Missed port?

CMAP

Just curious as to what happens if the ship can't dock for some reason? Do they cut the cruise short?
If the ship can't dock at the final port, they attach your luggage to you before they throw you overboard - a bigger splash, but much less thrashing around in the water to draw attention.:eek::rolleyes:

{Sorry} Over the years I have missed a number of ports, mostly due to weather, but in several cases due to security issues. Usually this has resulted in an extra day at sea, but less often a replacement port; highly unlikely the cruise would be shortened. The main cause of a shortened cruise is a major illness outbreak on-board. I have never missed my final final port on its scheduled day, but sometimes hurricanes result in a day or two extension at sea until weather improved at your termination. Cruise line contracts usually reserve the right to charge you for the additional days on board, but I have never heard of people actually being charged - unless you really, really have to be somewhere I'd consider this a free extension to my vacation.

Thom

Archived