Customer Relations No Upgrades sign

MindyJohn

Has anyone ever requested an upgrade at Customer Relations upon boarding? I often see a sign posted on the desk during the first few days of a cruise saying No upgrades are available, which implies that occasionally the reverse is true. Access to upgrades is also mentioned in the list of Crown and Anchor benefits, so I'm just curious about others' experiences. Thanks !

After 9/11 we were able to get upgrades at the pier for great prices. Those upgrades are a thing of the past. Nowadays, the ships tend to sail at capacity. In the C&A section on the RCI website, there is a list of preferences for your cruise. You can select that you will accept an upgrade if offered. It could happen but you are always wise to book the category that will make you content for the cruise.

The sign is posted to indicate there are no upgrades available. Most cabins that would be available for upgrades either complimentary or at discounted rates would have been assigned before the cruise starts boarding. Those upgrades are assigned at such a time before the cruise date so that the cruiseline can resell the lower category cabins at deeply discounted last minute rates to finish filling the ship to capacity.

Every person I have ever heard ask if upgrades were available on the day of sailing were told no.

Archived