Anyone know which night is Caribbean Menu on Ruby Eastern?

ntengwall

Trying to figure out which night to make reservations for the Crown Grill and would like to go on Caribbean menu night. Thanks for any info!

I just returned from 32 days on the Crown & the new menus have very few specific themes & they didn't have a Caribbean night nor a French night. Based on posts it's the same on other ships & while I didn't constantly monitor the specialty restaurants they were practically empty when I saw them so you probably won't have a problem getting a reservation. There were only 6 of us in the larger aft facing Sabatini's on the Crown & that was before the reported price increase to $25 earlier this month.

Hello--

We were just on the Ruby Dec. 9-16th Sailing

Here are the order of the menus--

Sun. -- Sailaway

Mon. -- Italian

Tue.-- Captain's Welcome (formal)

Wed. -- Island Night (this used to be the Caribbean night)

Thur.-- Captain's Gala(formal)

Fri.-- Chef's Dinner

Sat.-- All American

Enjoy!

Hello--

Sun. -- Sailaway

Mon. -- Italian

Fri.-- Chef's Dinner

Sat.-- All American

Enjoy!

This will not be the same. We board on Sunday and Monday is New Years Eve which will be formal. Holidays change things.

Hello--

Sun. -- Sailaway

Mon. -- Italian

Fri.-- Chef's Dinner

Sat.-- All American

Enjoy!

Some of these nights are not terribly descriptive. Can anyone shed some light on what speciality dishes would be offered on Sailaway, Captain's Welcome, Chef's Dinner, etc? I love me some prime rib - what night would that typically fall on, if any?

I know opinions will vary, but if I were to want to skip the MDR for the Crown Grill one night, is there a particular evening that anyone would recommend to stay away from the MDR, based on the menu?

Thanks

Dave

Some of these nights are not terribly descriptive. Can anyone shed some light on what speciality dishes would be offered on Sailaway, Captain's Welcome, Chef's Dinner, etc? I love me some prime rib - what night would that typically fall on, if any?

You can see sample menus at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1750710 but they are friom a different cruise.

I know opinions will vary, but if I were to want to skip the MDR for the Crown Grill one night, is there a particular evening that anyone would recommend to stay away from the MDR, based on the menu?

Thanks

Dave

Prime rib is on the menu in thr d/r first night out & its quite good, with a generous serving.

Archived