HAL promotion - free room with suite

DaveOKC

I see that HAL is running this promo again this year. I tried to check it out, but could not find the answer to this.

To get the free room, what type of suite woud qualify? Of course Deluxe Suite would, but how about the Superior Suites or the Mini-suites on the smaller ships?

DaveOKC

I looked at HAL's site and could not find anything like you are talking about.

I finally got the link to work, so to answer my own question:

FREE Seattle/Vancouver/Fairbanks/Anchorage hotel offer for Alaska cruises and CruiseTours (Y1-Y6, D1-D5, D8-D9) is based on Promo HT, double occupancy and is applicable only to verandah suites: PS-BB on ms Amsterdam, ms Statendam, ms Zaandam and ms Volendam; PS-SY on ms Oosterdam and ms Zuiderdam. Taxes & government fees are included in all hotel offers

Its an email promo from HAL I just got.

DaveOKC

FREE Seattle/Vancouver/Fairbanks/Anchorage hotel offer for Alaska cruises and CruiseTours (Y1-Y6, D1-D5, D8-D9) is based on Promo HT, double occupancy and is applicable only to verandah suites: PS-BB on ms Amsterdam, ms Statendam, ms Zaandam and ms Volendam; PS-SY on ms Oosterdam and ms Zuiderdam. Taxes & government fees are included in all hotel offers

DaveOKC

Dave:

Something about that e-mail makes me think it didn't go to everyone.

DaveOKC

Dave:

Something about that e-mail makes me think it didn't go to everyone.

Thanks Dave -- now I understand. There was a time when HAL used to offer a one night stay at the Fairmont in Seattle as wll for the PS and Deluxe Suites for some ships. Even though we stayed in either a PS or an SA -- we were never offered a one night stay.

mollyanne - many of us never get any e-mails from HAL.

Thanks Dave -- now I understand. There was a time when HAL used to offer a one night stay at the Fairmont in Seattle as wll for the PS and Deluxe Suites for some ships. Even though we stayed in either a PS or an SA -- we were never offered a one night stay.

mollyanne - many of us never get any e-mails from HAL.

KK - Maybe you need to sign up again? I just did it last weekend and have already had the offer that DaveOKC mentioned. I also received today a Christmas card from my new "personal cruise consultant" - that I didn't know I had! :D

Dave, was there a promo code please? If there was would you mind sharing? Friends doing this could take advantage of it (I didn't get the email). Thanks so much.;)

Jacqui, I think we have the same friend ;) Unfortunately this friend does not qualify, his tour and the hotel his cruise tour has set up is not part of the program, this promo has actually been out for a while and that was already checked into. Also the reason that not everyone gets these emails is when you sign up to get information from HAL you must mark the box that you want Alaska or Alaska cruise tours, if that was never marked they will not flag you to receive this email.

You can find this promotion on HALs main webpage under Special Offers. I phoned my travel agent who rebooked our Alaska cruise (at the same price) and we received a free night at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver. We are in a SY on the Zuiderdam. On top of that our Sunfarer portion of our cruise went down $200 so all in all it was a very good morning.

Sue and Penni

Jacqui, I think we have the same friend ;) Unfortunately this friend does not qualify, his tour and the hotel his cruise tour has set up is not part of the program, this promo has actually been out for a while and that was already checked into. Also the reason that not everyone gets these emails is when you sign up to get information from HAL you must mark the box that you want Alaska or Alaska cruise tours, if that was never marked they will not flag you to receive this email.

Thanks Lisa - yes I believe it it is the same friend. Totally get the reason that many of us don't get these emails and i doubt we will get an Alaska one for some time to come. I'll either incorporate this into a longer cruise or wait until we are older:rolleyes: and just want to admire the view:p

Archived