Anyone book Godfrey's tour on St. Thomas?

Hi there. We're sailing on 7/10 on the Mariner. Family of 10. Has anyone booked outside RCCL with Godfrey's tours? I went on his website and it seems like a great package. Pick up at the pier, shopping, island tour and beach, and drop off at the ship for only $20.00 each. My husband is concerned with booking anything outside of the cruise line, as far as safety and getting back to the boat on time is concerned. Please let me know what how this tour worked out for any of you. Thank you very much.

We took Godfrey's tour last year and were quite happy with it. He picked us up at the pier and took us to town for some shopping. Then we did a little island tour and ended up on the beach for a couple of hours.

We had our choice of beaches to go to (Coki, Saphire, or one other - I forget which). We were the only ones who opted to stay on the beach - others went back to the ship. He came back and picked us up and we were back to the ship in good time for sailaway.

Highly recommend this trip. It was a fun day and a super value!

It was the best $20 you will ever spend....We opted for Sapphire Beach instead of Coki or Megan's Bay. Email Godfrey and he will email you right back to reserve your space on the safari truck. He met us at ship and had us back in enough time before sail away....You do not pay him until the end of the tour, and my hubby and friends hubby even tipped him as did some others on the tour. I highly recommend him and do not agree that he packs you in like sardines...Jill;)

Last July, we were on the Explorer and did the tours with Godfrey. We were so happy with them, picked us up at the ship, took us shopping, toured the island, never rushed us, dropped us at the beach of our choice, picked us up a couple of hours later and had us back at the ship on time.........

Would use them again in a second. It was great!

Enjoy!

We enjoyed the tour and thought it was worth twice the price. it's a good way to do several things in the day and we were back onboard long before we sailed. If you want to talk be packed in like cattle, join a tour the cruise offers, where a hundred people overwhelm a tourist spot and are then hearded back ont he bus.

Without a doubt, the best tour I have arranged on any of the Caribbean islands. He was so nice and knew so much of the area. I have recommended him to others and I always get the same response. Well worth the money. We also didn't find him cramming people into his bus and agree with Schplinky totally.

Cheers,

DH and I took Godfrey's in Nov. 04. We sailed on Caribbean Princess then. The best tour for $20.00 you can have. Only drawback the food at Sapphire Beach resort is expensive. $20.00 for 2 burgers, 2 small bags of chips, and 2 soft drinks. Other than that, he was wonderful and knows alot about the history of his island.

You will enjoy.

Kelly J

I just booked Godfrey over the past weekend during our stop on the 6-26-2005 Adventure of the Seas sailing. He was very quick to respond to my questions and then just as fast with our instructions for meeting up with him after my commitment. He seems to be very nice, and easy, to deal with.

Did his tour in Sept 04 and he is excellent.

Anything you leave on his bus will be safe as he never leaves the bus. We left everything from purchases to cameras and even wallets with him and nobody had a problem.

Best money you will spend as he picks you up at the pier and drops you off in plenty of time.

He is also funny...

I agree with the above posters. You can't go wrong with Godfrey's tour! It was well worth the $20 each and then some. It was our first time in St. Thomas and I enjoyed the shopping, tour and beach (we did Sapphire). We were able to get a small taste of the island. We were not packed in at all. Go ahead and email him. You won't be sorry:)

Guest cruzr44
Thank you all for your input. I will e-mail Godfrey today to reserve our spot!!

Good choice! I will also say our tour was the best. One of the stops is at the highest point of the island. There are a few small shops and a bar there too. What a view. We went to Coki Beach which I personally found to be just "okay". The aquarium is there which Godfrey will give you a coupon for a couple bucks off admission if that is of interest to you.

The link did not work.

Good thing, because I have NEVER read anything bad about Godfrey.

We booked him for our cruise last year. It was wonderful. Not only were we picked up by Godfrey's brother with a sign that had our name on it, he also adjusted the tour to our wants. My family wanted to see the Synagogue on St. Thomas, so he took us. I wanted more pictures, so he drove around the crowded streets one more time just to accommodate us. Oh, and we were definitely not packed in like cattle.

Best $20.00/pp that we ever spent.

Go ahead and book him with confidence.

He will pack you in like cattle .When a seat built for four he puts five. Check out these reviews. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=1887145

We booked 11/03. Dad couldn't walk around so the shopping was out. Godfrey picked us up at the ship after he had been there twice for those who wanted shopping. Dad loved seeing a sign with his name on it. I've done cruise tours thru this island and Godfrey's was less crowded and personal. We went to Coki beach which may not be as pretty as Megan's beach but the snorkling for fish is the best. Dad couldn't get the mask right but the fish were all around him. They come for the dog bisquits. You can buy them on the beach, as well as, rent chairs and an umbrella. Dad was 79 yrs. old and needed those comforts. I knew alcohol is cheapest at K-Mart and he was willing to drop me off for a quick shop. He actual took the others back to the ship and returned for me. Love Godfrey! Enjoy!

OC PAT

Archived