Skinny In Italy!

CupKayke

Cindy - hope you are feeling better soon.

Charlene - good loss! Have a good weekend.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in - it's been a good week eating and exercise wise. I am surprised how quickly fitness comes back - the first day I struggled with the elliptical; now I am upping the level. I am making sure to drink plenty of fluids and making good snack choices.

I love My Fitness Pal - do you usually eat back your exercise calories? I have been eating back about 1/2 to 3/4 of them.

Until tomorrow...

Wendy

Cindy - hope you are feeling better soon.

Charlene - good loss! Have a good weekend.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in - it's been a good week eating and exercise wise. I am surprised how quickly fitness comes back - the first day I struggled with the elliptical; now I am upping the level. I am making sure to drink plenty of fluids and making good snack choices.

I love My Fitness Pal - do you usually eat back your exercise calories? I have been eating back about 1/2 to 3/4 of them.

Until tomorrow...

Wendy

Wendy - I enjoy myfitnesspal too. I would say whether or not you eat your exercise calories depends on what your calorie goal is. You should try to net above 1200 at the end of the day. So if your calorie goal is 1200, then you will have to eat back those calories. Having an excessive deficit in calories isn't going to help you in the long run.

Thats just my two cents :) I always eat back most of my exercise calories, and I still lose weight when I stick to the tracking.

Charlene, I try to limit carbs at night. But we will occasionally make popcorn and lately I've been having a small scoop of ice cream with some berries.

Doing ok on the food still, we were going to go get cheesesteaks yesterday, but then found out the place closed down. so that was good and bad. I liked that place, but my butt obviously doesn't.

Weigh in tomorrow!!

I have been eating all of my calories - or almost all of them - every day - and MFP lets me have 1300 a day!

I think losing 1 pound a week is about perfect. I'm going to have to remember that when I slow down and am only losing a pound or less a week.

I also get hungry at night - I've started having a banana or some sort of fruit or 100 calorie popcorn. It all works for me! :)

I feel really good about where I am at right now - but I need more exercise overall.

Wait, how are you under the 100 mark? My ticker says I still have 115!!

You are probably right and I'm wrong.

I counted on a calendar and used my calculator and I'm sure I didn't do it right. Maybe wishful thinking?

I have not had the best of days today.

I had planned on eating my 100 cal. oatmeal for breakfast once I got to work and ended up with a firedrill meeting. (That's what we call unexepected meetings!) We didn't get out until after lunch and I was sooo hungry. I still managed to keep my lunch to about 400 cals.

But my classes have started back up and I go straight from work to class tonight. I used to swing through a drive-thru on the way to class to grab something for dinner... but these days I'm trying to avoid that. Unfortunately I forgot to bring myself something to eat, so I think I'm going to be having a protein bar for dinner. Not good. We'll see how this affects my weigh-in on Saturday!

Ann

I was down 3 pounds today!!! Same as last Friday!! Bring-on the dancing smilies!!

6 pounds total weight loss in 11 days. I was down 3 pounds yesterday so I was hoping it stayed off since I had 1/2 of a Diet soda yesterday. I KNOW the weight loss will slow down quickly but I feel prepared for the slow weeks ahead.

I was hoping for 4 pounds... and I was so close I could taste it! ;):rolleyes: Next week, I think I will be on a different "area" in the scale - which is always something to look forward too for me.

I'm driving out of town today ~ to a nice city where they have Starbucks & real food I love and it's going to be hard to be strong today. :cool: I currently live in the middle of nowhere so those sort of temptations do not exist - just McD's basically.

Good Luck everyone on your weigh-ins today. :)

Morning! Did my workout and weigh in before work today - down 4 to 162.5 (though I consider this a 2 week loss as I basically stayed the same last week and was PMSing)....but I will take it! Happy scales to everyone today:)

Wendy

Great job on everybody's weight loss efforts

this week!

I am down 195 from 197.2. While I know I should

rejoice in the 2 lb. loss, I am frustrated as I've

been up and down in the same zone for the last

6 months. :confused: My my most challenging time of the

day is from the time I get home from work and

dinner (around 5:00). I am hungry, and 3:00/4:00

seems to early for dinner. :rolleyes:

I usually don't have a problem after dinner,

which I try to get out of the way by 5:00; as

my usual bedtime is approximately 8:00 PM due

to 3:45 AM mornings.

Have a great day, and a nice week-end when

it begins. :)

My my most challenging time of the day is from the time I get home from work and

dinner (around 5:00). I am hungry, and 3:00/4:00

seems to early for dinner. :rolleyes:

Have you tried eating something during that time such as a half of a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread? I struggle then as well - veggies don't work and neither does yogurt for me. I could nosh through my whole pantry. I experimented this week and found that the 1/2 turkey sandwich with a little swiss and a handfull of spring mix helped me through along with something hot -- either tea, coffee, or lower sodium chicken broth. Also the 94% fat free popcorn also worked.

