also got a shot of kahula to go in his coffe after dinner every nite. I feel like we came our very close to getting our moneys worth. We did not pay any additional gratuities unkess we wanted to do so. a dollar here and there, just because. Nice not to have to sign and keep up with all the paper.

Archived