1st Time Cruiser: Epic

jinxyoz

Hi Everyone

I have read lots of reviews and quite a lot of the threads and gained some fantastic info.

I am in the process of booking a 7 night cruise on the Epic in July out of Rome. It is the only cruise that suits our dates of already booked travel, so just happy to be experiencing something new for a change.

Just a few questions....

I am eligible for a free upgrade to a different B deck (we are picking a balcony room) Can someone advise if there is a certain cabin number I should select...we obviously want the balcony to look at the ocean, as opposed to other things I've read here, and would prefer more space around the bed. Anything anyone can suggest would be appreciated.

Is it ok to use comparison sites to get a better deal? Troubles anyone has faced? As being based in Australia, the Aussie website prices are a lot more than booking via a US agency etc... Just want to ensure this is the best thing to do or should I book via Norwegian's website for a fraction more?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Everyone

I have read lots of reviews and quite a lot of the threads and gained some fantastic info.

I am in the process of booking a 7 night cruise on the Epic in July out of Rome. It is the only cruise that suits our dates of already booked travel, so just happy to be experiencing something new for a change.

Just a few questions....

I am eligible for a free upgrade to a different B deck (we are picking a balcony room) Can someone advise if there is a certain cabin number I should select...we obviously want the balcony to look at the ocean, as opposed to other things I've read here, and would prefer more space around the bed. Anything anyone can suggest would be appreciated.

Is it ok to use comparison sites to get a better deal? Troubles anyone has faced? As being based in Australia, the Aussie website prices are a lot more than booking via a US agency etc... Just want to ensure this is the best thing to do or should I book via Norwegian's website for a fraction more?

Welcome to cruise critic! Search sdmike. He has a thread in his signature that details the balcony cabins.

You can book with NCL directly and then, if you like, transfer the booking to a travel agent for lower price - or - more usually the same price but extra OBC, wine bottle(s) etc.

We are not allowed to give recommendations (names) for TAs but there is a list of agencies on Cruise Critic that you could check for offers, starting from the first one. :)

Try to get a balcony on the starboard side of the ship (the right side if you are facing the bow)... the views as you travel along the Mediterranean coast are fantastic!

I missed that one when booking, but thanks to my good luck I got it right anyway! Thanks for the heads up!

Hello and welcome to 'Cruise Obsessed'.

I would favour the starboard balconies, I think they are B6, the number would be Deck+079 and 081, e.g. 10079. They have a large balcony and are on the forward hump. Further back hump would be good too, check the deck plans on NCL or your travel agent site. Ken

Archived