Why has Guadeloupe been 'dropped' ?

Tizzy

Yes, I to have just been to check the seat booker for flights for our cruise on the 7th March and noticed the itinerary has been changed to Dominica on the 19th March.

I little disappointed as we would have much preferred Antigua..... never mind as you say as long as the sun shines

Hi Sue, if they do take notice of the surveys, why are they still visiting St Vincent,. Everytime we go there the dw and I take a quick walk around the town and return to the ship......I find this port a waste of time.

Hi Hammers

May be cheap to dock there, like you not too fussed about St Vincent, last year

We're only off about 30 mins,pick up a fridge magnet and back on board.

Think we are there next feb on Azura,,so may try their beaches next time.

Sue

Hi Hammers

May be cheap to dock there, like you not too fussed about St Vincent, last year

We're only off about 30 mins,pick up a fridge magnet and back on board.

Think we are there next feb on Azura,,so may try their beaches next time.

Sue

Hi Sue, the lack of a decent beach is the problem, we went to Villa beach, which I understand is the best/most accessable beach available and I can tell you it is not good. The beach is verry narrow, the sunbeds were both expensive and of poor qualitity. People who didn't/couldn't have a sunbed were at risk of having their belongings washed away by the incoming tide, the beach is that narrow !!!

Affer walking around Kingstown back in March 2012, we will be forced to give the beach another try.This will be our forth visit to St Vincent and I really dislike this port, If only we were stopping at Grand Turk.....that has great beach with free sunbeds :D

Terry

Hi Sue, the lack of a decent beach is the problem, we went to Villa beach, which I understand is the best/most accessable beach available and I can tell you it is not good. The beach is verry narrow, the sunbeds were both expensive and of poor qualitity. People who didn't/couldn't have a sunbed were at risk of having their belongings washed away by the incoming tide, the beach is that narrow !!!

Affer walking around Kingstown back in March 2012, we will be forced to give the beach another try.This will be our forth visit to St Vincent and I really dislike this port, If only we were stopping at Grand Turk.....that has great beach with free sunbeds :D

Terry

Thanks Terry for the beach info, may have to do a bit more research,like you

Grand Turk was our favourite stop November 2011, loved it which is why we

Picked 22 Feb 14 sailing it seems to be the only 14 nighter on Azura stopping there, same itinerary

we previously done, but as it was a wet first week quite happy to repeat.

Sue

Curiouser and curiouser....

At the weekend Guadeloupe had disappeared, replaced by Dominica (Azura 7 March cruise). Today Guadeloupe is back and bookings for shore excursions there available. Do they seriously think we are going to part with our money now for these when they could change their minds again?

Come on P&O, make an executive decision!

We're on the 7th march cruise as well and are planner is showing it has changed back although its saying tender required now where as before it was saying possible tender required . So why did the lady I spoke to on the phone at p&o tell me it had been changed because of security issues ??

I am on the cruise that was due to call at Guadeloupe on 5 February. I have had no notification of any change either by letter or e-mail from P & O. Only after reading this thread have I checked the itinerary on my cruise personaliser and now find that I am going to Antigua instead. Guadeloupe was the very reason I booked this cruise. This is not the first time P & O have changed ports at short notice, Aruba was on the itinerary for several years running and was changed every time with about two weeks notice, the excuse given on those occasions was that there were too many ships in port. I don't think they can use that excuse this time. I am suspicious that as the Azura Caribbean itineraries were only organised just over a year ago when the world cruise was cancelled, (a relatively short time in cruise planning terms) Guadeloupe was included to help sell these cruises and P & O never had any intention of going there.

Guadeloupe was one of the main reasons we booked too !

I am so upset that we wont be going there. It has put me off P&O a little bit as there was no explanation. Ports are very important to us as we often hire cars etc. I hate any last minute changes. A new port to explore is always good. We have been to Antigua too many times before. It is not a favourite port of ours.

Hi - we are due to fly out on 14/03/13 and were due to visit Guadeloupe on 19/03/13 but this was changed to Dominica for a while; now guess what? Guadeloupe is showing again and has been for a few days as visiting on 19/03/13 with "tender required" showing and shore trips for sale. Are we going or NOT?

Hi - we are due to fly out on 14/03/13 and were due to visit Guadeloupe on 19/03/13 but this was changed to Dominica for a while; now guess what? Guadeloupe is showing again and has been for a few days as visiting on 19/03/13 with "tender required" showing and shore trips for sale. Are we going or NOT?

According to

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingpointeapitreguadeloupe-19mar2013.html

You are going to Guadeloupe, don't know how up to date the info is.

Cb

Hi Cruisebore -Thanks for the link. It certainly seems as though cruises departing 7th & 14th March from Barbados are now going to Guadeloupe; certainly hope so as I am looking forward to seeing this island. We will see..............

Hi, for what it's worth, like PJ We are on the 14th March transatlantic sailing and Guadeloupe was dropped off the itinerary and replaced with Dominica, then a few days later it was back on again. I phoned P&0 to be told we were definitely not stopping in Guadeloupe, but they were unsure what port it would be replaced with. However it continues to be on the itinerary and excursions are available ??? Where we will be stopping :rolleyes:

I have just this second finished booking our cruise on the Azura on the P&O website for 31st January 2013. As part of the booking process I had to tick the box to acknowledge that Guadaloupe has been dropped and replaced with Antigua. This is the second occasion that Guadaloupe has been dropped from my cruise itinerary, the first time was on the Ocean Village, where both Martinique and Guadaloupe were dropped due to a general stike and public unrest. I was initially looking forward to visiting Guadaloupe but reading the ports of call forum I was starting to struggle to decide where to go. Also some of the feedback was not very positive. So, all in all I'm please to be going back to Antigua which is an old favourite with loads of beautiful beaches to visit. Dickersons beach here I come :D

Terry

We're also on the 31st Jan Cruise and had a letter around Christmas from our Travel Agent re cancellation of Guadaloupe and replacement by Antigua. We're supposed to be meeting friends who are on holiday in St Lucia when we stop there on the 6th Feb but I'm not sure whether they have shuffled the stops around. I've also read on here that ports were shuffled due to flight delays because of the bad weather at home. I suppose we'll not know for definite until we're on the ship.

We're also on the 31st Jan Cruise and had a letter around Christmas from our Travel Agent re cancellation of Guadaloupe and replacement by Antigua. We're supposed to be meeting friends who are on holiday in St Lucia when we stop there on the 6th Feb but I'm not sure whether they have shuffled the stops around. I've also read on here that ports were shuffled due to flight delays because of the bad weather at home. I suppose we'll not know for definite until we're on the ship.

Hi Yorkshirebelle, I would be very surprised if the port order has been revised, I'm sure it's just going to be a one for one swop, Guadaloupe for Antigua.

Yes it does look like Dominica on the 19th March the following is now on the P&O website if you go through the booking process. Personally a little disappointed would rather have gone to Antigua, also according to port schedule Celebrity Summit with 1950 passengers aboard will be there to could be a little busy!

From P&O:

Please review itinerary - Guadeloupe replaced by Dominica

Following a recent review of the itinerary for your cruise and to ensure you are able to fully enjoy your time ashore, we have decided to replace the call to Guadeloupe on 19 March with one to Dominica on the same day. The ship will berth alongside for the duration of the call. The revised itinerary is shown in full on this notification. A full shore excursion programme for Dominica will be available within approximately 5 days to book online via Cruise Personaliser at http://www.pocruises.com Thank you for your attention to this notification and we look forward to welcoming you on board Azura

Archived