Allure 1-6-13 with pictures

caneguy

Thank you for the great review and pics. We will be on the Allure in 2 weeks. Your pics made up my mind about what I want to do on St. Marten. Thanks. Can't wait to experience it all.

Thanks for the compliment. You will love the airplanes. You can check before you board the ship the flight times for arrivals into Princess Juliana airport on the day you will be in St. Maarten. I think that most of the bigger planes come in around 12-2PM ship time, which gives you plenty of time to get back.

Enjoy the cruise, I know you will.

Great review we were on your sailing too so it was great to relive our cruise through your review. I would also like to use your pictures of Maho beach as ours were no where near as good as yours. I hope that is ok with you

Moira

Great review we were on your sailing too so it was great to relive our cruise through your review. I would also like to use your pictures of Maho beach as ours were no where near as good as yours. I hope that is ok with you

Moira

No problem, use as many as you like. I can also e mail you a file of the pictures. Glad you liked them.

Outstanding review and photos. What are you shooting with?

Thanks so much for your compliment. I have a Nikon D-60 (entry level DSLR at the time of purchase about 4-5 years ago) and I use a 18-200MM Nikkor lens. I love this lens as I never have to change it and have a wide focal length to shot with. I plan on upgrading the camera body to a newer Nikon this year.

What I do not understand is why parents bring their children to see a show about sex, murder, greed and adultry. I would not want to explain to a 12 year old why the man asked "are you sure you husband is not home?" or see very attractive show girls move in very sensual ways.

P1010284_zpse630cd98.jpg

DAY TWO: NASSAU

So we finally made it to Senior Frogs and find out they open at 11 AM, just 90 minutes to pound down some "Yard drinks". SO......... let me say that as someone a little older, I really should not have tried to keep up with my 22 y.o. and 19 y.o. son in the drinking department:) But I had to hang with them as I wanted to make sure they would get back to the ship on time which was 1:30. WE had a very good time at Senior Frogs. The bartenders try as hard as they can to get you toasted in two hours so that you can stagger your way back to a ship (hopefully your ship). One, OK TWO "Yards" free shots poured by the great bartenders (our guy was Fritz) and then just follow the crowd back to the ships!

DSC_0118_zps6b5b60d2.jpg

Senior Frogs

Great pics. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

What I don't understand is why someone who takes their 19 year old son to Senor Frogs to see how many yards and free shots they can pound in 90 minutes would question the parenting decision of someone taking their 12 year old to a PG-13 play. I don't know that I have a problem with either but if forced to let my 12 & 19 year old children go on vacation with one of those parents I would choose the one who takes the 12 year old to a play where the content is no worse than what is on free TV.

Great pics. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

What I don't understand is why someone who takes their 19 year old son to Senor Frogs to see how many yards and free shots they can pound in 90 minutes would question the parenting decision of someone taking their 12 year old to a PG-13 play. I don't know that I have a problem with either but if forced to let my 12 & 19 year old children go on vacation with one of those parents I would choose the one who takes the 12 year old to a play where the content is no worse than what is on free TV.

Hi Mark,

First thanks so much for the compliment on the pics and review. Both boys are in college and if I remember to my times in college, there were a few nights that I did some damage to my liver. We had a good bonding time and unlike taking a young 12 year old who may not have been exposed to such material, I am sure that my sons have gotten drunk. I was also there to make sure they did not get too carried away and got back on the ship. I guess you are correct in that it is a parental choice as what to do with a child. I would not allow my son's when there were 12 to watch violence on TV, play video games that were not PG. There is a time to learn these things...

Just my thoughts....

Thank You for taking the time to write this review. With the grey skys outside its a wonderful way to escape and dream of our vacation on Allure in May.

I love your pics. The dog made me laugh. Our first time on Freedom the kids were 8 and 6 and when I saw the dog, I said "Look someone left thier dog", we all laughed. The only problem is now any time we ever pass the dog on a RCCL they always say "look someone left thier dog." Usally it makes all kind of people around us to look.

Thank You for taking the time to write this review. With the grey skys outside its a wonderful way to escape and dream of our vacation on Allure in May.

I love your pics. The dog made me laugh. Our first time on Freedom the kids were 8 and 6 and when I saw the dog, I said "Look someone left thier dog", we all laughed. The only problem is now any time we ever pass the dog on a RCCL they always say "look someone left thier dog." Usally it makes all kind of people around us to look.

Thanks for the compliment. It is the memories of travel with the kids that always bring a smile. I remember a trip to Yosemite when my youngest son was only 2. He saw snow for the first time, us living in south Florida, looked up to the sky and then ran into our cabin and yelled to my wife 'Mommy it's raining milk". Still laugh out loud when I think of that one...

Thank you. I enjoy reading your review and looking at the wonderful photos.

Do you have photos of the boardwalk balconies?

I hope you will continue your postings, and still waiting for the menus... :)

Michael

DAY THREE CONTINUED: ... ...

TONIGHTS MENU

I took these pics off the LED display that is all over the ship... ... I will post all of the pics of the MDR menu's at one time ... ...

Michael

Sorry, I did not take any special Boardwalk balconies expect in a general picture. I will try and post some more menus.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics and review. I am reading Sheri's review "Drama Queen goes Big" and it is a wonderful review

Michael

I just got off the Allure today. It was a great trip and the Allure is beautiful!!! My sister stayed in a boardwalk balcony. The rooms are great and they had a nice view of the Boardwalk and the Aqua theatre. I believe we have some photos and I will attach some as soon as I figure out how!

Michael

Hi Anandaindonesia,

I have this pic of the row of Boardwalk Balconies taken at night

DSC_0138_zps4782ccc8.jpg

Hello All,

I am going again on the Allure for the Valentines cruise. If there are any pictures you would like me to take please post them and I will do my best to get them and post them when I return.

Thank you for the offer. You are very kind.

Thanks for the boardwalk photo and the menu.

Happy Valentine! Enjoy your cruise!

Michael

Edited by anandaindonesia