Just off Oasis (and finishing laundry) any questions?

Crewzer33

Had a WONDERFUL time on this ship. Was on it two years ago and its sister ship Allure last year. Let me know if you have any questions. Tony Tillman was the headliner -- he has ALOT of energy! Comedians were very funny, Chris Bliss was one of them, can't remember the other guy from New Jersey's name.

Had a WONDERFUL time on this ship. Was on it two years ago and its sister ship Allure last year. Let me know if you have any questions. Tony Tillman was the headliner -- he has ALOT of energy! Comedians were very funny, Chris Bliss was one of them, can't remember the other guy from New Jersey's name.

Did you happen to find out how long Amy Frickert will be CD this run? I was on Oasis in Nov and had Ricky Matthews as CD, he was going on vaca when our cruise ended. Will be returning in May and hope he will be back then!

We did the Western route. One of the comedians joked that we were on a great route, going to three of the most dangerous countries in the Caribbean: Haiti, Jamaica and Mexico. We love Labadee, Jamaica is Jamaica (outside the gate is a whole different world) and we also love Cozumel (went to Paradise Beach).

First time we had Amy Fickert (or a female) as CD and we liked her very much, but do not know how long she is on the Oasis.

We did not do any specialty restaurants and always found something delicious to eat from the menu in the main dining room (we eat at mostly high end restaurants on land).

I was on Oasis Sept 15 for the second time - western itinerary . We did not dine in the MDR at all so I can answer restaurant questions.

Had the CP dining package which was a good deal.

First night we dined at Giovanni's and it was excellent! The caesar salad, antipasto and pesto scallop appetizers were amazing. We dined outside and that was a total delight.

150 Central - we had dined there our first time on Oasis and liked the menu much better then. We were not really enamoured with it this time and felt the meal was really dragged out. We will probably not dine there again this year on Allure.

Chops was the best!!! We dined there the last night and had we been there earlier in the week, we would have gone another night. Steaks were cooked perfectly and tender as can be!

Solarium Bistro - ate breakfast and lunch there almost every day. Tried it for dinner and it was much better than expected since it is advertised as 500 cal or less entrees. You could NEVER tell they were that light. The atmosphere was lovely with white lights and candles. Un fortunately , I think most are scared away by the "healthy" theme. There were very few people there; in fact ship's officers were more plentiful than passengers

Vintages Wine Bar - they serve tapas that are awesome!!!! You get 7 tapas for $11 and they are very plentiful and filling. We ate there two nights. The wine cost more than the tapas

Did you happen to find out how long Amy Frickert will be CD this run? I was on Oasis in Nov and had Ricky Matthews as CD, he was going on vaca when our cruise ended. Will be returning in May and hope he will be back then!

I'm pretty sure that Ricky is going to be on a different ship. I think he's taking a break now and then he goes to another ship.

thanks for your reply MLM. I appreciate your review of the specialty choices. Is there a charge for the Solarium Bistro?

Solarium Bistro dinner charge is $20 per person.

Here is the pdf for all restaurants on Oasis class and what they charge: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/10020614_Allure_Specialty_Restaurant_Flyer.pdf

Where was your room & were you pleased with it?

My room was on Deck 9, large interior stateroom, towards the front of the ship on the starboard side. It was a great location as it was in the middle between the pool deck 15 and dining rooms on deck 3, 4, 5.

My DH is hesitant to go on Oasis or Allure due to their size....He just imagines everywhere and hours to get on/off at any pier or tender. Is it really that bad?

First, there is no tendering with Oasis or Allure. Second, every port has security checkpoints off the ship, so you actually go through security faster (because there are more checkpoints) than on other ships. Getting on and off the ship is no problem at all.

Archived