Wonderful Copenhagen

Danish Viking,

I will be in Copenhagen in July and decided to take a Food Tour. The meeting point as stated on their website is Torvehallerne, Outside Main Entrance Hall 2, Frederiksborggade 21, 1 minute's walk from Nørreport Station/Metro.

I believe the Brilliance of the Seas will be docked at C190 Langelinie based on their same stop in July 2013.

We arrive at 7:00 AM and do not need to meet our tour group until 10:00 AM. Is walking a possibility? If it's too far, I thought about walking to the Nyhavn area and taking a taxi from there? I'm just not sure I want to attempt and navigate a metro.

Thank you for all your Copenhagen assistance!

The metro stop at Kongens Nytorv (next to Nyhavn) is just one stop away from Nørreport station.

Just take the metro towards Vanløse.

If you follow the harbour from Langelinie you will end up at Nyhavn, its an easy 30 minute walk.

Are taxis readily available in Nyhavn? I'm thinking this may be easier than trying to navigate the metro.

Yes there are many taxis but there is nothing no navigate.

Until 2018 there is only one platform at Kongens Nytorv metro station.

Just buy a single ticket in the ticket machine (2 zone ticket, 24 DKK) and atthe platform just choose either M1 or M2 towards Vanløse.

The next stop on the line is Nørreport, just use the opposite exit than the ones for the S-train and Long distance platforms and you will be at Israels Plads and Torvehallerne.

A taxi for this trip will probably be 80-100 DKK.

Yes there are many taxis but there is nothing no navigate.

Until 2018 there is only one platform at Kongens Nytorv metro station.

Just buy a single ticket in the ticket machine (2 zone ticket, 24 DKK) and atthe platform just choose either M1 or M2 towards Vanløse.

The next stop on the line is Nørreport, just use the opposite exit than the ones for the S-train and Long distance platforms and you will be at Israels Plads and Torvehallerne.

A taxi for this trip will probably be 80-100 DKK.

That sounds easy...let's hope I can do it!

Dear Danish Viking,

Happy Holidays!

We will be arriving for a port of call stop at the new pier at Nor Haven in May. What is the best way to get to the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel from the pier?

What would a taxi cost?

Thank you, RP :)

Any answers to the above question?

Princess Sailor

It depends on what day it is.

If it is a weekend or public holiday then take a taxi, because for now there is not announced any shuttle services to the new pier.

If it is a regular weekday (monday to friday) then there is 2 options.

Take bus 26 from the cruise terminal towards Ålholms Plads, departure times are XX:14 and XX:54

At Kongens Nytorv you change to the metro line M1 towards Vestamager.

Get off at Islands Brygge station, from here there are 450 metres on foot to the hotel.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Islands+Brygge+st+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Radisson+Blu+Scandinavia+Hotel,+Amager+Boulevard,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.284908,11.710779&sspn=2.03351,4.938354&geocode=FT5bUQMdAQnAAClBW37XQ1NSRjEMIZfStZ9UaQ%3BFR9qUQMdbgzAACHqLsO4B6ELPSm92BwVQFNSRjHqLsO4B6ELPQ&oq=radisson+&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=16

Or the other choice

Take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Rådhuspladsen (Town Hall Square)

Here is a map of the bus stops at Rådhuspladsen, look for 26 (Valby, Ålholm Plads) and 5A (Københavns Lufthavn)

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/r%C3%A5dhuspladsen_dag.pdf

Then take bus 5A towards Sundbyvester Plads/Lufthavnen and get off at Ørestads Boulevard just next to the hotel.

The price for these trip is 24 DKK (2 zone ticket)

Edited by Danish viking

We're thinking of arriving CPH and going diirectly to Malmo for our precruise overnight. Then back to Copenhagen to board a HAL ship at Freeport. It appears to be easy to take the train from CPH directly to the central station in Malmo. When returning to Copenhagen, do we need to take a train to the Copenhage Central Station and then a taxi to the Freeport Terminal?

