Wonderful Copenhagen

The Square actually has a good location but has a Metro construction on the front of the hotel and also a high rise construction at the back.

But according to the reviews on Tripadvisor it doesn´t seem to bother anyone.

Its located next to Tivoli and the central station (with train from the airport) and Nationalmuseet is located very close to.

Glyptoteket is located just behind Tivoli and is worth the visit.

Christiania is easily reached with bus 9A from the central station, just take the bus towards Operaen (the opera)

Get off at Bodenhoffs Plads and the entrance will be 250 metres away.

The Town Hall Square and Nyhavn is located on each end of the Strøget pedestrian/shopping street so its very walkable.

Thanks, Danish Viking! I googled the Glyptoteket and it looks very interesting. Good advice!

Here is a quote from wikipedia

"The French Collection includes works by painters such as Jacques-Louis David, Monet, Pissarro, Renoir, Degas and Cézanne, as well as those by Post-impressionists such as van Gogh, Toulouse-Lautrec and Bonnard. The museum's collection of Rodin sculptures is considered the most important collection of Rodin's sculptures outside France. The museum's collection also includes all the bronze sculptures of Degas, including the series of dancers. Numerous works by Norwegian-Danish sculptor Stephan Sinding are featured prominently in various sections of the museum."

And

"The European Collection comprises works from the 18th to the 20th century. Represented sculptors include Neoclassicists such as Canova, Sergel, Carstens, Flaxman, Rauch and Baily, as well as Modernists like Meunier, Klinger, Picasso and Giacometti.

The collection also comprises a small collection of Modern paintings of artists such as Arp, Ernst, Miró, Poliakoff and Gilioli."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ny_Carlsberg_Glyptotek

The winter/palm garden is very beautiful.

Viking....what would you recommend for what I call "brain dead day" - the few hours we usually go our touring a city after the transatlantic flight and a short nap after hotel check in? Something that two sleep deprived zombies could enjoy that doesn't take a lot of energy that can be done in early evening. Would Tivoli fit the bill - or does it need more time (and energy)? Staying at Clarion Mayfair.

Thanks in advance.

I actually think that Tivoli fits the bill, there are many benches for people watching and many stalls where you can win a price or throw balls after some dishes and plates.:D

But if it's a Friday then its perhaps not a good idea because there is the Fredagsrock concerts, its not actually rock but more like pop and Rap/hiphop with a few rock bands thrown in.

But the bottom line is that it will get crowded and hectic from around 20:00 in the evening but when the concert starts at 22:00 the rest of the park will get rather empty.

I actually think that Tivoli fits the bill, there are many benches for people watching and many stalls where you can win a price or throw balls after some dishes and plates.:D

But if it's a Friday then its perhaps not a good idea because there is the Fredagsrock concerts, its not actually rock but more like pop and Rap/hiphop with a few rock bands thrown in.

But the bottom line is that it will get crowded and hectic from around 20:00 in the evening but when the concert starts at 22:00 the rest of the park will get rather empty.

Thanks Viking...I think we'll gut it out - it would be a Thursday and the alternative would be for saving it for Friday night. YOU ROCK!

Thanks, Marigold. As I read in your response, breakfast AND a light dinner are included in the room price? Is this for all rooms? What time of year did you stay there? Did you have any problem with cleanliness of the room/bathroom?

We stayed there two days prior and two days post Baltic Cruise June 2012. I'm pretty sure all rooms got the breakfast and light dinner included. The rooms are small, but clean and the staff very efficient. The WiFi was great and you can print your boarding pass with the computers in the lobby. They are part of the Choice Hotel network so you can book through that website but you don't get US points for your stay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Just a quick info to anyone concidering booking Radisson Blu Scandinavia.

Apparently a major reconstruction that will add 10 new floors and a new facade will begin in June and last atleast one year.

Also the Tivoli hotel (wil affect next door Wake Up Hotel) and the Cab-Inn Metro will begin to expand this year if anyone wants to avoid hotels in a construction mess.

On a positive node, the the Wake Up hotel in Borgergade should be ready as planned this summer.

Also the 5 star Hotel D'Angleterre is after some starting trouble up and running after 2 years of construction.

Not all rooms are finished but as I understand it doesn't show.

@ I-cruiser

I will get back to you later.

What do you think about the Radisson Blu Royal? Is that a good location free of construction. We are just starting our investigation for a place to stay for two nights following a cruise. We would like to be fairly close to Tivoli and would like something very nice but don't need the best or most expensive.

I sincerely appreciate any recommendations you may have.

Thank you,

Kathy

Hi Danish Viking

We are 2 Australian ladies who will be staying overnight in Copenhagen between cruises at the end of May. Can you please recommend somewhere to stay where it would be easy for us to get our cases to and from the cruise ship.

