Carnival Breeze.....thumbs down

Koiman1

So many cruises depends on the people on board on that particular sailing. That can change things. I went on Ecstasy 3 times, all 3 had their own flavor, so to speak. The last one had the most boring group on board, the first was full of party goers. So, one cannot compare their experience on their cruise to one someone else took.

How in the world would this affect the dining room service?

On our last disembarkation my wife and I couldn't wait to get off the Dream so we could get some decent food. It turned-out to be a Denny's in Cocoa Beach.

Honestly, my grilled mac n cheese sandwich outshone anything the Dream had to offer with the possible exception of the Mongolian Grill.

We could have saved $4000 and just enjoyed Cocoa Beach and driven the Keys for a week...

I understand the OPs point completely and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone has their own priorities.

We got off the Miracle last week. I enjoyed the cruise...but decided "no more cruising" (at least on Carnival) because of a few things which might be minor to others, but major to me.

For example, just about all the fruit at the buffet was hard as a rock. Only the watermelon and pineapple were good. My husband is a big fruit eater, and I eat a lot of it too. We took a pear back into the cabin the first day, and on the last day you could still use it as a baseball.

Now I know most people care about the beers, DODs and drink packages...we don't. But we care about the fruit. It the drinks were "undrinkable" for any reason, imagine how most people would feel. Well, that's how we felt about the fruit.

This didn't ruin our cruise...and we found other things to eat....but it was very disappointing since fruit had never been an issue at any other time.

Well said! It feels almost like a "wasted" vacation, right?

I'm sure fresh fruit doesn't add to CCLs bottom line. Kinda makes you wonder where they're getting the rest of their staples doesn't it?

We are on the Carnival Breeze waiting to get off. First the first time in my 12 cruises I am ready to get off of the ship. I really hate to say this but we have really been disappointed with Carnival this trip. I will do a full review when I can, to sum it up the MDR has real problems and the entertainment is really lacking on his ship. The waiters at our table put the blame on the kitchen.

As for the entertainment, for the first time I can say that the cutbacks Carnival has been doing are way obvious. I am a person who goes on a cruise to just relax and not look for the faults of the ship. I find myself in disbelief that I have been so disappointed in a ship. There are good items on the ship but not enough to over come what is lacking.

I will show pictures to help explain what I am saying. Before coming to this cruise I read reviews about the crowds on this ship, they are all true. Carnival does not know what to do with all of the people on this ship. For example, until I do my full review. Why would you schedule towel folding during lunch in a eating area. They did this in ocean plaza on a sea day, when people who are eating at the BBQ are looking for a place to sit and eat. The big joke for the trip became the saying " what were they thinking ". I do have a picture of this I will post during the review.

Time to get off our zone has now been called and my IPad is running out of juice. My review will most like be done after Christmas. When I get home I am going to cancel my next cruise which was also going to be on the Breeze.

Good luck to all who are getting on this ship I hope your cruise may be better than ours.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO Koiman1: Am looking forward to reading your full review and pictures. Being that the Carnival Breeze is a new ship they probably haven't ironed out many things yet. I remember taking cruises on ships during it's inaugural season. On almost every one there were some problems. It isn't only with Carnival. We, my wife and I, were on NCL's Dawn during it's first season of service, and on Celebrity Cruise Line for the first season of the Silhouette. And of course with Carnival have been on the Triumph, Victory, and Dream during their inaugural seasons. Most of the ships seemed to have problems. However, have been on the Triumph three times so they did get things straightened out and did have very pleasurable experiences on that ship.

A single picture taken of an event could be very misleading. The problems will get ironed out in time. Carnival is a very good cruise line.

I was on the Dec 8th cruise, here is my opinion.

We were on the cruise that was wwending one show group and starting a new one. I thought the Divas show by far was the best, The Latin show wasn't as great, new group havent performed together as long. Personally I think it is cheaper on carnivals part by having the 7 people sing and dance but it can work.

I have never put much into the MtRD I also thought it took longer between each portion of the meal to reach us, we asked for bar service one night and they never came. Staff in the MDR was attentive and nice.

We Loved the Hasbro games, Loved Butch and the entertainment team.

Loved Jimmys BBQ, only lines we noticed were the Mongolian wok and the omlette station in the am. We had anytime dining and never waited more than 5 min to be seated. I found the staff at the Red frog and Blue iguanna somewhat put off at times but that wont ruin my cruise.

