Skinny In Italy!

CupKayke

Yup Kay - some days are HARD.

It feels like working all week, perhaps overtime, every day, then being told at the end of the week. "Well, you worked very hard this week, but you are not going to get paid. Now, if you work just as hard next week, you might get paid, but maybe not. Maybe just half." It makes me think, to heck with this, I'm quitting...and eating Doritos.

There are those days. Fortunately, they pass. Thanks for starting this forum so there is a place to vent when it goes poorly, celebrate when it goes well and anticipated weigh-ins to keep us accountable.

:D

So well said!! Working without getting paid, its a bitch!!

I got "paid" today ~ I woke-up and I was down THREE FREAKING POUNDS - ALL THREE WEIGHS - I usually do 2 out of 3 since my scales aren't high-end.

Talk about new motivation!! It's not official because it's not a Friday but let's hope it stays off!! I cheated last night cuz I was pissed-off! LOL :o:D

I got "paid" today ~ I woke-up and I was down THREE FREAKING POUNDS - ALL THREE WEIGHS - I usually do 2 out of 3 since my scales aren't high-end.

Talk about new motivation!! It's not official because it's not a Friday but let's hope it stays off!! I cheated last night cuz I was pissed-off! LOL :o:D

Woohoo, what a way to start the weekend :)

Another decent weigh-in, down 1.8 pounds! I've sooooo busy at work for the last two weeks, plus I had two sets of company (both sides of the family) and all kinds of stress. I wasn't really expecting great things from the scale!

My biggest problem - motivating myself to exercise. I have a membership to the YMCA that is literally just up the street from my house. I have a stationary bike, a fitness ball and 10-pound weights in my bedroom. But I've been soooooo tired when I get home from work, exercise is the LAST thing on my mind!

My doc put me on a new Rx for my Lupus, and I'm wondering if it's sapping the life out of me - LOL! But even if it is, that's just an excuse.

Today I washed and folded all my exercise clothes and put them in a stack in my closet -- so all I have to do is grab a top and bottom. I packed my gym bag with shampoo, conditioner, socks, tennis shoes and everything I could possibly need. It's klind of like a "go" bag we used to keep when I was a TV news journalist.

So, all I need now is the motivation!!!

Massive apologies if this sounds like a vent. I'm down close to 9 pounds since starting this little project 4 weeks ago. I have no real complaints. But I'm ready to kick it up a notch!

Finally: Congratulations losers! Kay, I truly believe that even though you may not have a loss on the scale, you are definitly having losses in inches -- while you are working out. Eventually that blasted scale will catch up! I call it the "ebb and flow" of dieting!

Ann

A setback today, my dad´s birthday and lunch in a greek restaurant and cake and not enough workout ruined my balance for the day.

Got to be back on track tomorrow.

Mmmmmm, greek food...

Remember that no one day counts on its own, its the cumulative effect!!

Monday is another day :)

Who doesn´t?

We´ve spent the morning wandering around the zoo, all in all two and a half hours walking uphill, downhill and uphill again :)

So I don´t feel as bad about food as I did yesterday.

It´s just 11 days til our first cruise of the year, our birthday cruise, and I hope I manage to control my eating.

Has MFP an offline functionality?

Wowsers! That's awesome for sure!!

Went pre-cruise shopping today.. black yoga pants for the overnight international flight (going to pair them with a cute short-sleeve top, jacket, and my tennis shoes). I also ran by Maurice's and got two tops I didn't need but I was excited because the Maurice's top I walked in the store wearing was a 2 (Plus size for XXL) and the two tops I walked out with were 1s (Plus size for XL). Go me!

I think I will go back in April and get some new jeans too. I am hoping I can actually go down a size of jeans so we'll see. If I went down 2 sizes I could shop over on the "regular" side. Maybe I'll save that goal for AFTER the cruise.

Only 74 days until vacation and I feel like my excitement is rising every day!! UPS is at our house every day delivering something... new camera, photo albums, new shoes for DH, Kindle protective cover, new sandals for me, books for me (I'm not the Kindle user, DH is), etc etc etc Planning and purchasing for this trip is like Christmas but better!! :D:D

Wow Kay - that is great! Sounds like so much fun.

You can totally lose a jeans size by April - but if not, after cruise is a good time too. :D

I have a work dinner tonight at a french restaurant - must.control.self! My husband has gallantly offered to eat my dinner for me. So selfless :rolleyes:

Hey all!

I'm with you Kay on the "lose a jean size by April" plan! I went shopping yesterday and bought two really cute sundresses for my cruise. They were a regular XL and fit a little tight. I'm hanging them up in my closet where I can see them everytime I turn on the light. They remind me how comfortable and well fitting they will be come May!

I wanted to buy some shorts as well, but decided to put them back. Shorts are one of those things you want to fit well, and I didn't want to gamble that the one's I bought today would fit well by May.

I'm lucky that Valentine's Day around our house isn't a big deal -- definitely no chocolate. Hubby brought me some flowers to work yesterday and I got him some M&Ms for his office -- which means he took them to his office!

So far - so good!

Ann

It is Friday here - lost 1/2 Kg or about a pound this week, which was nice. My goal is 2-3 more Kgs by the end of next month - 5 weeks. We are heading to Australia at the end of March for a work trip - well, work for me and holiday for my family :). I'm sure I will squeeze some beach time in as well.

However, this afternoon took off early to go wine tasting, which lead to bread tasting...and cheese tasting...and olive tasting...and pesto tasting...:D

Starting back in the morning - its all good. (That is probably the wine talking).

Happy weigh in!

Happy Friday! Congrats to our losers! I am down 1lb to 156 today...after a 0 loss last week. My goal was 5lbs for the month - I had better hop to it to meet that goal. I am still kickin butt on exercise - I feel much stronger and can feel a difference in my body shape...my legs are much more solid. I have fallen a bit off track with my eating and tracking - going way over on weekends (think Superbowl; Anniversary dinner) and needing to make up for it during the week. I have not started my weigh lifting either.

Valentine's Day was roses and jewelry - husband knows not to give me candy...BUT, I had bought candy for a project my daughter was doing and ate 1/2 a bag of conversation hearts. Ugh! Still struggle with controlling sugar cravings.

Goal for week - weight training 3x; drink my water and tea (been off that), and watch food every day this week - not just weekdays.

Have a great week!

Wendy:D

I'm down 0.2lbs from my last loss. I'm happy to have recovered from my gain last week. Overall, I've lost 2 pounds in the three weeks since I've joined here. I'm excited to start running once the snow and ice are gone, hubby got me a GPS watch for Valentines Day.:)

Have a good weekend,

Susanne

Worldtrekker ~ Yay on the 1/2 kg loss!!! Wine...bread...cheese...those are all the reasons I'm going to Italy in April! ;)

Charlene ~ Awesome for reporting a weight loss!! The longer we are one here, the harder it seems to be.

Summer girl ~ Keep hanging-on...you'll be down 3 next week!!

Wendeah ~ YAY!! 1 pound is good after 0 last week!! I know how it feels!! I also know how it feels to have sugar cravings. :o I won't allow sweets in our house or I'd eat them all.

Susanne ~ Any loss is a godd and you've done great since joining us!! :)

WHERE ARE ASHLEY, CATE, ANN, ETC TODAY??!! :)

Archived