Skinny In Italy!

CupKayke

I would like to join your group. I cruise May 14 on the Carnival Glory to the Bahamas. This is my 6th time doing this paeticular cruise and this time I want to do it smaller. I am currently in a size 16 and would like to be a 12 by cruise day. If not a 12 a 14 will do. Just want to be smaller. I'm 53 and it's so hard to lose weight when you're over 50. I joined WW and watching my carb intake. I'm also on myfitnesspal. Username is same as here.....nurseingu. Please feel free to befriend me there. I do a lot of walking. Do 1.5 miles daily on my lunchbreak and 3 to 4 miles in the evenings after work.

Karen

Welcome Karen,

Glad you can join our little group.

I'm in my 50's too. I have been using MyFitnessPal since September and have lost 20 pounds since then. It can be done - you just have to WANT IT!

Feel free to share any of your tips, recipes, ideas, successes and failures. We'll cheer you on.

Charlene

Welcome Karen,

Glad you can join our little group.

I'm in my 50's too. I have been using MyFitnessPal since September and have lost 20 pounds since then. It can be done - you just have to WANT IT!

Feel free to share any of your tips, recipes, ideas, successes and failures. We'll cheer you on.

Charlene

I shouldn't have said "failures". I hit the reply button too quickly. I should have said challenges.

Sometimes I feel like I've failed if I gain a pound or haven't lost. But there is always another day/week/month to work harder and improve. It is such a reward seeing the numbers drop on the scale or in clothing sizes.

Charlene

I would like to join your group. I cruise May 14 on the Carnival Glory to the Bahamas. This is my 6th time doing this paeticular cruise and this time I want to do it smaller. I am currently in a size 16 and would like to be a 12 by cruise day. If not a 12 a 14 will do. Just want to be smaller. I'm 53 and it's so hard to lose weight when you're over 50. I joined WW and watching my carb intake. I'm also on myfitnesspal. Username is same as here.....nurseingu. Please feel free to befriend me there. I do a lot of walking. Do 1.5 miles daily on my lunchbreak and 3 to 4 miles in the evenings after work.

Karen

Welcome Karen!!

We are all here taking it one day at a time too :) I few of us are also on myfitnesspal, but I'm having a hard tmie staying with it. I make almost everything I eat and its hard to get an accurate calorie count in my meals without excessive work.

Keep up with all that walking, you will get there in no time. A lady I worked with once swore by walking and drinking lots of water, so make sure you are drinking lots of water :)

Welcome to our little group!

Yes, welcome Karen! I am 55 and feel your pain with how hard it is to drop just 1 pound! I also am on MFP and Weight Watchers. I agree with agottula, I make most of my food also and it takes too much time to input. I usually am between 12-1400 calories and 26 WW points. I did not lose anything this Friday's weigh in but will just keep going! :D

Thanks everyone. Yea I intend to hang in there. I also do around 1200 calories and 29 ww points. I hate to track meals but I've been told its a beey important key to weight loss. So lately I track on ww and sometimes mfp. Tracking twice is too much. I also prepare most of my meals. Stayimg away drom prepared or fast foods for now. I weigh in on Thursday. Last week I was down 3.8. I know eveey week won't be that good. But any loss is better than a gain!

Karen

Hi Karen!!

WELCOME ABOARD! ;) Some of us are leaving on a cruise May 4th so you are right there with us!! My iPhone counter says 98 days until we leave for vacation!! YOWZA!!!

I also use MFP and I see we are friends on there!! :D Yay! I've been watching what I eat but I am also exercising now... a walking tape I'm doing at home and I'm doing A LOT more around the house than I used too... things are organized, cleaned, and generally rearranged on a weekly basis!! LOL It's the little things I'm proud of so far...

Hi Ladies, I would like to join as well. we just got back from the holiday sailing on the QM2, we really don't gave a cruise planned until March 2014 on the Oceania Rivera but might do a Bermuda cruise in July. We are spending 2 weeks at the beach in August. I want to lost 15 pounds tipping the scales currently at 147 and al 5'6". I am 57, do 3-4 miles in the treadmill 6 days a week, thinking of mixing that up with yoga. I am on a 6 o'clock train every morning and am exhausted when I get home at 6 at night, exercise has to be before work.

Re: re foods that cut calories/fat, I use egg beaters instead of whole eggs and really like fiber 1 brownies and chocolate chip Cooke bars when I want something sweet. Also, I don't eat meat, chicken or pork but have veggie burgers and roasted veggies different ways. Has anyone tried miracle noodles, great substitution for pasta.

I will weigh in on Fridays.

Yes we are friends on MFP cupcake! Think we crossed paths @ the myfitnesspal thread here!Welcome Catew! :) Im a newbie here too bit everyone has made me feel so welcome. The miracle noodles are pricey but wonderful! I make a stir fry and mix veggies, shrimp or chicken with them. Delicious! Very good alternative to pasta. I try to keep them on hand.

Karen

Yes we are friends on MFP cupcake! Think we crossed paths @ the myfitnesspal thread here!Welcome Catew! :) Im a newbie here too bit everyone has made me feel so welcome. The miracle noodles are pricey but wonderful! I make a stir fry and mix veggies, shrimp or chicken with them. Delicious! Very good alternative to pasta. I try to keep them on hand.