We had a few announcements from the Captain, couldnt hear a word he said. The watch sale was a complete crazy chaos. Liked Cherry on Top.

Found the stores to not have alot of tshirts for souviners.

We loved the ship, I am one to be on the lido on sea days and never had a hard time finding a seat. Lots of other places to sit.

Your cruise is what you make it. We had a blast and would go on this ship again, its a beautiful ship.

april

Your cruise is what you make it.

april

Honestly this is so much BS. If this were the case why not buy a $10 raft and float your favorite river?

Cruielines purport to supply you with "the experience of a lifetime" or advertise they are the "funship".

I've yet to see a commercial saying, "Give us your money and we'll let you amuse yourself onboard with no input from us whatsoever!"

Not exactly a catchphrase...

Well said! It feels almost like a "wasted" vacation, right?

I'm sure fresh fruit doesn't add to CCLs bottom line. Kinda makes you wonder where they're getting the rest of their staples doesn't it?

I always felt that Carnival gives you the best value, and I still feel that way. (Yes, I priced other lines today out of NYC and also land vacations. There's no way I'll be going anywhere unless I spend a lot more.)

But, for the first time I felt like I was on "a budget line" and that this was "a poor person's" vacation.

To really enjoy myself, I think it's time for me to spend a lot more. :mad:

I think I deserve edible fruit and real singers.

I always felt that Carnival gives you the best value, and I still feel that way. (Yes, I priced other lines today out of NYC and also land vacations. There's no way I'll be going anywhere unless I spend a lot more.)

But, for the first time I felt like I was on "a budget line" and that this was "a poor person's" vacation.

To really enjoy myself, I think it's time for me to spend a lot more. :mad:

I think I deserve edible fruit and real singers.

Ever heard of the adage that you get what you get what you pay for?

Im sure most people dont expect a luxury cruise from Carnival, and many Carnival cruisers who post here have had a few, or several or many previous trips on Carnival in recent years, and no one is expecting 5 star dining room service, or a ship without some lines or crowding at peak times at certain places on the ship.

That being said, a lot of people who post here with comments or reviews, are just saying that there has been a deterioration in expected service, ie; timely service in the dining room, be it set time or anytime dining, or a problem with food being delivered at appropriate temps, or a lack of entertainment, such as they have been accustomed to. At any price we should have a right to expect reasonably hot food, delivered in a timely manner, as well as consistent stateroom service etc.

Even at Carnival prices, one should expect what one is used to or close to it,even with some changes, not a degraded or diluted product. I dont personally find that Carnival's prices have gotten any lower than they have been in the last 4 or 5 years. But the product is watered down. So people have the right to voice their opinion that they are not happy with said product, and also have the option to move along to another cruiseline.

And yes, there are other lines out there who offer comparable prices to Carnival. So time will tell. JMHO, of course. Nothing against anyone else's opinion.

We were scheduled to be on the Breeze this week, but had to cancel because my wife has pnuemonia. After reading all of the reviews, we are glad we cancelled. My opinion is that if you are spending $5000 for a family of four to travel on a ship, you have the right to expect a certain level of service. It seems that Carnival keeps cutting back and cutting back and it is to the point, that it has become the cheapest line - not only in price, but in service. But $5000 is not cheap and you are entitled to expectations.

Welcome home, sorry your cruise did not live up to your expectations.

Waiting for the OP to come back, its been 2 1/2 days since he started this thread..I booked on the Bloggers Cruise in Jan. and would like to see why he did not enjoy his cruise...Only one I didn't enjoy was my cruise on the NCL Pearl and there were only parts I didn't enjoy..Dennis

We were scheduled to be on the Breeze this week, but had to cancel because my wife has pnuemonia. After reading all of the reviews, we are glad we cancelled. My opinion is that if you are spending $5000 for a family of four to travel on a ship, you have the right to expect a certain level of service. It seems that Carnival keeps cutting back and cutting back and it is to the point, that it has become the cheapest line - not only in price, but in service. But $5000 is not cheap and you are entitled to expectations.

There are approx. 4000 people of the Breeze for each sailing and there have been a handful of bad reviews. And, most of them have focused on one or two things that they felt ruined the whole cruise. We had one service issue and a couple of food-related issues, but they didn't ruin our cruise! We had a great time and would go again without hesitation.

I'm sorry that you had to cancel and I hope that your wife is getting better, but don't let some negative reviews ruin your next vacation. 95% of the people on any ship don't post about it, and in everything, whether it is cars, hotels, or cruises it is the folks who had a problem who are most vocal. I'm not saying that they don't have a right to their opinion, but it is just that, and for every negative opinion that you see posted there are many more who had a great time but aren't on this or other forums to talk about it.

Ron, I hear what you are saying. All I am saying is that the level of service on Carnival has been decreasing while the prices have been going up. Whether you are paying $500 for a weeklong cruise or $5000 for a weeklong cruise, you are allowed to have certain expectations of service and quality. We have sailed on Carnival many times, but each time, it seems that the experience gets a little worse. Just my two cents.

Waiting for the OP to come back, its been 2 1/2 days since he started this thread..I booked on the Bloggers Cruise in Jan. and would like to see why he did not enjoy his cruise...Only one I didn't enjoy was my cruise on the NCL Pearl and there were only parts I didn't enjoy..Dennis

Well if your bored , you could read my review ,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1747749

He did say that it might be a while before he gets back to do a review, given the busy time of year. I too am looking forward to a more in depth review, but we may have to wait a few more days or so.:)

Honestly this is so much BS. If this were the case why not buy a $10 raft and float your favorite river?

Cruielines purport to supply you with "the experience of a lifetime" or advertise they are the "funship".

I've yet to see a commercial saying, "Give us your money and we'll let you amuse yourself onboard with no input from us whatsoever!"

Not exactly a catchphrase...

Thank you!!! "Your cruise is what you make it" is right up there with "A bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work!" So sick of seeing those phrases repeated at every turn on CC. Ugh.

Ron, I hear what you are saying. All I am saying is that the level of service on Carnival has been decreasing while the prices have been going up. Whether you are paying $500 for a weeklong cruise or $5000 for a weeklong cruise, you are allowed to have certain expectations of service and quality. We have sailed on Carnival many times, but each time, it seems that the experience gets a little worse. Just my two cents.

I agree with you. The Carnival product is being diluted more and more, and the cost cutting savings are not being passed on in cruise prices. Still the same prices, or even more expensive than before. And you know you can buy a used car for 5000.00! One week cruise for a family or a used car? What is worth more? I know we dont all need a used car, but just saying that 7 days or so on cruise ship for 5000.00, and you cant get your dinner served within 2hrs in the dining room, or you get some of it cold or barely warm, and they get your orders mixed up. Stateroom service, good somedays, other days lacking or just not done. Entertainment that does not appeal, and lesser live music venues, on an on. I have better expectations, and I dont think it is too much to ask for timely dining room service and warm/hot food, and some live music.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it. I was on the 12/8 cruise (Got back 12/16) and thought it was great. I didn't find any problem at all with crowding. We never had to search for more than a minute or so to find a place to sit no matter where we ate. We never had to wait in line.

We did your time dining and never had long waits for our food or anything when we were actually in the main dining room. I'm not sure about regular dining - maybe it's because the waiters are busier?

Again - sorry for your luck!

Thank you!!! "Your cruise is what you make it" is right up there with "A bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work!" So sick of seeing those phrases repeated at every turn on CC. Ugh.

LOL exactly, I had the same reaction :rolleyes:

People are perfectly entitled to carry reasonable expectations onto the ship with them. We're all paying quite a bit of money for these vacations. I don't go on Carnival expecting white glove service, but if Carnival doesn't deliver the product I expect (especially after sailing with them a bunch of times and really knowing what to expect, I would certainly be disappointed).

That said, cruising doesn't often let me down... which is why I've done so many :)

Absolutely correct.

Our first three outings on the Triumph, Pride and Elation were really rather enjoyable. There were a few things that were bothersome but nothing we couldn't work around.

We took some time off from The Caribbean and tried the Mexican Riviera a few times. These were not so great so we passed it off as being on the left coast so we headed back to The Caribbean.

Unfortunately our last cruise on the Dream was dreadful. I'm really being kind. From the smell to the "unkempt" common areas we really felt we wasted our vacation - not just our money.

I would think ANY vacation purveyer has at least a slight duty to try to keep their guests engaged if not entertained. Honestly we felt "robbed".

YMMV

Archived