Can one be Gluten Free on Solstice?

AZMembergs

Hi All,

My doctor has me on a gluten free diet and here I am facing a wonderful, long-time-planed-for-cruise on the Solstice for 18 glorious days.

Question to anyone who is experienced and/or knowledgeable:

• Does Celebrity/Solstice help those of us with food allergies?
  • Any experience here if you found they do?
  • Was your experience good, if they do?
  • Is it worth asking TA to request a GF diet?

Any advice will be welcomed; thanks so much for your input,

Nessa

The answer is yes on Celebrity. We traveled with a good friend who was Gluten free. They brought her a special menu each evening so she could pick her dinner for the next evening. Just be sure to let them know you are gluten free and they will take care of you. Enjoy your cruise

Celebrity is great with Gluten Free. They will have GF pasta and bread on board, and will even honour special requests to make non-GF food GF. For example, they do a great turkey parmigiana, which if you make a special request a day ahead they will make with GF breadcrumbs and serve with GF pasta (their regular marinara sauce is already GF). They will also make a special batch of GF ice cream for you, and if you ask on the first day you can enjoy it for the rest of the cruise.

As soon as the Cruise Critic search feature gets repaired (it seems to be missing again tonight) do a search of the Celebrity board for the words "gluten free" and you'll see dozen of posts from passengers who have been very pleased with Celebrity's GF offerings. Enjoy your cruise!

Gals, Guys, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

GF Ice cream? WOW! :p

Seems I will need to be diligent and plan one day in advance. OK, can do.

I'll also be on the look out for the repaired CC search engine.

Many thanks!

It is best though that you contact the cruise line Special Services a few weeks before cruising so they can advise the ship. That way the Maitre D/restaurant manager will be ready to brief the wait staff and look after you with any specials you wish doing in advance

It is best though that you contact the cruise line Special Services a few weeks before cruising so they can advise the ship. That way the Maitre D/restaurant manager will be ready to brief the wait staff and look after you with any specials you wish doing in advance

Sounds like a good idea. I was going to ask my TA to do this, but a follow-up to "special services" wouldn't hurt, either.

Thanks, again, everyone for taking the time to make me feel better.

N.:)

Archived