Starbucks Via

fireflymd

After hearing all the reviews about how bad the coffee is (and I love good coffee and would miss it during our 12 day land and cruise tour), I purchased some Starbucks Via packets based upon the recommendation of some on this forum.

I would love to thank you directly but I have been unable to find the threads where this was mentioned.

Thank you for this suggestion! Their Colombian variety is very good--the best instant coffee I've ever tasted. We plan to bring these packets with us to ensure a decent cup of coffee on vacation.

Now if there were just packets of heavy cream to travel with, that would be heaven!:D

No need to travel with heavy cream - we simply fill a drinking glass with cream at the buffet and take it up to our little mini-fridge for the next morning. Works perfectly :)

We have extra cream delivered with room service breakfast and put it in the fridge.

Hi There

You will not go without good coffee on a Princess cruise,

they use the same machines as Starbuckets, opps Starbucks,

not got the best company image in the UK,

you just need to go to IC and buy a coffee card.

yours Shogun

After hearing all the reviews about how bad the coffee is (and I love good coffee and would miss it during our 12 day land and cruise tour), I purchased some Starbucks Via packets based upon the recommendation of some on this forum.

I would love to thank you directly but I have been unable to find the threads where this was mentioned.

Thank you for this suggestion! Their Colombian variety is very good--the best instant coffee I've ever tasted. We plan to bring these packets with us to ensure a decent cup of coffee on vacation.

Now if there were just packets of heavy cream to travel with, that would be heaven!:D

We love Starbuck's via for traveling also, never leave home without it!! Just order a carafe of hot water with cream each evening on the breakfast menu. A hint: we found that 3 packets of Via in one of the Princess carafes gives 4 cups of great coffee.:D

No need to travel with heavy cream - we simply fill a drinking glass with cream at the buffet and take it up to our little mini-fridge for the next morning. Works perfectly :)

We have extra cream delivered with room service breakfast and put it in the fridge.

Princess has heavy whipping cream at the buffet? And available with room service? If true, that would be great--I love heavy cream in my coffee, not milk or half and half.

Hi There

yours Shogun

Unfortunately, the Coral Princess does not have an International Cafe, and I have been unable to find out if they will get one during their drydock.

We love Starbuck's via for traveling also, never leave home without it!! Just order a carafe of hot water with cream each evening on the breakfast menu. A hint: we found that 3 packets of Via in one of the Princess carafes gives 4 cups of great coffee.:D

Thanks! That's so good to know. I don't think I will ever travel without these little packets ever again. So nice to know it IS possible to have a decent cup of coffee.

I might have been one of those people who recommended Via in lieu of hauling a Kuerig and a million k cups.

You are welcome!;)

Yes, I had read about people considering hauling their Keurigs on vacation and I was hoping I didn't have to resort to that. This is so much a better option, thanks!

Hi There

yours Shogun

Unfortunately it's not the machine that makes the flavor. It's the beans! Coffee from the IC is much better than the dining room/buffet, but I don't want to pay for every cup. We bring Via and enjoy it much better.

Unfortunately it's not the machine that makes the flavor. It's the beans! Coffee from the IC is much better than the dining room/buffet, but I don't want to pay for every cup. We bring Via and enjoy it much better.

Only the IC coffee is brewed from beans. The rest of the coffee is from a liquid concentrate mix. If you get your own coffee at the buffet you will see that the stream of coffee sometimes run clear causing inconsistant cups.:(

Unfortunately, the Coral Princess does not have an International Cafe, and I have been unable to find out if they will get one during their drydock.

I'm pretty sure you can get speciality coffees in the bar in the lido

-- where the machine is in the service area, behind the bar.

Thanks! That's so good to know. I don't think I will ever travel without these little packets ever again. So nice to know it IS possible to have a decent cup of coffee.

Found this comment on another thread about Coral:

"We loved the Patisserie on the Coral. It was the ONLY place were you can get brewed and specialty coffees."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=25679285

It's post #10

Archived