Carnival Breeze 8-Day Eastern Caribbean Review (Dec. 8th, 2012)

Ron_L

Great Review. Enjoyed all your experiences and picked up some helpful tips. Thanks for the Fun Times.

Thanks!

Thank you for your detailed review. I can't wait until next week. Do you happen to have any more pictures of your cabin? Your pictures are awesome, and it would make my day to see more cabin shots. :)

Unfortunately, I didn't take many cabin pictures. There are some good videos on You Tube of the Cove balcony cabins on the Breeze that may help you.

Thanks for your great review!!! We are going in just over two weeks, this really helps with the excitement. We were really looking forward to Guys Burgers....so it's disappointing to hear about the cheese burgers. But, at the same time we had a good laugh about it. Sorry about your experience.

Thanks for the fun times too.....can't wait to go over them! :)

Thanks for your great review!!! We are going in just over two weeks, this really helps with the excitement. We were really looking forward to Guys Burgers....so it's disappointing to hear about the cheese burgers. But, at the same time we had a good laugh about it. Sorry about your experience.

Thanks for the fun times too.....can't wait to go over them! :)

Thanks!

Others have had a different experience with Guys. As I think about it each time I went it was between 2-3pm so maybe I hit the same crew member serving each time.

Great review and photos. Thanks for posting.

Thanks!

After reading this I am so excited for our February cruise. Thank you for the great review... I love the Tervis Tumblers, gots to get me one of those... :)

Thanks!

We're Tervis-aholics :D. We have too many but we couldn't pass this up.

We also bought Tervis water bottles on St. John that we really like. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357146254.313165.jpg.0405ab173c22c10daf343da5250e1327.jpg

Every time there was a tray of pre-made cheeseburgers and no matter what I ordered I was given a cheeseburger. One time the lady in front of me ordered a plain burger (no cheese) and the guy handed her a cheeseburger and said “cheeseburger” and went on to the next person.

Odd - I was on the same cruise and had exactly the opposite experience. The burgers were always freshly prepared and awesome. I always got The Ringer and the guy working always put the onion ring on. I have to agree though, the toppings bar can be a bottleneck at peak times, but worth it! :)

Odd - I was on the same cruise and had exactly the opposite experience. The burgers were always freshly prepared and awesome. I always got The Ringer and the guy working always put the onion ring on. I have to agree though, the toppings bar can be a bottleneck at peak times, but worth it! :)

Others in our roll call said the same thing. I'm beginning to think that it was time-of-day dependent.

Are the cove balconies aft or on the side? I forget. We will be on the Breeze in November and have aft balconies. We just cruised on RCI's Adventure of the Seas, and DS had a little bit of trouble at night when we were in the back of the ship. He has cruised 10 times, and this was the first time he has had problems. We've had rougher seas than this past cruise. After reading about the movement, I am a little worried about our cabin selection. Did you hear or has anyone heard how the movement is in the aft balconies on the Breeze? Thanks!

Are the cove balconies aft or on the side? I forget. We will be on the Breeze in November and have aft balconies. We just cruised on RCI's Adventure of the Seas, and DS had a little bit of trouble at night when we were in the back of the ship. He has cruised 10 times, and this was the first time he has had problems. We've had rougher seas than this past cruise. After reading about the movement, I am a little worried about our cabin selection. Did you hear or has anyone heard how the movement is in the aft balconies on the Breeze? Thanks!

On the sides. The run from the forward elevators to the aft elevators along both sides of the ship.

Hopefully someone who has been in one of the aft balconies can help with info about the motion there. The couple of folks in our roll call who had aft balconies didn't mention anything to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Ron. Appreciate the hardwork!! Headed to the Breeze in 45 days!! yipee!!

Really enjoyed reading your review and seeing all the great pictures - Thanks so much for posting! We're on the Breeze May 25 and are really looking forward to it!

Thanks!

I hope you both enjoy your cruises!

Enjoying your review Ron. Looking forward to your time in Antigua.

Aren't active RollCalls fun? :D I know our multiple-yet-interwined roll calls for the 11-24 Southern brought a lot of good times to that cruise (as evident in the 3-4 reviews now going on).

At the risk of sounding very uninformed, what are Roll Calls? They sound like fun, but I am not sure what they are......:(

At the risk of sounding very uninformed, what are Roll Calls? They sound like fun, but I am not sure what they are......:(

It is a special section of the forum where folks on the same cruise can meet and make plans, share excursions, etc. There is a section for each cruise line and then sub-sections for each ship. Here is the Carnival section...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

and here is the roll call thread for your cruise...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1409263

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!! Thank u so much for this review on ur aMaZiN vacation, u gave us so much info & help on our trip in Mar. to the same ports!!! I am still in awwwww of the JVD trip u had in Antigua! Ahhh

i eNjOyEd this so much!! Thank You!! :)

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!! Thank u so much for this review on ur aMaZiN vacation, u gave us so much info & help on our trip in Mar. to the same ports!!! I am still in awwwww of the JVD trip u had in Antigua! Ahhh

i eNjOyEd this so much!! Thank You!! :)

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise!

BTW, the excursion to JVD was from Tortola (not to be too picky :D)

I am a little under the weather and can't get any sleep, so what better thing to do than spend the night reading review on CC :D. It certainly looks like you had a great time. One thing of your review did indeed shocked me :eek:. You booked another cruise because of the amount of activity on your roll-call, that is great. I have yet to experience an active roll-call, usually I am one of the top posters on ours. I am hoping that our current breakaway roll-call gets a little more active the closer that the day gets here.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I enjoyed reading it.

I am a little under the weather and can't get any sleep, so what better thing to do than spend the night reading review on CC :D. It certainly looks like you had a great time. One thing of your review did indeed shocked me :eek:. You booked another cruise because of the amount of activity on your roll-call, that is great. I have yet to experience an active roll-call, usually I am one of the top posters on ours. I am hoping that our current breakaway roll-call gets a little more active the closer that the day gets here.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks!

The roll call was just one of the things that went into our decision. Once I had narrowed it down to three ships/itineraries then I started looking at other factors and the roll call was one of those.

Thanks!

The roll call was just one of the things that went into our decision. Once I had narrowed it down to three ships/itineraries then I started looking at other factors and the roll call was one of those.

Interesting, I would never thought on factoring in a roll call as part of the decision process. But I can see where it would make sense, I will definitely keep that in mind for my next cruise.

Thanks for the reply.

but he also told us that one of our friends had an accident when they returned to the pier and had slipped getting off of the boat and fell hard between the boat and the pier. We gave her some time to rest but finally called her and she was sore, but fine. That was a relief.

We saw them pull a lady out of the water that had walked off the end of the pier and fell between the Breeze and the pier in St. Thomas during a driving rain storm. Was that the same woman? We heard she had broken her arm.

We were on that cruise too, and heard the same thing, from several people. We also heard it was her first ever cruise! :(

On another note, we had early seating for dinner, and I thought the prime rib and Chateaubriand were excellent!! And Red Frog Pub, the coconut shrimp were to die for!

Archived