Afternoon tea

lovesublime

I haven't read anything regarding this lately, but I'm curious to know if Carnival still has the afternoon tea. If so, is it sea days only or everyday?

Is this something that has been cut back? We'll be on the Breeeze in February if that makes a difference. Thanks for any info!

I've never done the afternoon tea before .. Do they just serve just tea or is their appetizers to? whats your experience with it?

Been a little while since we've "done" the afternoon tea, but I remember there also being little sweets and/or finger foods served along with various kinds of tea.

I am assuming it's dress casual for afternoon tea.

It was when we participated (I think that was on a couple of our Carnival Spirit cruises)....it was held in one of those "lounge-type" areas of seats (you know, where there are windows on one side of the seats and the walk-way to get from one end of the ship to another end, on the other side of the seats)...Since you could just happen upon it as you were talking about the ship, casual attire was all we saw!

Cucumber sandwiches, smoked salmon open sandwich, little tarts, cakes, scones with cream (but no jam:().

Lovely experience and hope that Carnival does not do away with it as Royal no longer offers it.

No more piano player on the Breeze anyway.

Held on all sea days at 3pm.

We have always enjoyed the little afternoon teas on sea days. They are casual dress so you can just pop in for a few minutes without having to go and change clothes in the middle of the afternoon. I never saw anyone in swim attire though. We really like having tea on the ships that still hold it in the piano bar instead of the MDR much better though. Having done the tea in the MDR on the Breeze and the Dream, the ambiance is just not the same.

I'm going to try for it on my cruise.

DCL (Disney) used to have one but cancelled theirs. It was one of the things I found I enjoyed the most! So I hope I get to go on my upcoming CCL cruise. Will just make sure I am there early enough. I know there is a large group of Red Hats on my cruise, so that could affect the amount of openings. I don't mind sitting with others at all, it actually might be rather nice.

Archived