Elation Birthday Cruise December 15-20, 2012 Picture Journal and Review

athenasbyshanna

Thanks! I was just at Target this weekend and they have their new swim line out (yours wasn't there). I'll check online!

Between Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day (swimming & boating) I like to have patriotic suits for such festivities!

This was an awesome review. Do you remember how much your trip to the ruins was and if there are vendors at the ports with tours we can take? I used to plan all my tours thru the cruise line until our trip to the carribean where the port vendors were way cheaper and better.

I think it was $35 each. But it was a smaller ruin lumped in with an all inclusive. There are other ruin tours that you get to see more. AutoProgreso runs the free shuttles down the pier so you can get it from the guide right there on the bus or when you get into town. They are everywhere as soon as you get off the bus.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome review! We are sailing elation in November!! Can't wait. Thanks for the insertion review. It is so hard to find stuff on the Elation.

On another note... We live about 1 hr and 30 mins from you. We live just on the other side of the Alabama state line...near Gulf Shores.

Thanks for the great review. We sail on her January 2014. We sailed once out of NOLA about 5 years ago (different ship, can't remember the name). But the water on the ship was horrible tasting! We (4 adults) couldn't drink it. We thought it was because of going down the Mississippi River and they were using that water to run through their purifiers. Did your ship water taste ok?

• 2 weeks later...
I absolutely LOVED your cruise review! Thanks so much for posting! I am sailing on the elation March 18th! You have inspired me to really document my cruise through pictures. Do you have a blog that you post your vacation stuff on?

I do Not have a blog. . . This was actually our first real vacation since we started dating over 3 years ago. we don't get to do stuff like this very often. . . . However I AM trying to plan my next cruise!! Maybe I should start a blog. . . . .

Thanks for the great review. We sail on her January 2014. We sailed once out of NOLA about 5 years ago (different ship, can't remember the name). But the water on the ship was horrible tasting! We (4 adults) couldn't drink it. We thought it was because of going down the Mississippi River and they were using that water to run through their purifiers. Did your ship water taste ok?

I didn't notice any issues with water taste at all.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I love your review and photos! Thanks for posting! We're leaving April 28th on the Elation!

I agree great review! Kytoco4 we are also sailing on Elation 4/28! Can't wait!!

Edited by ale4692

• 2 months later...

Funny....we went on the Elation this past August and I never saw this review.

We stayed at the same hotel beforehand and I swear, we have the exact same pictures. Lol

And yeah...getting to your room was quite an adventure, but DH had a ball scaring the crap out of my kids on that super-narrow winding entrance/exit from the parking garage.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by christyran1228

• 4 months later...

I also HATE the winding parking garage at the hotel! My husband thinks it's fun. And the awkward set up of the hotel, ugh. We had a work training there a couple of years ago and, although the hotel itself is nice and I do like that it's connected to the mall, I won't be back! If I'm not staying right in the French Quarter, my new favorite hotel is the Drury Inn. Otherwise- Hotel Saint Marie.

Anyway- great review! There are so few Elation picture reviews on CC, and I really needed something to get me out of the "I'm sitting at work and all I want to do is get on that cruise ship" funk. 11 days!!

PS: We're neighbors :D I don't like to say EXACTLY where I live... but... I live close enough that people at work commute here from Niceville ;)