Congrats on the loss and have a good weekend!:)

Good work Kay, Wendy, Cindy and Donna - great losses. (I hope I didn't miss anyone that posted)

Donna - I agree - 3-4pm is a bad time. I usually try and distract myself during that time so I'm not thinking about food. I get home from work about 2:30pm - so it can be difficult. I find loading up on water usually helps a bit. When the weather is good - that's the time I take the dog for a walk. That really curbs the appetite as well.

Congrats to everyone and those are some excellent "curbing" ideas. I am feeling much better today, fever broke last night and that's most of the battle. I think I can get back to exercising by Sunday. Never thought I'd say it but I actually miss it! Cindy

Awesome Job everyone!!

No weight loss this week for me :( Still 14.2 pounds to go.

Oh well, just need to be better this weekend and keep working out.

I am so sore today, ugh.

I'm rarely hungry in the afternoon, maybe you all should try adding more protein and fat to your lunch.

Keep up the awesome work!!

Good morning all!

I was totally surprised at my weigh in this morning --- down 6.2 pounds for the week! Frankly, I think that's an indicator of how badly I was eating until last week, when I started counting my calories.

So far, I haven't had any hunger/snacking issues... I just hope I can keep that mentality up. One thing I didn't get to do this week was any real exercise. Hoping to get that going next week. I guess it's all baby steps!

Ann

Now that is really fantastic Ann!:D Great going. It is wonderful when the stuggle with hunger & cravings give you a break isn't it? Hope we can both get some exercise in this week. My cruise is only 48 days away and I still have 18 pounds to go for my cruise goal. Good luck!!

Ann ~ Congrats!! That is a great weigh-in!! I used My Fitness Pal and added-up a semi-typical day for me PRIOR TO THE DIET and put in a few goodies here and there I would have... I was easily scarfing down 3 or 4 THOUSAND calories a day prior to Jan 1st!!

MamaBoss... 48 days until your cruise!! Consider me JEALOUS!!

I went out of town yesterday and ladies... I have NEVER been so proud of myself as I was yesterday. Go-Go-Go and stop for an apple at the local gitn'go type of store, go-go-go some more and have a half sandwich/half soup meal from McAllister's for lunch (under 500 calories), go-go-go some more and I finally got some water and a turkey on wheat sandwich from the local gitn'go type of store on my way out of town at 7:30pm last night. I did AMAZING. I was over by 300 calories because I had ONE cheat... Auntie Ann's pretzel. I had one small, plain pretzel with no sauces and no salt... it was nearly 400 calories I think. At that point, however, it had been nearly 4 hours since I had ate anything and I was starving... I'm used to all my little fruits and veggies to munch on all day at work!! LOL I also walked my butt off yesterday ~ shopping!! :D

I'll shutup now. It was just a really good feeling for me to have so much willpower yesterday.

Awesome Job Ann!! Keep it up!!

Great day Kay, hope it just gets easier and easier.

I am hoping this soreness goes away, because we are planning to walk up koko head crater again tomorrow. It is an old railway road that goes straight up. We counted 1100 steps last time and it was a killer.

Of course I know we will stop at Teddy's burgers after, but ill have earned it!

Hey Kay, I am very proud of you, that was great willpower. Now I am jealous because one of my biggest hurdles is not making bad choices when I am out or at work. I am doing great because I am home all the time right now but I will be back at work in about a week and I will have to exercise willpower. I have a feeling that we will be so busy I may be lucky to eat some lunch and won't have time to see what others are munching on. :D Cindy

Awesome Job Ann!! Keep it up!!

Great day Kay, hope it just gets easier and easier.

I am hoping this soreness goes away, because we are planning to walk up koko head crater again tomorrow. It is an old railway road that goes straight up. We counted 1100 steps last time and it was a killer.

Of course I know we will stop at Teddy's burgers after, but ill have earned it!

1100 steps??!!! WAY TO GO and HAVE FUN TOMORROW!!! WOW!! We are sitting here in the pouring, cold rain today and the high tomorrow is supposed to be in the 30s here... no walking to any cool craters!! HA You will definitely have earned a burger!!

Hey Kay, I am very proud of you, that was great willpower. Now I am jealous because one of my biggest hurdles is not making bad choices when I am out or at work. I am doing great because I am home all the time right now but I will be back at work in about a week and I will have to exercise willpower. I have a feeling that we will be so busy I may be lucky to eat some lunch and won't have time to see what others are munching on. :D Cindy

HAHA!! Thank you and good luck at work!!!!!!!!!!! My work is full of people who have went on a diet with me and/or are always dieting so everyone is being SUPER SUPPORTIVE, THANK GOODNESS!! :)

The view for the top of our 1100 step hike today. Burned 1000 calories according to my heart rate monitor and I am beat. Husband and I shared a burger and plenty of fries. But at least we shared :)

A good start to what I hope is a good week. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

1589789429_SEcoast.jpg.0e59859c8af3df0a83aa3d9724a93966.jpg

Archived