Skinny In Italy!

CupKayke

I love everyone sharing on this thread ~ it is super motivating for me. I need to rev-up the EXERCISE!! I am going to start here at work - getting-up every 30 minutes to do something - and I just volunteered to walk up three flights of stairs to take a stamp to someone! LOL

I love everyone sharing on this thread ~ it is super motivating for me. I need to rev-up the EXERCISE!! I am going to start here at work - getting-up every 30 minutes to do something - and I just volunteered to walk up three flights of stairs to take a stamp to someone! LOL

Excellent idea - I think the little changes do make a big difference. have a sendentary job and need to be a bit more active when I can. Set my work screen saver with a picture of the Caribbean for further motivation. I am trying typing reports standing up as well and taking small breaks to walk around.

Hi again, I did an hour of strength work today, feeling sore and good.

I just want to say to beware of going below 1200 calories for more than a couple days in a row. Especially if you do any exercise. Its not good on the body and it will fight back. Don't be afraid of food, just choose real food that is good for you (I need to listen to this advice).

Strength training has always worked best for me in the past. I recommend to anyone who doesn't already do any. And it doesn't need to be big weights, just body resistance (squats, lunges, push ups, wall sits, etc).

Looks like we are all off to a good start though :) First Weigh in tomorrow. I am going to post my goal to lose, and my plus or minus for the week. Then total to go.

Nice, stairs are an awesome workout! Even if you can just throw in a few flights at lunch.

Where is everyone?

It's weigh in day.

Guess I will start.

I stayed the same - 152. This was the same as my last weigh in on December 21st.

I'm sure I must have been up a couple of pounds at some point over Christmas, but they have disappeared.

My starting weight on Sept 10, 2012 was 170. So, I'm down 18 pounds since using My Fitness Pal.

How is everyone else doing.

Charlene

Morning Charlene -- good job with banishing those holiday pounds!

I did not actually weigh myself before (was too nervous to see the damage), so today is my starting point. I had been hovering steadily at 164 before the holidays, and this morning am at 166.5 due to my indiscretions. Looking forward to heading down from here :)...my goal is 140 by 6/29/13....25 weeks from now.

Wendy

I'm down 3 pounds. I now officially have 24 pounds to go by April 27th.

Please note... I am much heavier than most of you posting and I gave-up all sodas (sodium) on the 1st so most of my weight is probably just water. The weights the rest of you are posting are my dream weights... :o

Anyway, I am eating healthy and getting some exercise but not enough. I have grand plans for this weekend, however.

Kay - way to go! Doesn't matter where you start or if it's water - a loss is a loss - yippee!

Charlene - I am 5'3"....long ago 128 was my goal weight (though was something like 112 on my wedding day). I haven't seen 140 in many years, so set my goal there. I will re-evaluate as well when I get there.

Baby steps......

Oh, and I do want to say how much I am enjoying having this thread as well as the motivation on MFP. I know I can do this, as I have lost weight many times in the past....but I am the type of person who does much better having people who are in it together. :) Happy Friday everyone!

Kay, that's great - down 3 pounds - way to go.

You will get to your dream weight - just take it slow.

Anything extra you can do in a day will help - extra flight of stairs; walking a little faster than normal; put on a great song and just have a little dance!!

I did that the other night with my 2 daughters who came for dinner on New Years Day. We just danced for about an hour. Lots of fun and a great workout.

Keep moving!

Charlene

Hey all! Looks like everyone did very well. Congrats! I am 5 Ft 3". On the first of Dec. I weighed 193.2. When I weighed myself at the start of the week I weighed 198.2. Today I weigh 196.8. I set a goal to get down to 175 by March 1. :eek: Cindy

Hey All!! Looks like we are off to a good start.

Goal: Lose 15 pounds

This week: Down .8 (thats something :) )

To Go: 14.2 pounds

Remember that goal weights are going to be so different from one person to another even at the same height. Muscle mass and basic bone structure make a huge difference. I know people 30 pounds lighter than me at my same height that don't look that much different. Just an FYI :)

But just for anyone interested. I'm 5'7" starting was 164, first goal is 149. Have been reaching for below 150 since my wedding. I got to 153 while my husband was in Afghanistan last year. But it has been a steady vacation for us since July. Moving to Hawaii. Living without our household goods for 2 months. Lots and lots of eating out and booze :)

But we are getting back on track, and here it goes again...

Good Morning! Had a rough night eating wise last night -- felt hungry before the family got home and ate Kashi cerreal as my dinner. Then they wanted to order out and I ate a bruschetta chicken salad (not terrible, I know)...but I wasn't hungry and it put me over my calorie goal (along with some snuck fries and a choc covered pretzel).