Thanks for your help.

Although I am not the Danish Viking I have booked my stay at http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/index.php/en/. It is right on the NYHAVN and you can get bus 26 bus or hop on hop off bus to hotel. Although not a posh hotel, I like what it had to offer and great reviews. Prices are pretty good too. I have booked the 2nd floor corner room with balcony on the water.

What do you think about the Radisson Blu Royal? Is that a good location free of construction. We are just starting our investigation for a place to stay for two nights following a cruise. We would like to be fairly close to Tivoli and would like something very nice but don't need the best or most expensive.

I sincerely appreciate any recommendations you may have.

Thank you,

Kathy

Maybe I have exaggerated the construction issue because almost no reviews on tripadvisor mentions any construction issue when I look at 2 most affected hotels (The Square and d'Angleterre).

But I can honestly say that Radisson Royal isn't affected at all.

The nearest construction site (Scala highrises) is 2 blocks away so its only visually.

But But But the Radisson Scandinavia will go from 85 to 130 metres in hight and a they get a new facade so I can only imagine that it will disturb alot during construction.

This should however first begin in June.

The other hotels I mentioned earlier in this thread doesn't seem to be so affected as I thought they would be so I'm sorry if I made to much trouble out of it.:rolleyes:

We're arriving in Copenhagen Harbour, Freeport Terminal on May2nd (RCCL LegendOS) and I need to plan for our transfers from the port to our hotel (Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair). It's just my husband and myself, and I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $$$ to pre-reserve a taxi or not.

Looking for recommendations based on your experience, what would you suggest?

Thanks!

Debby

I posted a reply in your other thread.

Copenhagen Admiral, Mayfair, Bertrams Guldsmeden, Andersen Hotel, Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, Adina Apartment Hotels and Tivoli Hotel are all in the same price range and is rated good by the users on tripadvisor.

I live in town so i have no experience with the hotels so i trust the reviewers on tripadvisor as i do when visiting Berlin, London etc.

The hotel prices are a little bit steep because the Eurovision Song Contest is in town, 5.000 delegates from all of Europe plus probably the same amount in audience will surely take its share of the hotel rooms, there is around 15.000 hotel rooms in Copenmhagen so you can imagine that the number of hotel rooms is limited if we take the cruise guests and other visitors into concideration.

Edited by Danish viking

We're arriving in Copenhagen Harbour, Freeport Terminal on May2nd (RCCL LegendOS) and I need to plan for our transfers from the port to our hotel (Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair). It's just my husband and myself, and I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $$$ to pre-reserve a taxi or not.

Looking for recommendations based on your experience, what would you suggest?

Thanks!

Debby

Hi Debbie,

We are on the same cruise on Legend (and continue on to the Fjords and Scan Russia). Legend docks at the new cruise terminal, C330. The information on the RCI website is incorrect.

Danish Viking can help you with the rest of your questions.

Bill

Maybe I have exaggerated the construction issue because almost no reviews on tripadvisor mentions any construction issue when I look at 2 most affected hotels (The Square and d'Angleterre).

But I can honestly say that Radisson Royal isn't affected at all.

The nearest construction site (Scala highrises) is 2 blocks away so its only visually.

But But But the Radisson Scandinavia will go from 85 to 130 metres in hight and a they get a new facade so I can only imagine that it will disturb alot during construction.

This should however first begin in June.

The other hotels I mentioned earlier in this thread doesn't seem to be so affected as I thought they would be so I'm sorry if I made to much trouble out of it.:rolleyes:

You did not make too much of it. I was curious however if the Radisson Blu Royal was affected. My objective is to be as close to Tivoli as possible so we can easily walk there at night.

Thanks for your input!

DV:

Firstly.... thank you for all that you do! :)

Q. Approximately how much time would it take for "airport to Pier C330" on a Friday afternoon using public transport (not taxi)? I'm looking to book a flight (from Brussels) with a 12:00pm arrival on Friday, May 23, 2014 for Eurodam sailing.

There is 2 busses every hour to UNICEF (the bus stop closest to pier C330)

But they run uneven so they have 20 minutes between the 2 departures and then 40 minutes to the next.

That is because the 3rd departure goes to something called Færgehavn Nord, it is possible to take this one but it requires a 10 minute walk.

The trip takes around 40 minutes in total and there are 2 choices.

One is to take metro line M2 towards Vanløse and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

It runs every 5th minute and the trip takes around 10-15 minutes.

From here Bus 26 will departure on 19 and 59 past the hour.

There is another option to take the Øresund Train towards Helsingør (yes its Hamlets Elsinore) or Nivå.

The train runs every 10th minute.

From here you get bus 26 to Unicef.

