Need transportation recommendation

cbabe

• One way car rental is likely the cheapest way to get there - and would let you do some last minute shopping
  • Taxi is about $85, depending upon where your hotel is located :eek:
  • QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), SAS (www.ridesas.com) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with reasonable prices - about $15 per person
  • Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for Miami service - probably just under the taxi fares, but hopefully a much nicer ride; Go Airport was offering similar Town Car Service to Miami for about $75+tip

If your hotel is in either downtown Miami or Miami Beach the $25-30+ parking fees :eek: likely make a rental car not worth it. You may get a group discount from the shuttle companies that will save you a few $$. Good luck! :)

I'm flying into FLL next month and staying one night in South Beach before boarding a cruise. I contacted SAS, and they said they would ONLY pick me up from FLL on the day of the cruise. They would not pick me up and take me to South Beach the day before my cruise since it was a weekend. On weekends your trip must originate or end at the Port of Miami if you use SAS. SAS is a good deal at $15 pp each way.

I then looked into the Go Airport Shuttle which quoted an online rate of $24 per person one way. I didn't like that both SAS and the Go Shuttle said it would take 2.5 hours to get to our hotel. It's because they pile you in a van with others, and you might be the last one dropped off.

I ended up booking a car on Hotwire. One day car rental = $33.37 TOTAL. I'm picking it up at FLL and dropping off at MIA the next day. It's prepaid and you don't find out the rental company until you pay, but there are only 6 companies it could be, and all of them will drop you at the port.

So, we're going to pick up the rental car from FLL, drive to South Beach, run some errands, check into our condo, and then park in the public parking garage at 7th and Collins which is only a couple blocks from the condo we are renting. The maximum you'll pay for 24 hours is $20. So that plus the rental car is cheaper than the shuttle for two people. (And since you have 4 people, you'll save even more.) I'll have to purchase a couple gallons of gas too, but that will be negligible. The next day we'll drop the rental car off at MIA and be shuttled to the Port of Miami.

Make sure to check with JRShuttle. We just used them a few weeks ago. We cruise often and have high expectations. The driver was prompt each time. The vehicles were new. They are less expensive than the other shuttle services we've used. I recommend them and will use them in the future!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived