Delta Airlines check in ~ Barcelona

steveru621

I'm trying to get a feel for the Delta Airlines check in at the Barcelona Cruise Port. I've been able to find out it's in Royal's terminal B. But where? Is it a time saver? Long lines?

I'm going to book a 10:25AM Delta flight BCN-JFK and check in at the cruise port seems like the time saver I need.

I know, I know it's early, but it should fit.:confused:

I think your flight is too early to use the Delta service, if it is even available next season.

I'd recommend you use the ship's internet to check in, pay any baggage fees and print your boarding passes after the 24 hour mark.

Disembarkation in Barcelona is almost painless and there will be plenty of cabs pierside to whisk you off to the airport without any additional delay.

We have used the Delta pier side check in service for other airports but our flights have always been later than your 10:25 flight.

Good luck since I have no idea where to get a DEFINITE answer to your question. I'm not sure either Celebrity or Delta could guarantee anything at this point.

I think your flight is too early to use the Delta service, if it is even available next season.

I'd recommend you use the ship's internet to check in, pay any baggage fees and print your boarding passes after the 24 hour mark.

Disembarkation in Barcelona is almost painless and there will be plenty of cabs pierside to whisk you off to the airport without any additional delay.

We have used the Delta pier side check in service for other airports but our flights have always been later than your 10:25 flight.

Good luck since I have no idea where to get a DEFINITE answer to your question. I'm not sure either Celebrity or Delta could guarantee anything at this point.

Thanks for the information.

From what I have been able to piece together, the dockside check-in is used by Delta to entice passengers to use their 10:25AM flight. It's Delta's only non-stop flight out of Barcelona to JFK. All others are 1-stop operated by partner airlines (Air France and KLM). Delta has been offering the service since 2008 and just spent money to upgrade the facility. But you are correct there is no telling for sure it will be there October 2013.

I booked the flight, now I just need to figure out the timing.

When we arrive at the terminal to begin our cruise, our plan is to try and locate the Delta dockside check-in. Hopefully that will take some of the stress out of the early flight process.

Great idea to check before hand. I often recommend that inbound passengers take the time to locate things like the departure desk at the airport and the elevator/escalator/ramp pierside especially if they experience self disembarkation.

When we were last in Barcelona cruising, Delta did not have the check in pierside. That would be a big help. The seasonal BCN-ATL flight used to leave about the same time so it may be busy. You may want to check out the Delta departures because there may be too many using the service to expedite your transit.

Have a wonderful cruise. October will be here before you know it.

Archived