Hanlf Moon Cay - Early Horse Bacl Ride?

lions1995

My son would like to do the Horse Back Riding at Half Moon Cay. I would prefer to do it early in the day (10 AM). Since this is a Tender that only starts at 9 AM, would we get some guarantee (early tender) from Carnival to get them in time, or would we have to make sure we were up and in the front of the line for tender tickets?

You will get your tickets for any excursions you book (through Carnival)either on the evening of embarkation day or the next day if it is an "at-sea" day. An announcement will be made in the morning, prior to the ship's dropping anchor, as to where those that have excursions booked are to meet (usually the theater or one of the lounges), and they will be among the first group to board the tenders. So, if your ship drops anchor at 9:00, you'll probably need to be at the designated meeting area by about 8:30-8:45 to get your tender tickets. It can be a bit like being in a cattle drive, but the ship's staff does a pretty good job of keeping things organized. Just make sure you pay close attention to the announcements about when and where to go to get your tender tickets.

I did that excursion at HMC and I would recommend the last time slot they have. After the excursion I was so tired and dirty I just wanted to get back on the ship and take a shower. (I had never ridden a horse before and it was more difficult than I expected. plus when we were in the water, the horse in front of me pooped and I had to ride through it. the water was up to my waist and splashing even higher so I felt like I got covered in it.)

just something to consider.

Last year on the Destiny we were told because we had an excursion first thing that we did not have to wait in the lounge and could go directly down to deck zero. We took the first tender over with all the bar waiters and everything. We had enough time to get over and get settled a little and look around before going on our excursion. We will do this again first thing in the morning. Also later in the day it can be really hot. By the time we got back we ate an early lunch before the buffet got too crowded.

I did that excursion at HMC and I would recommend the last time slot they have. After the excursion I was so tired and dirty I just wanted to get back on the ship and take a shower. (I had never ridden a horse before and it was more difficult than I expected. plus when we were in the water, the horse in front of me pooped and I had to ride through it. the water was up to my waist and splashing even higher so I felt like I got covered in it.)

just something to consider.

Yeah, my DH and Mom did this last fall and my DH was the lead horse. He highly recommended being the lead horse! No floating land mines to go through! :)

Archived