Skinny In Italy!

CupKayke

Welcome Donna! Love the idea of a pedometer to wear to work.

Kay - I also eat when stressed....your commitment to this program and planning will get you through your visiting relative;)

Charlene - good plan for the day. As far as drinking, I have been doing green tea, water, and Crystal Light (Margarita or Appletini -yum!) I also did a lot of housework yesterday. Got my closet in order - and set up my clothes by size so I can work my way down. I'll have a whole new wardrobe when I lose some weight....

Ashley/Cindy - how did your weekend go?

I am doing better since my Friday eat fest....was on track the rest of the weekend and haven't missed a day of exercise since 1/1/13....and I am not as sore...yay! Have a good Monday!

Excellent plan Charlene! When I go back to work the end of the month I think I will copy it if you don't mind.:p What is basmati rice? Cindy

No problem.

What is Basmati Rice? Basmati rice is a rice popular not only for its flavor, but for its fragrance. It is remarkably long for a rice, and becomes longer still when cooked. It can be either brown or white with the brown variety having more flavor. When cooked, the rice is lighter and more fluffy than standard white rice, and does not stick together.

This is taken from about.com

Hello all, I would love to join your group if I may!

I was hoping someone would start a new year thread, since there are so many existing groups already.

We are crusing in May, so I have about the same time frame as most of you. However I do my weigh ins on Saturday. I found that helps keep me accountable through those scary times: Friday - Sunday.

I'm also on MyFitnessPal - AnnInTexas.

I love how you can enter your daily food/exercise and see where you are at. Thanks to that food diary, I quit eating so much salad dressing!

Ann

Welcome Ann! I weigh in on Friday for the opposite reason, if I choose to cheat on Fri, Sat or Sun, I have till the next Friday to work it back off! :D Luckily I have not wanted anything so bad I had to cheat yet, but it has only been 8 days also, LOL. Cindy

Hey everyone, weekend was as expected for me. Had a huge burger on saturday for lunch, so we spend 2 hours walking around Waikiki in an attempt to burn some of it off. Other than that though, by food choices were decent. Still too much wine, but what are you gonna do :) I hopped on the scale to assess the damage, not too bad, still think I can be down some by friday.

Sunday I did a circuit workout with some strength moves.

Today is off to a great start though, smoothie for breakfast, 50 minutes on the rower, and left over paella for lunch. Making tacos for dinner, and as long as I don't go overboard on the wine, Ill be under my calories.

Welcome newcomers!! Hope we can all stay on track!!

Welcome Ann!! Our cruise vacation "officially" starts April 27th so I'll be on here for the next four months. I hope this thread is just as active in April as it is now!!! :D:D:D:D

MFP is AWESOME!!! I love it because it helps me to keep track and reminds me to watch calories ~ I feel accountable to it and I like that!! :)

Good morning all. Woke up yesterday with a cold, yuk!:mad: My Chest feels soooooooo heavy. I am gonna try to at least get some walking on the treadmill in today. If I can't exercise for a few days I will have to work like a horse by the end of the week to get it all in. Wish me luck! :)

Good morning all. Woke up yesterday with a cold, yuk!:mad: My Chest feels soooooooo heavy. I am gonna try to at least get some walking on the treadmill in today. If I can't exercise for a few days I will have to work like a horse by the end of the week to get it all in. Wish me luck! :)

I agree, don't push too hard. A little walking is always good. Just watch the foods you eat. Stick to whole foods, help your body heal.

Feel better!!

On Friday I was 193.6 down from 194.4 the week before. This week so far has been bad. It was my birthday yesterday and my mother in law made home-made cupcakes. Today I have a migraine so I'm drinking Mt Dew. My shoulder is hurting bad this week and I've not gone to the gym at all.

Not looking forward to Friday's weigh in. :(:(:(

By the by, I'm 5'6", down from a size 18-20 earlier to 16-18 now.

Is there anyone else out there who's weight varies greatly from day to day? I weigh & write it down every morning. My weight can vary up to 4 lbs from day to day. This isn't even counting in the swing with cycle.

Is there anyone else out there who's weight varies greatly from day to day? I weigh & write it down every morning. My weight can vary up to 4 lbs from day to day. This isn't even counting in the swing with cycle.

