Cheers Program

rjm376

We are a family of 6 cruising in October. Due to the ages of our children, DH and myself are technically booked in two different rooms. I am hoping to purchase the Cheers program, however, my husband does not drink alcohol. Because we are technically booked in two different rooms, will they allow me to purchase this on my own or because we will be sleeping in the same room, will he be required to purchase as well? If he's required to purchase as well then it really wont be worth it for us....

We are in the same situation and doing the exact same thing. DH will have it on his but I'm not bothering on mine. For the few drinks I will have, I will be purchasing per drink. I know I wouldn't get my monies worth but he will.

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

I get you on that.. but if you are not a liquor drinker.. that doesn't help.. 2 buckets of beer (8) beers per day pays for the cheers program..:D

That is worth it for the 2 buckets of beer and wish just my husband could purchase the program.

But to have to buy for both of us when I could not possibly drink my monies worth well, just isn't worth it.

I think the program is great for others just not for me.

I do find it absurb yes.. because it is alot of money for 2 or 3 or 4 depending on how many are in the cabin to fork out .. not everyone can afford that much.. as I stated I think it will be for those that usually spend that much or more that will actually purchase it.. or as I have seen in reviews those that would like to try other drinks that they would not try given they had to pay for them at the time..

You are entitled to your opinion just as I am..;)

We shall see what happens and hopefully I am wrong

we're doing it on our cruise that starts in 5 sleeps! My kids aren't pop drinkers, but I'm also looking forward to using this program to buy them the odd pop or no booze frozen drink (of course, saying it's for me).

I can't wait to sign up in 13 days! I've never came close to drinking $350 in the week, but usually we book a $50-$75 Breach Club with open Bar (and don't buy any drinks that day) and a $20 cocktail party (and no other drinks that day)...Last cruise we did the Grand Cabana in HMC for $1500 ($120per person) with open bar all day). I'm excited to try all drinks on the ship that i wouldn't buy before because I knew I liked others and didn't want to get something and not LOVE it.

I'm curious about under 21s being forced to buy the soda card (I read it on one of these 300 different posts about the program). It really doesn't matter for me, since we are both 30.

I bet if Carnival sees lots of bookings being changed to spread adults into different room and then move back on the ship, that they would start implementing minors getting the pop card.

I read that Princess (or maybe RCCL) is actually making it that all folios linked together or on same card need to purcahse their drink card.

My Maximum was 790$ for 1 Week. Too Much Party :D

My Second and third Cruises was with a All you can Drink. So included was Coffe, Red Bull and and. With the ALL YOU CAN DRINK you dont Drink JUST Cocktails, also non Alcoholic Coctails and and ..

What is the tax in Florida?? Wondering if you should wait until we sail?? Or just bite the bullet and buy it when we get onboard.

According to everyone that has already used it, you pay for the $42.95+gratuity when you buy it...no tax charger.

HOWEVER, each drink that you order while in US Waters will be charged the appropriate tax so a $5 beer with the 6% tax will cost 30 cents to be charged to your Sail and Sign until after US Waters when all your slips will be for 0

we're doing it on our cruise that starts in 5 sleeps! My kids aren't pop drinkers, but I'm also looking forward to using this program to buy them the odd pop or no booze frozen drink (of course, saying it's for me).

I guess you missed post #3 where the rules were posted.

Good thing Carnival doesn't read this forum

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get you on that.. but if you are not a liquor drinker.. that doesn't help.. 2 buckets of beer (8) beers per day pays for the cheers program..:D

Can you get buckets with this program? It says one drink at a time so not sure how that works with buckets.

Also, does anyone know if San Pelligrino Sparkling Water would fall under the 25% discount of bottled water? I'm assuming it is...

No buckets, you have to get each drink separately. However, once you get to know the wait staff, i am sure they will figure something out, if you like to collect a couple beers for the cabin. Otherwise the waitstaff is very attentive.

No buckets, you have to get each drink separately. However, once you get to know the wait staff, i am sure they will figure something out, if you like to collect a couple beers for the cabin. Otherwise the waitstaff is very attentive.

Thanks - we do like to have beers on our balcony, so was wondering how that would work. Guess we'll find out in 19 days!

• 3 weeks later...
I could always get a virgin Miami Vice and add some vodka in my cabin!

Haha ! Pure coincidence ? I've think on the same way !! Is it allowed to bring 1 bottle of Vodka on the Ship ? I've read that it is possible to bring a bottle of Wine or Champagne, but another one told me " Max. 9,3 Oz " so normal bottle.

Haha ! Pure coincidence ? I've think on the same way !! Is it allowed to bring 1 bottle of Vodka on the Ship ? I've read that it is possible to bring a bottle of Wine or Champagne, but another one told me " Max. 9,3 Oz " so normal bottle.

You're only allowed to bring a 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne - to bring vodka, you'll have to smuggle.

Question. Are the Non-Alcoholic cocktails also unlimited in the Cheers Programm ??

Non-alcoholic non-frozen/frozen cocktails and soda is included in the program but do not count towards the 15 drink limit.

Archived