Nov 29, Dec 3 Liberty of the Seas B2B, very small review

alfaeric

There's quite a few accurate reviews on this ship, class of ships, and ports, and I'm not one to do a super detailed review of stuff (and don't take pictures much anymore...).

So here's some stuff that was individual to us that could be useful....

- Aft JS- we had a deck 7 aft JS on both cruises, which we liked a lot. The balcony had both regular chairs and deck chairs- plenty of space back there. I think I've seen some reviews that there's a lot of vibration back here- the vibration and noise part is true- it's there. But we must be some of the odd ones- that aspect of the cabin seemed to put us to sleep almost instantly. Only once was it an issue- in the middle of the night when we were just off the coast of Cuba, the ship seemed to do a docking manuver, which shakes the entire ship- and that woke up DW. I didn't notice a thing. We ate breakfast in there almost every morning- wanted to keep close tabs on what we were eating (didn't seem to help the belly all that much :D ) and various other reasons.

- Cozumel- we ran far past St Miguel and back- on the resort side of town, the path gets really wide, and nice to run on. It was a good day- we got back to town, and wandered around a lot before returning to the ship. BTW, one of the maps says 5 miles- 5k, maybe (to a far point)- not 5 miles.

- Turn around- that was cool- and DW's BD present. Got a nice lunch in Portifinos.

- Portifinos- great food. Just way too much. This ship had the wine we wanted- so that was really nice and special for our celebration.

- Haiti- yes, Labadee is similar in concept to Coco Cay- just much more spectacular, and bigger. Loved it a LOT. Can't wait to go back, and it would have been cool to go back on the extra day at sea. My suggestion to the "artists"- do your own real art. And charge for it. No need to sell the exact same things as all of the booths around you, and be forced to ask $30 only to accept $10 for it. Be different, and be artistic from your heart. Haitian art does well where we see it in galleries. Anyway, can't wait to get back.

- too bad we missed Jamacia, but am ok with putting life in that perspective.

- staff was AWESOME to us. We did this B2B celebrating my DW's birthday- and everyone was just so very nice to us. Really made the vacation super special.

- new food- we thought it was good- just like we liked the old menu. Only thing- the "theme" of the evening was not really featured- on saffron night- perhaps a nice saffron dish should be part of the chef suggestions? Same for all the rest of the nights- just seemed like the theme didn't match up with the menu what so ever. I still would like to see smaller portions as they push a stater, main, and desert. For those of you who want bigger- ask for 2. In the end, we gained weight- even running in Cozumel, running on our extra day at sea (I did 6, DW did 10 miles on deck 12), and doing a lot of fitness stuff on every day but the turn around day. With all that work, we should have been able to maintain. Alas we both gained weight.

- Shows- Saturday Night Fever was a highlight - very, very good. In the Air was totally unexpected- wow. And the ice show was fun. All we saw twice (two cruises and all....). Didn't like the comedian much- wasn't all that funny. Singer was fun- made me sing- :eek:.

Anyway, we had a great time, and would not hesitate to go on another trip on the Liberty of the Seas.

Hope that fills in some of the blanks.

A big accomplishment is the running for 10 miles on 12. I have only made it 4 and left aggravated as people were pushing chairs in my way or walking side by side completely oblivious to the fact it was also a running track.

We did a special picture to commemorate the event. It was pretty cool.

I had to stop at 6, as my HR just would not stay down- I get hot easily. She struggled for the last mile for the same reason- but was estatic when finished!

Funny to see the GPS on it- it has her doing 22.5 miles at a 5mn/mi pace! :D (I recorded it for fun)

Never tried my GPS on the ship. I'm sure it would be an interesting number. Love the jogging track on the Oasis/Allure since it is a dedicated space.

But I miss the open air and sunshine. you just get to see the sea at the back end of the ship for a few seconds.

Archived