Island Princess Specialty Restaurants - Recommendations on menu items??

Kathy with a K

We are sailing on the Island Princess Panama Canal partial transit in February. and are are planning on going to Sabatini's and the Bayou Cafe once or more. We will also be doing Ultimate Balcony Dinning. I was wondering if recent passengers could recommend menu items that were particularly good or share information on items which are bad in the two specialy restaurants and in the MDR. I realize that opinions on food are strictly personal, but still value other's input.

Thanks to all,

Kathy

We went to the Bayou Cafe early in our cruise but didn't enjoy it enough to go a 2nd time which we had considered. I wouldn't know good from bad Cajun food & paid the extra $5 for the lobster tail. I had a steak which was good but overall prefer the Crown Grill on other ships.

We didn't go to Sabatini's on the Island but recently enjoyed dinner there on the Crown. I heard so many good things about the bass for two but it was too 'fishy' for me & my fish loving wife said it was "okay". Previously I thought the veal chop was fatty & the longostino to be too much work for so little food but have enjoyed the lobster trio previously. All of the other courses were good so lots if good food & service.

We enjoyed the UBD on the Island in May & the Crown in November where we were able to exchange the half bottle of champagne for a full bottle of wine also priced at $32. On the Island it was on our smaller Aloha deck balcony during sailaway from Costa Rica & in Santorini despite a larger Caribe deck balcony we opted to have it in our cabin due to the weather conditions.

We are sailing on the Island Princess Panama Canal partial transit in February. and are are planning on going to Sabatini's and the Bayou Cafe once or more. We will also be doing Ultimate Balcony Dinning. I was wondering if recent passengers could recommend menu items that were particularly good or share information on items which are bad in the two specialy restaurants and in the MDR. I realize that opinions on food are strictly personal, but still value other's input.

Thanks to all,

Kathy

Was on the Island in November and Sabatini's was wonderful. Davide the manager was fantastic! I wish I still had the menu but the souffle and calamari were great. They make lobster the "Italian" way (dredged in flour) and it its a bit chewier than the kind you would get on formal night in the dining room. If you want it made that way just ask. Also recommend the espresso creme brulee for dessert. YUM.

Hi

We were on the Island in November and had a wonderful dinner in Sabatini's. We had the Veal chop as our main course and it was delicious. For the pasta dish I requested only marinara sauce instead of the bolognese and they were very accommodating and made fresh sauce.

We did look at the menu for the Bayou Cafe but the selections were not ones we would enjoy so we did not go there to eat. Dinners in the dining room were good and we had wonderful table service and Ignacio the Maitre'd was super in taking care of our food choices.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived