Carnival Liberty - what dining room is better?

Groliv

Hey folks,

What main dining room on the Liberty is better / nicer? I know both would offer same food, but wondering which one people prefer.

Has anyone had any great / poor experiences in either one?

When booking our cruise, do we get to specify which dining room we want?

:)

The forward dining room is the Golden Olympian with the bottom floor being for anytime dining and the upper level for traditional dining. The aft DR is the Silver Olympian and it is used for open seating for both breakfast and lunch and then traditional dining in the evening. They are pretty much decorated the same - but with strong gold tones in one and strong silver tones in the other. As far as the food - it comes from the same galley and then service - well you can luck out and get an awesome team or suffer with a less than par team, but usually the service is quite good.

We were in the Golden Olympian didning room in October and had Anytime Dining. It was awesome! The waiters were very fun, remembered us after the first day (brought DH 2 appetizers, 2 desserts, etc). The Maitre'd sang every night ... not the greatest singer but got the guests involved and some even danced. No dancing waiters every night, but that was OK. This is the same dining room that the Comedy Brunch was served in. Had breakfast one day in the Silver Olympian and it is more open and airy, larger than the Golden, I thought. We prefered the coziness of the Golden Olympian.

Francisco and Ronnie in the Golden Olympian were awesome. The Golden Olympian hosted the breakfast, brunches, and lunch on my cruise except for after we arrived in Miami, we went to the Silver Olympian

Personally, I liked the Golden Olympian decor better than the silver.

We were on the lower level of the Silver Dining room in November. I do not think you can say which one is better from cruise to cruise.... the staff changes, the people surrounding you are different, etc.

We loved our dining team and enjoyed our location. I think as long as you are not tucked in a corner, either dining room is luck of the drawer for service!!

Catrin

Archived