question about outside bar on independence of the seas

redhydra

hi, i have a question

this winter i am goeing on independence of the seas me and my group

on past cruise, celebrity solstice and norwegian sky

me and my group, after a day of ashore, we come back from to the soltice and we like go take a beer at and sit the oceanview café outside bar on deck 12 wich is located on the aft section of the ship, the sky had a similar bar too

i noticed when i studied the deck plan as well as the picture of the independence of the seas that the windjammer café is entirely an inside place

is there an outside bar similar where we can sit down and relax, beside the pool bar section of course?? or if not, does the windjammer café sell beer? or maybe the viking crown lounge might be an alternative?

of course ill have the time to inspect the ship when il be there but it would be apreciated to get an idea

thanks in advance

As you mentioned, you can relax on the pool deck anywhere you want. Lots of places to sit, many under cover.

The Viking Crown Lounge is a lovely place to enjoy a drink and a good view. That's entirely inside.

The Freedom class ships, including Indy, do have a bar in the Windjammer.

The Pool Bar and the Sky Bar are both outside. If it is too cold and you want a nice place to sit and still watch everything, the Viking Crown lounge is great for that. There is seating that is not right at the bar at those outside places

I've been noticing lately the ships are using the Viking Crown for many private events so you can't normally plan an informal group meeting there without the chance of getting booted at a certain time.

Archived