Atmosphere on 3-4 night cruises?

pakarinen

We were on a 3-day Bahamas cruise on the Reflection in December, and it was definitely a more lively vibe than is normally found on Celebrity. The bars were always busy, people seemed to stay up later, and it seemed like a lot more people had drink packages. That being said, it did not at all feel like a booze cruise--we didn't see anyone acting inappropriately or so drunk that it affected others. We actually liked the feel of this cruise so much that we booked a 4-night on the Constellation next year hoping for a similar experience.

Never having been on one of the shorter cruises, I can't speak from personal experience; however, a Celebrity officer once told us shorter cruises tend to be much harder on ships and staff/crew not only because of the higher frequency of turn around time but also because pax on shorter itineraries seem to work especially hard at squeezing a good time into just a few days.

You never quite know what it will be like. Just returned froma 5 night that was certainly not a booze cruise. Just like a 7 day, only 2 days shorter. I've been on other short cruise where the people where loud and rude. Really depends on the passenger mix.

I did a B2B2B on Millie last Feb, two fives and a four on the end. I was told by the most traveled cruiser that I would notice a difference in the atmosphere on the shortest cruise. And he was right. The fives were much like any other X cruise, but on the four...Well, I was not accustomed to seeing hairy men in shorts and wife beater t-shirts walking around in the evening...Although they weren't rowdy. EM

Archived