WIFI: Reflection vs Equinox

fussylady

We were on the Equinox and the wifi was pretty terrible anywhere on the ship. Horribly slow. Even in the computer center the service was very poor. I wouldn't bother paying for any more wifi service on that ship. It was a waste of money.

Is the wifi service any better on Reflection? I was hoping they might have found some way to improve it.

We were on the Equinox and the wifi was pretty terrible anywhere on the ship. Horribly slow. Even in the computer center the service was very poor. I wouldn't bother paying for any more wifi service on that ship. It was a waste of money.

Is the wifi service any better on Reflection? I was hoping they might have found some way to improve it.

Hi Fussylady,

From what we've heard, there's newer technology on Reflection, so it should be faster/improved vs. the technology on their older ships. They've also just installed a new satellite on Eclipse last month. On my Eclipse sailing, we saw zero improvement, but recent Guests have said it's much better now. I believe that all S-Class ships are due to receive upgrades.

As far as Reflection & Eclipse.... while this should mean a faster internet, it will probably be nothing close to the high-speed internet that many of us have at home.

I'm also hearing that ship-wide Wi-Fi will be added to Constellation when she has her next Drydock in April.

FWIW, I was on the same cruise as Host Andy and never have any Internet access issues until the next to last day when I needed to get my Southwest boarding pass. Fortunately, the Celebrity person manning the iLounge had access to a 2nd Internet connection and was able to accommodate everyone.

Greg

FWIW, I was on the same cruise as Host Andy and never have any Internet access issues until the next to last day when I needed to get my Southwest boarding pass. Fortunately, the Celebrity person manning the iLounge had access to a 2nd Internet connection and was able to accommodate everyone.

Greg

Buy the Early Bird check-in from Southwest on your return flight so you don't have to check-in. The check-in is done automatically and you can wait until arriving at the airport to print your pass while checking your luggage. You will still get an 'A' or low 'B' boarding number. It's worth the $10 pp not to worry about it.

Also for what it's worth, when we sailed Equinox the WIFI was no worse than any other ship we've been on. As Host Andy said, it's won't equal your high speed internet at home.

Greg

You are lucky Greg. Were you using your own laptop and Wi-Fi ? It was horrible in our cabin. On far too many occasions, I could not connect, and when I did, and it was as slow as molasses. In some cases, it took several minutes to load just ONE page. I spoke with several guests while onboard, who also commented about overall slowness and down time. Of course, when it comes to Wi-Fi, location likely has everything to do with it. Perhaps you were in a better reception area than we were.

The good news is, recent reports from Eclipse comment on significant improvement, so we can hope the issues have been resolved !

We were on the Reflection Dec 5 thru 15 and the WiFi in our cabin had very good. A couple of times it wasn't available but within a few minutes it was up again. Also the woman working in the Computer Center was the best ever.

Archived