Guests instead of models for the TV adverts.

Tizzy

We often sit down and enjoy a cup of tea while watching the Cruise programmes on TV on a Sunday afternoon. This Sunday my husband suddenly said ' I wish they would use real people on their adverts instead of the same models over and over again. It's enough to put you off booking a cruise. ' I have to admit I agree. It is a bit off putting to find the same bubbly blonde on nearly 'every' cruise ship. She always adopts the same pose and it all looks very false. In fact all the people look too perfect. I was chatting with a group of friends the other day and they said they liked the Downton Abbey adverts but it didn't make them want to book a cruise.

I personally wish they would change the adverts more regularly ! I know some of them off by heart. What do you think ?

They won't use real cruisers as us average people would put the viewers off cruising for life :eek:

they are creating a fantasy, not a reality. notice the fred olsen adverts?

the men are always handsome with full heads of white hair. this is advertising code for amazingly ancient and doddering.

We often sit down and enjoy a cup of tea while watching the Cruise programmes on TV on a Sunday afternoon. This Sunday my husband suddenly said ' I wish they would use real people on their adverts instead of the same models over and over again. It's enough to put you off booking a cruise. ' I have to admit I agree. It is a bit off putting to find the same bubbly blonde on nearly 'every' cruise ship. She always adopts the same pose and it all looks very false. In fact all the people look too perfect. I was chatting with a group of friends the other day and they said they liked the Downton Abbey adverts but it didn't make them want to book a cruise.

I personally wish they would change the adverts more regularly ! I know some of them off by heart. What do you think ?

If they did this .....they should also show cabins as they really are .....with unmade beds, stuff strewn around the room and towels on the floor...:D

Like with the "Downton" adverts, who has seen the aft swimming pool on Ventura like this. It is normally strewn with sunbeds, that is if you can get one.

Yes I agree they should at least try to make them as per, but then again someone has said that these adverts don't sell cruises.!!!!

Besbery you obviously didn't watch Downton Abbey. P&O got all the advertising space ! JLC I wish they would show more of the ordinary cabins. My friend who has yet to take her first cruise thinks all the suites they show are normal cabins ! Best part of the day for me is getting back to the cabin after breakfast and finding the cabin steward has been in and its all looking perfect again ! Yes Brayman I am that sad person who watches Cruise shows on a Sunday afternoon ! Good way to see what all the different companies have to offer. I have never been on Ventura so haven't seen the aft swimming pool. Doing our first cruise on Azura soon which I think is very similar to Ventura. Davecctr think I prefer to see it as it is, I find all the glamorous models a bit off putting.

The handsome chap in chino shorts being served by a waiter 'or butler' high tea with fancy cakes which looks like its on the deck, this doesn't happen, assume this is supposed to be a suite balcony, but it isn't made out to look like a suite... fantasy !

The handsome chap in chino shorts being served by a waiter 'or butler' high tea with fancy cakes which looks like its on the deck, this doesn't happen, assume this is supposed to be a suite balcony, but it isn't made out to look like a suite... fantasy !

I've been on Aurora and Oriana when tea has been served by waiters on the prom deck - :)

I've been on Aurora and Oriana when tea has been served by waiters on the prom deck - :)

.... what you said!!! :) But who would drink tea on the Oriana prom deck when there are tables right outside the door that leads into Lord's Tavern??? :confused::confused:

Barry

But isn't the whole cruising experience a fantasy?

I can't really afford a butler, I don't dress for dinner, I have to prepare and cook my own food etc etc.

...but for a little while I live in a fantasy world:):)

Nothing wrong with Living in a Fantasy World on Holiday Freecall !

Just hard going back to real life after a Cruise isn't it !

Lucky you smithy62 with your very own Model to take along. Have fun.

I gather there's a new set of adverts on Christmas day to accompany the Downton Abbey Christmas Special. I look forward to seeing them as it is not long until we cruise on Azura. Getting excited now !

Archived