Karen

Are they the same as Shiritake noodles? If so, I have tried them a couple of times. I'm still not sure if I like them. They are tasteless, but they seem to give me gas.

Charlene

Hi Ladies, I would like to join as well. we just got back from the holiday sailing on the QM2, we really don't gave a cruise planned until March 2014 on the Oceania Rivera but might do a Bermuda cruise in July. We are spending 2 weeks at the beach in August. I want to lost 15 pounds tipping the scales currently at 147 and al 5'6". I am 57, do 3-4 miles in the treadmill 6 days a week, thinking of mixing that up with yoga. I am on a 6 o'clock train every morning and am exhausted when I get home at 6 at night, exercise has to be before work.

Re: re foods that cut calories/fat, I use egg beaters instead of whole eggs and really like fiber 1 brownies and chocolate chip Cooke bars when I want something sweet. Also, I don't eat meat, chicken or pork but have veggie burgers and roasted veggies different ways. Has anyone tried miracle noodles, great substitution for pasta.

I will weigh in on Fridays.

Welcome Cate!

We are similar in height and age. I am 56 and 5'6". I am currently 149 - down from 169 last September. But I don't think I could imagine dropping 15 more pounds. I set my original goal for 145, but might get to 140 and then will reassess. What size are you in clothes? I am usually an 8 now unless it is a small fit and then might need a 10.

Anyway, welcome to this thread!

Charlene

Are they the same as Shiritake noodles? If so, I have tried them a couple of times. I'm still not sure if I like them. They are tasteless, but they seem to give me gas.

Charlene

Yes Charlene I believe they are the same. I have the Miracle noodles. I have heard of others that have tried them complain of gas too. They didn't bother me. Not much of a taste to me either. I like them because of the low carb calorie and fat content. And I try and spice them up a bit. I've never eaten them alone. Always mix with meat and veggies. Don't thimk I would care for them solo!:)

Karen

Welcome Cate! I would also be interested to know if "miracle" noodles are the same as "shiritake" noodles. I do not like the "shiritake" at all. I rarely eat pasta but when I do I go with "smart taste" and eat less. I wish I liked the tofu noodles. Back to work for me tomorrow after a month off. I am sure it is gonna stink!:( Cindy

Welcome Cate!

I definitely understand the too tired to do exercise after work thing. I'm completely convinced if I worked part-time or not at all that I would have a great figure. That's sorta true since I gained all of my weight in 3 years, after I started my job.

Friday weigh-ins keep me accountable and I like them... even if it was just 1 pound on Friday... consistency is my key and hope for a lighter future. :)

Size 8 and 10?? You ladies are my old weight and size... the ones I dream of now. :o

Yes the are similar to those noodles and I agree that they are tasteless but I team them with veggies and marinara sauce so it doesn't matter, lol. I am a 6 or 8 depending. I was looking at my wedding pictures, I think I was 125 and I know I will never get there. That was the twiggy era. Hope springs eternal. Anyway, I know it will be slow going but this will keep me honest! Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Cate!

I definitely understand the too tired to do exercise after work thing. I'm completely convinced if I worked part-time or not at all that I would have a great figure. That's sorta true since I gained all of my weight in 3 years, after I started my job.

Friday weigh-ins keep me accountable and I like them... even if it was just 1 pound on Friday... consistency is my key and hope for a lighter future. :)

Size 8 and 10?? You ladies are my old weight and size... the ones I dream of now. :o

Haha, I agree Kay!! I wasn't even an 8 in high school and I was an athlete then. I think it just depends on your body shape and how you carry your weight that makes a difference for people.

ok I am joining this group....I have 12-15 to lose before my March 31 trip out of NOLA.....been working out with my husband since 2 weeks before christmas and we are still going strong. I am doing walk away the pounds with Leslie Sansone and cut out the half n half in my coffee ( which I must say that after adding it all up.......that is 66,000 calories over a year), eliminated splenda from the coffee as well...yup drinking it black and it really is not so bad. We are both working on lean proteins, veggies, n fruits with lots of water. I friended a few of you on MFP so look for it. To a healthy way of living :)

ok I am joining this group....I have 12-15 to lose before my March 31 trip out of NOLA.....been working out with my husband since 2 weeks before christmas and we are still going strong. I am doing walk away the pounds with Leslie Sansone and cut out the half n half in my coffee ( which I must say that after adding it all up.......that is 66,000 calories over a year), eliminated splenda from the coffee as well...yup drinking it black and it really is not so bad. We are both working on lean proteins, veggies, n fruits with lots of water. I friended a few of you on MFP so look for it. To a healthy way of living :)

WELCOME!!!

I am also doing Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds!! I really like her! At first, I had NO CLUE how uncoordinated I am!! LOL I am getting the swing of things now!

I shouldn't have said "failures". I hit the reply button too quickly. I should have said challenges.

Sometimes I feel like I've failed if I gain a pound or haven't lost. But there is always another day/week/month to work harder and improve. It is such a reward seeing the numbers drop on the scale or in clothing sizes.

Charlene

life has many challenges and while we feel like we fail if we just take a step back and change it to a challenge you will win :)

Archived