Definitely! That is why its good to just watch over the course of a month or more. Mine will fluctuate 5 pounds depending on how much water I'm retaining. And I'm a size 10/12, so don't let the small fluctuations worry you. Over time, it will go steadily down.

Hello ladies - quick check in. I had time off from work last week - but not back to the grind and less time to post :mad:....gotta make the $ though.

Doing well so far this week - becoming more comfortable with MFP as I go along....and for some reason that website (in contrast to this one) is not blocked from my work.

Will check in again tomorrow - keep up the hard work...

Wendy

Well I did not make my exercise today:mad: I only ate 1000 calories today as I just don't care to eat so that should help anyway. Maybe tomorrow!

Jasonsmom: no way could I weigh every day. I can gain 5 lbs or lose it in a day lol. Too depressing if I gain so I stick with once a week and sometimes twice. Guess everybody has their own plan huh? Stick with it, you can do it! Cindy

Good Kay - way to go.

I've eaten well this week, but haven't gotten in much exercise.

To other posters discussing weight fluctuations, I find that I am pretty consistent if I weigh myself first thing in the morning - but I don't dare step on the scale at any other time of the day. I know it could be up to 4lbs higher - and I don't want to see that.

I agree about not weighing every day -- that would make me crazy! But I firmly believe in weighing first thing in the morning, and if possible, the same time everyday.

A nutritionist I spoke with also suggested not weighing after a workout (like at the gym). She says you build up fluid/acid in your muscles which could give you a false increase in weight.

Meantime... I'm on day 3 of counting my cals and logging my food on MFP. So far, so good! No real exercise yet, except for cleaning my monstrous 2-story house, so I've included that. I also did some dumbell curls in my bedroom last night.

My husband is a college professor and they go back to school next week -- which means he won't be home until 7:15ish twice a week. I figure those are at least two nights I can pop in to the gym!

I actually counted the days until my May cruise and found we're now under the 100 day mark -- just barely. Funny how I can't wait for it to get here... but at the same time, I want as much time as I can to lose some lbs!

Ann

I agree about not weighing every day -- that would make me crazy! But I firmly believe in weighing first thing in the morning, and if possible, the same time everyday.

A nutritionist I spoke with also suggested not weighing after a workout (like at the gym). She says you build up fluid/acid in your muscles which could give you a false increase in weight.

Meantime... I'm on day 3 of counting my cals and logging my food on MFP. So far, so good! No real exercise yet, except for cleaning my monstrous 2-story house, so I've included that. I also did some dumbell curls in my bedroom last night.

My husband is a college professor and they go back to school next week -- which means he won't be home until 7:15ish twice a week. I figure those are at least two nights I can pop in to the gym!

I actually counted the days until my May cruise and found we're now under the 100 day mark -- just barely. Funny how I can't wait for it to get here... but at the same time, I want as much time as I can to lose some lbs!

Ann

Wait, how are you under the 100 mark? My ticker says I still have 115!!

Nice work on the food, and I also weigh in every morning for the most part. And considering I didnt do it for a month and ended up gaining 7 pounds :/ I will keep weighing daily.

I'm doing well so far this week. No real exercise yesterday, but I kept my calories in check.

Went for a run today so that I can splurge a little and still stay under :)

One day at a time!!

Hey all! Doing fantastic with the calories every day, that's the good news about being sick. With bad cough and low grade fever I just can't exercise. Friday should be interesting! :) Hope all of you have a great weigh in and please be careful, this flu is not fun! :eek: Cindy

Hi all,

I had to weigh in today since I am going out of town later today and won't have access to a scale tomorrow. I was 152 last week and was 151 today. If I can lose a half to 1 pound a week I'll be very happy and will meet my goal within 2 months or less. Then I get to buy new clothes!

Hope everyone else does well tomorrow.

Who else gets hungry in the evening? I always save 150 calories so I can have a snack around 8pm. Sometimes it's a bowl of Special K; sometimes an ounce of cashews or almonds; sometimes a banana. What are your favourite night time snacks?

Charlene

Good job Charlene! I usually go to bed & watch tv at 8 pm so not a problem for me. My biggest challenge is at work. Must be stress. Also difficult to make wise choices for lunch when out shopping with mom & sil. Have a safe trip Charlene!

Cindy

Archived