I will provide the timetable in another post because I write from my phone and has to look it up. :D

Bus 26 will go from Østerport at 28 and 48 past the hour, remember that the 08 departure requires a 10 minute walk.

This trip only takes 18 minute compared to 27 from Kongens Nytorv.

The trip with the train takes 25 minutes so its 10 minutes longer but more comfortable than the metro.

Although I am not the Danish Viking I have booked my stay at http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/index.php/en/. It is right on the NYHAVN and you can get bus 26 bus or hop on hop off bus to hotel. Although not a posh hotel, I like what it had to offer and great reviews. Prices are pretty good too. I have booked the 2nd floor corner room with balcony on the water.

Does anyone else have any information on the Hotel Bethel. It looks very basic but clean and is certainly in a great spot and inexpensive. Looks suitable for a pre-cruise overnight.

I was wondering what is the closest place to rent a bike after getting off the Brilliance of Seas cruise ship. We wish to tour the city by bike. I have read that this a great way to get around. Is there bike parking at all the tourist spots? (Castles, Churches, City Hall.....) Any pointers for touring your city on a bike?

I was wondering what is the closest place to rent a bike after getting off the Brilliance of Seas cruise ship. We wish to tour the city by bike. I have read that this a great way to get around. Is there bike parking at all the tourist spots? (Castles, Churches, City Hall.....) Any pointers for touring your city on a bike?

http://rentabikeincopenhagen.com/

http://www.rentabikecopenhagen.dk/

DV:

Firstly.... thank you for all that you do! :)

Q. Approximately how much time would it take for "airport to Pier C330" on a Friday afternoon using public transport (not taxi)? I'm looking to book a flight (from Brussels) with a 12:00pm arrival on Friday, May 23, 2014 for Eurodam sailing.

In am on my computer know and can therefore do a proper answer.

The metro departs every 6th minute (not 5th as posted before)

The trip takes 13 minutes

Its probably to optimistic to reach the 12:17 or 12:23 departures (in order to get the 12:39 bus from Kongens Nytorv)

The last metro you should get in order to reach the 13:19 departure from Kongens Nytorv is the one that goes at 12:59 and is at Kongens Nytorv 13:12 so you have 7 minutes to find the bus stop.

Timetable from Kongens Nytorv towards UNICEF, its the departures marked with a C

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000001357

The located of the bus stop, its the one marked "26 Færgehavn Nord, Langelinie"

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Kongens%20Nytorv.pdf

And the other option.

Take the 12:42 or 12:54 departure in order to reach the 13:30 departure from Østerport station, Sløjfen.

The timetable from here, as the other timetable only use the C departures.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000030585

The terminal map of Østerport, the timetable i have posted is from Sløjfen and that is the one where it says 20 M under the sign.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

You can also get it from Folke Bernadottes Allé but it is just a bus stop at the side of the road where Sløjfen is more manageable.

I don´t know the English word for this kind of bus stop but you can see it on this map.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?q=%C3%B8sterport+station,+sl%C3%B8jfen&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.693691,12.591555&spn=0.000492,0.001206&sll=55.446756,12.166495&sspn=0.253527,0.617294&t=h&hnear=%C3%98sterport+st,+Sl%C3%B8jfen+(bus)&z=20

And finally the location of the UNICEF bus stop.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?q=Unicef+F%C3%A6rgehavn+Nord,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.713514,12.622089&spn=0.007869,0.01929&sll=55.693735,12.591327&sspn=0.000492,0.001206&oq=unicef&t=h&hnear=Unicef+F%C3%A6rgehavn+Nord&z=16

I am just looking around on tripadvisor for hotels that are good rated in the Sleeping Quality rating and hotels i found are.

Charlottehaven 4,5

Nimb 4,5

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers 4,5

Hotel D´Angleterre 4,5

Andersen Hotel 4

Adina Apartment Hotels 4,5

Sømandshjemmet Bethel 4

Stay 4,5

Bertrams Guldsmeden 4

Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair 4

Bella Sky Comwell 4,5

Tivoli Hotel 4

Axel Gulsmeden 4

Admiral Hotel 4

Best western Hotel City 4

Marriott 4,5

Radisson Blu Royal 4

Best Western Hotel Hebron 4

Carlton Guldsmeden 4

Hotel Alexandra 4

Savoy 4

Palace Hotel 4

Wake Up 4

Copenhagen Island 4

Hotel Kong Arthur 4

Copenhagen Strand 4

Clarion Collection Hotel Neptun 3,5

Radisson Blu Scandinavia 4

Hotel Sankt Petri 4

Hotel Christian IV 3,5

Hotel Tiffany 4

So except a few hotels then all the top 31 hotels are rated 4 or more in sleeping quality.

So there is other factors like location etc.