Age Range on Different Lines

fawns12

Hello! My husband and I are in our late 20s and located in Europe. We are going on a Greek cruise this year with Royal Caribbean. We have also looked into a Norwegian itinerary with Celebrity for next year. My question is- do the ages on the different cruise lines tend to vary? We want to meet other people our age and be social while onboard. We've never cruised here before.

Hello! My husband and I are in our late 20s and located in Europe. We are going on a Greek cruise this year with Royal Caribbean. We have also looked into a Norwegian itinerary with Celebrity for next year. My question is- do the ages on the different cruise lines tend to vary? We want to meet other people our age and be social while onboard. We've never cruised here before.

Every cruise I've done has had a huge variety of all different ages. I'm sure you'll find people your age. Have a great time!

There is a wide range of ages on nearly all sailings. The one exception would be the real long cruises, especially on the smaller ships. For instance we were on the 680 passenger Ocean Princess for 30 days from Singapore to Cape Town laast April. There was one child, the 2 yo son of the captain. Most passengers were 50 or older.

The general opinion is that Royal Caribbean and Carnival, possibly NCL will cater to the younger crowd, especially families. But the rule of thumb is that the longer or more exotic the cruise is, the older the demographic. that is because younger people don't have enough seniority in their jobs to be able to take the longer vacations...nor the money to pay for them. Cost of airfare to Europe is a consideration now, too. Younger couples may also be accompanied by children.

That said, cruising in Europe is all about the itinerary. Usually it is port intensive, few days at sea to relax onboard. So finding congenial fellow cruisers is not so important. EM

The Norwegian itineraries don't attract the families as much as the Med ones- and in the summer holidays, some of the livelier ships can seem overwhelmed by children! Celebrity is a little more upmarket than its parent company RCI, so will not be as attractive price-wise, either. Other than that, there will be adults of all ages, and some children around.

Archived