Need help with room changes??????

SUGARCREEK45

DW and I booked early saver on the Liberty in April. DW's girlfriend is also booked in a different cabin with single supplement. Now I have a friend that wants to go but wants to stay with me and not DW girlfriend. DW and I are ok with this. My question is will DW and I have to pay a fee for changing rooms. Or would it be better for DW and I to just stay in the same room and book my friend withn DW's girlfriend and just switch rooms once on board.

It will be cheaper for the friend if you book your friend in her cabin.

but does YOUR cabin sleep 3 people.?

what type of cabin do you have?

--

you can not down grade- you can move to another cabin that holds 3 people though as long as its the same category or higher.

You might want to reconsider-- 3 adults in one cabin could get very tight

Cousin and I booked ES, found out she couldn't go. To remove her name and add another cost me 200.00

We were booked in Jr suite so when name was changed I wanted to upgraded to a grand suite still had to pay the 200. Not the same but ES can cost you.

Not only will you have to pay but your DW's girl friend will have to as well, if her booking contract even allows for this type of change.

There is also the outside chance that Carnival may make you cancel the entire Early Saver booking dependent on which name appears first on the booking. If it's in your wife's name and she changes cabins the initial booking may be void, causing the need to re-book your original cabin under your name at the current booking rates.

As for your friend being added to your wife's girl friend's cabin then getting additional cabin keys to affect sleeping arrangement changes it might be possible. First are your cabin's and the girlfriend's cabin linked in the reservation system? If they your chances are better and could be as the others are "extended family" members. All 4 of you might be able to go to Guest Services and request/ give permission for the others in the group to have door keys to each cabin. Again they may or may not do this once your aboard, no matter what a phone rep tells you, since you're all adults & possible not related (they do allow for minors w/ their parents in a separate cabin).

This is such a simple fix......no idea why you get so much 'other' information on this board.

Call Carnival, add the person in with the single person. Once on board go to guest services and change whomever is changing cabins. There is no fee to do this and the only money due on the cabin will be the taxes.

I would just add him to your friends cabin if it is ok with them and switch it up once you board.....that would probably be the best result...

This is such a simple fix......no idea why you get so much 'other' information on this board.

Call Carnival, add the person in with the single person. Once on board go to guest services and change whomever is changing cabins. There is no fee to do this and the only money due on the cabin will be the taxes.

Agree with both.

Just add the new person to the solo cabin and after on board everyone goes to Guest Services and switch.

Parents do it all the time with their kids cabins.

DW and I booked early saver on the Liberty in April. DW's girlfriend is also booked in a different cabin with single supplement. Now I have a friend that wants to go but wants to stay with me and not DW girlfriend. DW and I are ok with this. My question is will DW and I have to pay a fee for changing rooms. Or would it be better for DW and I to just stay in the same room and book my friend withn DW's girlfriend and just switch rooms once on board.

The easiest thing to do is to book your friend with DW's friend. Once on board, all meet up at Guest Services and have the key's reconfigured so the people who want to share cabins are assigned so. It takes all of two minutes to do.

posts 3 & 4 do not pertain to this situation. there is no name changes and all parties are still sailing. there is no added fees to add a person nor are there fees to change from a 2 person cabin to a three person cabin.

the cabins must stay in the same category or pay the difference for a higher one

What is the capacity of your cabin? Some will only accommodate up to two.

What is the capacity of your cabin? Some will only accommodate up to two.

right- and if your cabin is only for two people where will this person sleep?

some cabins only have a love seat type sofa-=- not the ones that convert into a bed

Archived