Allure Luggage Valet

3some

We just completed our wonderful week on the Allure and used the new Luggage Valet service. Since we were in a suite (Crown Loft :D amazing), the $20 charge per person was supposed to be waived. Also, on the form that you fill out, you can identify if you are flying first class, an elite frequent flyer member or credit card holder who is not charged for baggage.

On the last night, I checked my account on the interactive tv and it showed that the luggage valet charge had been added to our account. It also showed that the 20% Diamond coupon for internet packages had not been applied. I decided to wait until getting the final bill before calling Guest Services. I didn't get a paper statement on my door in morning, so I went first to the Concierge Lounge and the CL host printed out my statement. It showed that the LV charge was reversed, but they had added $85 for baggage fees. The internet coupon had not been applied. CL host fixed the internet, but said that it was the airline who charged the baggage. I called the airline and they had no knowledge of the baggage fees, so I went to Guest Services and showed them my boarding pass, with my elite status. The GS person disappeared for about 10 minutes, but when she returned, she had a new copy of my statement with the charges removed.

Walking off the ship without bags - Good

Having to wait until after 8am to leave the ship - Not so good. At 8, customs was so backed up, they closed the gangway for an HOUR! We couldn't leave the ship until after 9 and then it was 9:40 when we finally got through customs. The package that they give you with boarding pass and luggage tags states that you cannot leave the ship until after 8, but I don't know how they monitor this. I think we could have departed the ship with the early self departure group.

The airline baggage tags they gave us did not have our status noted, but when we arrived at PIT, they had been changed to priority luggage tags. I don't know if this happened by the ship or by the airline.

I wouldn't use the Luggage Valet again if I had to pay for it. I'm not sure I'd even use it for free if it means I have to spend my time following up with inappropriate charges.

We have used the LV several times. The last time on the Allure in Dec. We paid the $20.00 pp. Left the ship shortly before 8 a.m. Through customs in about 20 minutes. They do change the luggage tag from the ones you put on the night you put your luggage out. We have never had a problem and will be using it again in Dec. We didn't have to pay for luggage since we were flying with SW. Sorry for your issues.

We used Luggage Valet when we disembarked the Freedom earlier this month. Luggage Valet was also complimentary for us even though we did not stay in a suite. We also are allowed 2 checked bags for free.

We encountered the same charges on our SeaPass Account so I went down to GR to inquire. Because of the checks and balance system, the charges have to be applied before they can be taken off. Ours were applied on Saturday evening and then were taken off the new copy of our SeaPass Account that we received Sunday morning.

The luggage tags that we received with our boarding passes were replaced by the Airlines with official tags that show your final destination along with priority. They were able to check in for us earlier than the 24 hours check in time that the airline requires.

We were told that because we used Luggage Valet, there was no set time for us to disembark the ship. If we wanted to be the last to get off, we could do so, since our flight did not leave until 4:15.

We have used Luggage Valet on several cruises and love it. Can you please tell me what time your Departing flight has to be to be eligible for LV? I have searched RCCL Homepage and cannot find the answer to this. I want to book a return flight for 11:30, but can't remember the what time your return flight must be. Thank you for your help!

I'm glad others have had good experiences with LV on Allure. It's a great idea. I just wanted to warn others to keep track of the charges if they use it, especially the luggage fees if they are excluded from paying them by the airline.

Archived