U.K. Based Passengers say Hello !

Gay-Cruise-Holiday-UK

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my partner are going on P&O Aurora October 12th to the Caribbean.... :)

My ex is on the Royal Caribbean (Adventure of the sea) at the moment, sailing to Malaga.. A ship full of kids is not my idea of a holiday cruising the med.. :(

Sent from ZiB's iPad

Hi as a u.k. based cruiser, i just wanted to say hello and ask where people are cruising to this year and are you going with your partner or by your self or with Friends.... cheers jay.

Welcome to CC!

We are spoiled living on the west coast US and can go to Mexican Riviera, Hawaii, or Alaska without paying for air fare to other, more long-distance ports.

So the boyfriend and I are doing Alaska this month, and Mexico/Mexican Riviera next year. We always try to put together a small group, and really enjoy cruising with a group of our gay friends.

Want to throw in a Panama Canal and transAtlantic one of these days.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi as a u.k. based cruiser, i just wanted to say hello and ask where people are cruising to this year and are you going with your partner or by your self or with Friends.... cheers jay.

My partner and I will be joining the Celebrity Equinox on the 25th November Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale!

Hey, we've done a few Thomson too, always enjoyed them! Perhaps it's time for another one......

Sure would. There are usually 1 or 2 other couples on board or just chat with the crew!!!

Tho I feel like the poor relation booking a Thomsons cruise when it seems everyone else is going on the big boats with the big companies!!

We're still searching for the elusive "pink pound"

Sure would. There are usually 1 or 2 other couples on board or just chat with the crew!!!

Tho I feel like the poor relation booking a Thomsons cruise when it seems everyone else is going on the big boats with the big companies!!

We're still searching for the elusive "pink pound"

Don't worry about it, we have had better food, def better service and even better entertainment on Thomson compared to most 'big' companies we have sailed with! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

London Couple here, 27 + 34, on our first cruise in October this year, Celebrity Eclipse from Southampton to Azores/Canaries.

Would be good to meet some more family aboard, especially if they can share some cruise tips!

Hi Jay,

We've just come back from a cruise around the Med on the Celebrity Equinox. We enjoyed it so much, we booked to go on her sister ship, the Eclipse, at Easter 2014 for a Trans Atlantic crossing, Fort Lauderdale to Southampton.

By booking on the ship, we get $200 on board credit (plus one other deal to be determined later) and by booking through Pied Piper, the group rate they get made the cabin about $200 cheaper as well.

All in all, not a bad deal.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't worry about it, we have had better food, def better service and even better entertainment on Thomson compared to most 'big' companies we have sailed with! :D

We had to cancel our cruise. My dad was given weeks to live so we just had to cancel. But sadly he passed away 10 days after we cancelled. Now hoping the insurance will pay out the 70% we lost!

We had to cancel our cruise. My dad was given weeks to live so we just had to cancel. But sadly he passed away 10 days after we cancelled. Now hoping the insurance will pay out the 70% we lost!

So sorry to hear your sad news let's hope you don't loose out & can cruise again soon. I'm sure your dad would have wanted that. Take care.x

Hi Colin & Len here.

We are on Seabourn Pride 25 days on 11 December Fort Lauderdale to Aruba. Anyone else?

I did post early in this thread but thought I would add now that I have just booked a 4-night Fred Olsen Black Watch cruise to Rouen and Zeebrugge from Dover on 6th December. They are offering very good deals if anyone fancies a quick break before Christmas!

I did post early in this thread but thought I would add now that I have just booked a 4-night Fred Olsen Black Watch cruise to Rouen and Zeebrugge from Dover on 6th December. They are offering very good deals if anyone fancies a quick break before Christmas!

Yes there are good deals on these cruises! But what are fred olsen like for fun loving gays? Lol......the other half not keen especially after seeing that 'fly on Friday the wall' programme on bbc recently! Your views appreciated. ;)

I have just seen another price reduction on p&o Azura Caribbean Transatlantic 14 nights November 1st, so have gone a head and treated my self and my first Transatlantic cruise too. hope i get a smooth ride... ! hehe

P&O any one know if they have ever tried a f.o.d ?

cheers jay.

I have just seen another price reduction on p&o Azura Caribbean Transatlantic 14 nights November 1st, so have gone a head and treated my self and my first Transatlantic cruise too. hope i get a smooth ride... ! hehe

P&O any one know if they have ever tried a f.o.d ?

cheers jay.

Yeah what a price eh? Never seen it so low! Cheaper than staying at home!? P & O have been known to do fod, but usually you have to ask cruise director.

Yes there are good deals on these cruises! But what are fred olsen like for fun loving gays? Lol......the other half not keen especially after seeing that 'fly on Friday the wall' programme on bbc recently! Your views appreciated. ;)

Hi there - been away for 10 days, so only just seen your post! Fred is definitely a much 'gentler' experience than many other lines, with a bit of a higher age range. I have only done one short Fred Cruise before but am very happy to be doing another. The shorter cruises, like for other lines, do tend to attract a younger crowd though I think. I was with my partner on the last Fred 'long-weekender' we did and another 2 friends, also a gay couple, joined us. There was certainly no hint or feeling of homophobia though. I took the BBC documentary with a pinch of salt though. It was after all a World Cruise and under 55s are in short supply on those, whichever line :).

I am only early fifties but like quite a traditional cruise experience. I won't miss a late-night disco pumping out a heavy base-beat :)

Feel free to ask any other 'Fred' questions.

Insurance paid out in full -Boost!

Have booked rcl adventure of seas 8th May out of Southampton. Can't wait!!

G & A x

Shouldn't you be enjoying yourself on a cruise just now, instead of posting on here? :D

Shouldn't you be enjoying yourself on a cruise just now, instead of posting on here? :D

Yes we should of been on The Dream but we had to cancel due to ill-health of my dad (see earlier posts) hence the insurance payout.

We are grateful that we didn't lose our money. However I do feel bad that we've booked a new cruise & that we are both looking forward to it when my dad is no longer with us. (Mum & Dad were booked to cruise with us this week too)

Archived