Carnival Breeze 8-Day Eastern Caribbean Review (Dec. 8th, 2012)

Ron_L

great review!!:) loved the photos!

how much were the thumblers at the red frog and the rum bar?

thanks again for the review.:)

Thanks!

Thristy Frog is $5.50 for a pint, $15.75 for a pitcher (60 oz) and $25.75 for the big tube (101 oz)

I just thought of one other thing that was different on the Breeze: the motion of the ship. We had mildly rough seas almost every day and on one day it was quite rough. We felt a constant side-to-side sway and some front-to-back rocking that was the same as I experienced on the Imagination, but in addition to that the Breeze had a higher frequency wobble that was more prevalent at the back to the ship. It didn't seem to change as the seas changed, so maybe it is related to the engines or the stabilizers, but many folks commented on it. It wasn't a bad thing, just different than what I remember from the Valor or the Imagination.

Did anyone else who has been on the Breeze notice this?

Hey Ron!

Sad I didn't get to meet you.

It was VERY rocky the entire time.

The night before Nassau was the worst in my opinion.

I never get motion sick but I woke up in the middle of the night, very sick.

Hey Ron!

Sad I didn't get to meet you.

It was VERY rocky the entire time.

The night before Nassau was the worst in my opinion.

I never get motion sick but I woke up in the middle of the night, very sick.

I'm sorry that we didn't meet, too.

There was one night, maybe the night before Nassau, where the ship really rolled and I almost rolled out of bed and my wife said "That was a big one" and went back to sleep :)

great review!!:) loved the photos!

how much were the thumblers at the red frog and the rum bar?

thanks again for the review.:)

Oops... My wife just pointed out that I answered the wrong question :)

There were around $13 each. I can look at our statement to get the exact price if you want.

Sorry!

Oops... My wife just pointed out that I answered the wrong question :)

There were around $13 each. I can look at our statement to get the exact price if you want.

Sorry!

i wasn't going to say anything.:) but, thanks for your reply and we will be on the conquest in 4 weeks. might have to buy a couple of them.:)

This was my first cruise, so I wasn't sure what to expect with the motion of the ship. But it did feel as though the rock was more prevalent in the stern. while having dinner at Blush, or watching a show at Punchliners, we could really feel the movement.

i wasn't going to say anything.:) but, thanks for your reply and we will be on the conquest in 4 weeks. might have to buy a couple of them.:)

I'm still recovering from two weeks away :)

That's my excuse, anyway :D

Great review, how much was the resort day pass in Antigua?

Thanks!

They have two programs that would be of interest to most cruisers (info below). One is from 9-5 and is $75/person and the other is 10:15-5 and is $60 per person. They offer a 10% discount for groups of 10 or more.

http://www.jollybeachresort.com/pres...Day%20Pass.pdf

What a great review, really makes me want to book the Breeze. I love your pictures of JVD, we did a private excursion there and loved it, we also had Mic as our bartender. It was by far our favorite stop to date :)

Thank you!

JVD is a beautiful island. Besides White Bay, Great Harbor has some cool places like Foxy's and the Diamond Cay area has Foxy's Taboo (run by Foxy's daughter) and the Bubbly Pool. We really want to go back and spend some time on JVD, Tortola and go back to St. John again.

Great review Ron.

It was nice meeting you and Amy at the cocktail party, unfortunately we didn't cross paths again during the cruise. We too noticed the movement of the ship. My girlfriend didn't get sick during the cruise but has been feeling the motion ever since we got off. The one night I checked the wind velocity on the tv and it said 95 km...that's 69 mph. It definitely seemed like rough seas for most of the trip. I'm already looking to book the southern itinerary on the Breeze for our next trip. This was our first cruise and we loved it.

Allyson loved the painkillers at Cane garden bay on Tortola so she ordered one at the Red Frog. You're right, no comparison. Any chance you could forward your recipe? ;)

Brethren KP :D

Great review Ron.

It was nice meeting you and Amy at the cocktail party, unfortunately we didn't cross paths again during the cruise. We too noticed the movement of the ship. My girlfriend didn't get sick during the cruise but has been feeling the motion ever since we got off. The one night I checked the wind velocity on the tv and it said 95 km...that's 69 mph. It definitely seemed like rough seas for most of the trip. I'm already looking to book the southern itinerary on the Breeze for our next trip. This was our first cruise and we loved it.

Allyson loved the painkillers at Cane garden bay on Tortola so she ordered one at the Red Frog. You're right, no comparison. Any chance you could forward your recipe? ;)

Brethren KP :D

It was nice meeting you, too! One of the "problems" of any of the bigger ships is that there is so much to do and so many places to be that it's harder to find folks, either on purpose or accidentally.

Here's the Painkiller recipe that I use. It's very close to the original at the Soggy Dollar Bar, but they don't disclose theirs.

2 oz of Pusser’s Rum (any Caribbean rum will do)

4 oz pineapple juice

1 oz cream of coconut

1 oz orange juice

Grated fresh nutmeg

The least time I made these I found cream of coconut in a plastic squeeze bottle. It's easier to use then the stuff in the can and is reusable.

Another nice review..thanks

I did this same itinerary on Freedom last Sept...pretty nice, I was not too impressed with the vibe in Antiqua tho

I see you are also a Ron Pass fan?? I would love to hear him...everyone raves

I was interested in your St John pictures but for some reason I could not see those?? I can see the other pics

any way to see the St John pictures?? Thanks

Another nice review..thanks

I did this same itinerary on Freedom last Sept...pretty nice, I was not too impressed with the vibe in Antiqua tho

I see you are also a Ron Pass fan?? I would love to hear him...everyone raves

I was interested in your St John pictures but for some reason I could not see those?? I can see the other pics

any way to see the St John pictures?? Thanks

Hmmm... Those were all taken from my iPhone and posted to the same Facebook album as the others. I'm not sure why you can't see them.

The pictures from my phone are also on Shutterfly. Here is a link to the album. The St. John pics start at picture 20.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZNm7Ry2bs2zmo

hey Ron....could you give me a crash course on how to put your links at the bottom of the page in your signature spelling out your reviews? I used to know how to do it but forgot. You can e-mail me if you want at sonicbuffalo@yahoodotcom. Thanks again Ron.

It was nice meeting you, too! One of the "problems" of any of the bigger ships is that there is so much to do and so many places to be that it's harder to find folks, either on purpose or accidentally.

Here's the Painkiller recipe that I use. It's very close to the original at the Soggy Dollar Bar, but they don't disclose theirs.

2 oz of Pusser’s Rum (any Caribbean rum will do)

4 oz pineapple juice

1 oz cream of coconut

1 oz orange juice

Grated fresh nutmeg

The least time I made these I found cream of coconut in a plastic squeeze bottle. It's easier to use then the stuff in the can and is reusable.

Thanks Ron.

Yes we were quite busy trying to check the entire ship out so we didn't see many of the same people.

hey Ron....could you give me a crash course on how to put your links at the bottom of the page in your signature spelling out your reviews? I used to know how to do it but forgot. You can e-mail me if you want at sonicbuffalo@yahoodotcom. Thanks again Ron.

You have mail :D

Thanks Ron.

Yes we were quite busy trying to check the entire ship out so we didn't see many of the same people.

It was funny. We would run into certain people all of the time. There was one gentleman from our roll call who we seemed to see several times a day. At other times we would be looking for some of our group and couldn't find them. When we were on the Imagination the week before there were fewer places for people to be, so it was easier to find them.

Archived