New day dawning....I need to get some more snackable foods in the house. And work on midless eating when I am not hungry. Weather should be warming a bit the next few days - going to throw in some outdoor walking as well :)

Wendy

Good Morning! Had a rough night eating wise last night -- felt hungry before the family got home and ate Kashi cerreal as my dinner. Then they wanted to order out and I ate a bruschetta chicken salad (not terrible, I know)...but I wasn't hungry and it put me over my calorie goal (along with some snuck fries and a choc covered pretzel).

New day dawning....I need to get some more snackable foods in the house. And work on midless eating when I am not hungry. Weather should be warming a bit the next few days - going to throw in some outdoor walking as well :)

Wendy

Haha, you have nothing on my night last night. I think I ate every snack we had leftover from christmas, along with all the wine. :) But like you said its a new day, everything leftover is going in the trash.

Have a great weekend. And remember this is just the start of the week, we have 6 more days before our next weigh in.

Made myself a cup of hot chocolate today... and then poured it out!! Made myself a cup of sugar-free hot tea instead. :D

Been walking, mopping, cleaning & rearranging the house ALL day. I'm exhausted but the house looks great and I feel good about my day today. :)

It's amazing how many calories you burn by house cleaning - and you get a nice reward for your efforts - a clean house.

I indulged in a juicy hamburger for dinner tonight. But I buy the low calorie sirloin burgers - 180 calories and 8 grams of fat. Even had a hamburger bun - another 180 calories. With a large mixed greens salad and some low cal balsamic dressing, it's a filling meal for a total of 400 calories.

I'm trying to stop drinking diet pop. I'm down to 1 glass a day, but I like a glass at dinner. What does everyone else drink?

Came in at under 1300 calories today.

It's amazing how many calories you burn by house cleaning - and you get a nice reward for your efforts - a clean house.

I indulged in a juicy hamburger for dinner tonight. But I buy the low calorie sirloin burgers - 180 calories and 8 grams of fat. Even had a hamburger bun - another 180 calories. With a large mixed greens salad and some low cal balsamic dressing, it's a filling meal for a total of 400 calories.

I'm trying to stop drinking diet pop. I'm down to 1 glass a day, but I like a glass at dinner. What does everyone else drink?

Came in at under 1300 calories today.

Sad to say I drink very little water:o. I drink diet pop & milk. I am trying to get better at my water intake. The 2% milk uses up too many calories and points so have cut that down. Cindy

Greetings,

I started a new thread, but was invited to jump

over to this thread. Like you, I could use the support

of those who have the same challenges and goals

(whether the goals be big or small).

I am 60 and was doing a relatively good job of

slowly losing the unwanted weight until surgery to

repair my right torn rotator cuff. Between surgery,

recovery, and being placed on light duty (6 months),

I had gained 16 lbs. :eek:

My ultimate goal is to lose 40 lbs.; but am realistic

enought to try to obtain those goals in small increments

(5 -10 lbs) until I reach my goal. :rolleyes:

I am a Head Custodian at a Middle School, so my job

is pretty physical, and I get a lot of steps in by the end

of my shift. I programmed my new Omron pedometer

which tracks calories, steps, aeorobic steps, and miles.

I average about 13,000-14,000 steps by the end of

my shift.

Now my goal is to try to get in more aerobic steps

which happen after 15 minutes of continuous walking;

and to watch what I eat.

I do well with my eating plan from morning until

I get home from work; then tend to graze until I

prepare dinner. I like to try to eat by 5:00 PM, as my

regular bedtime is 8:00/8:30 PM.

Well enough about me. I look forward to being an

active particpant of this thread.

Donna

Welcome Donna!! I've been meaning to use a pedometer but all of them laying around had bad batteries. I think I'll go ahead and get another pedometer so I can track my steps ~ good idea! :)

Today was a tough day for me ~ I felt hungry from about 2pm until 7pm. My evil mother-in-law is back in town today and just knowing that stresses me out. :( Food is my stress relief. BUT, I still did good today so YAY ME!!

Welcome Donna!

Well I have 10 minutes before I have to leave for work, so thought I would do a quick post. All my food is planned for the day. I always feel good when I have planned it all out. It's easier to stick to it. No more "food" decisions needed.

Breakfast is the same as always - a big helping of homemade oatmeal with 2 tsp of brown sugar and some cinnamon and a cup of tea. Lunch is 70 grams of white turkey breast; 1 ounce of low fat swiss cheese and a mixed green salad with 2 tbsps of raspberry vinagarette dressing. I'll have 2 Hershey's dark chocolate miniatures for a treat. Dinner will be 4 ounces of pork tenderloin, stir fried with a half cup basmati rice with red peppers and onion. I'll add a couple of tablespoons of a soya, ketchup, sugar, vinegar sauce that I make. I'll add a salad as well. I will still have 180 calories left for another treat. Will also work on drinking lots of water.

Well - time for work.

Have a good day everyone.

Charlene

Archived