Hi Danish Viking

Thank you for all the wonderful advice in this thread. I have made my way through a lot of it, but in case I missed it somewhere along the line, what is the most cost-effective way to get from C190 Langelinie to the center of town on a Saturday? Bus #26 looks a great option, but this does not run over a weekend. There is a HOHO boat that stops near The Little Mermaid but as the first boat arrives a good hour or two after we dock, we are looking at other options.

Our plan (there will be 4 of us) is to get to the town hall by car/bus/boat, walk to Nyhavn, taking in all the sights along the way, do a canal tour and then make our way back on foot to the ship. Is this all possible between the hours the ship will be in port from 08h00 to 17h00?

We are so looking forward to visiting your beautiful city in May. :)

This is my first posting by the way!

Sunfusion-

We were in Copenhagen in July (second visit) and docked at Langelinie. We walked from the ship past the Little Mermaid, Amalienborg Palace and other sights to Nyhavn. From there you can continue on to the town hall or walk the Stroget for some shopping. It's not a bad walk at all. We took the HOHO canal boat back to the Little Mermaid later in the day and finished up with a walk through the Kastellet, very quiet and restful after a long day.

Hi Danish Viking!!!

<<<Karen>>>

Thanks so much for your advice; much appreciated. I like your idea of turning the trip around so that we start with the walk into downtown Copenhagen and then taking the HOHO canal boat back to The Little Mermaid in the afternoon. Decision made!

We are so looking forward to our cruise to the Baltics in May.

Hi Danish Viking

Thank you for all the wonderful advice in this thread. I have made my way through a lot of it, but in case I missed it somewhere along the line, what is the most cost-effective way to get from C190 Langelinie to the center of town on a Saturday? Bus #26 looks a great option, but this does not run over a weekend. There is a HOHO boat that stops near The Little Mermaid but as the first boat arrives a good hour or two after we dock, we are looking at other options.

Our plan (there will be 4 of us) is to get to the town hall by car/bus/boat, walk to Nyhavn, taking in all the sights along the way, do a canal tour and then make our way back on foot to the ship. Is this all possible between the hours the ship will be in port from 08h00 to 17h00?

We are so looking forward to visiting your beautiful city in May. :)

This is my first posting by the way!

Your plan looks good, but i think that you have plenty of spare time.

Do remember that its only the freeport and cruise terminal that is not served by the bus in the weekend.

Langelinie is always served by bus 26.

Funny enough I'm finding it more exiting when there is more activity in "my" thread.

All 1200 pages has been created during 1 year, that's somewere around 4 posts a day with me making around 1 or 2 of them.

Usually I collect a few days questions (if there are any) and handle them in one take and that is probably 20-30 minutes every second or third day.

Most questions I know the answer of so it reduces my "working" time.

But sometimes I need to investigate it further in order to give a good answer and I actually find it funny to dig up answers.

I have also had questions about if I worked for the Visit Copenhagen tourist office but in that case I need a serious pay check.

You're still here! Thought I'd come back and see if you were still helping other cruisers since our Baltic Cruise and Copenhagen visit back in 5-21-13. We spent 4 days in Copenhagen in front of the cruise. You provided many answers to questions to others, and us that helped us do some very good planning for our 4 days. Very Impressive and thanks for all the answers. It made our trip and stay in your wonderful city more than satisfying.

Here is our link to some pics of Copenhagen in May 2013:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=07AFC87CDF2F6DCA&sc=photos#cid=07AFC87CDF2F6DCA&id=7AFC87CDF2F6DCA%215609&sc=photos

Edited by RAJKR74

You're still here! Thought I'd come back and see if you were still helping other cruisers since our Baltic Cruise and Copenhagen visit back in 5-21-13. We spent 4 days in Copenhagen in front of the cruise. You provided many answers to questions to others, and us that helped us do some very good planning for our 4 days. Very Impressive and thanks for all the answers. It made our trip and stay in your wonderful city more than satisfying.

Here is our link to some pics of Copenhagen in May 2013:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=07AFC87CDF2F6DCA&sc=photos#cid=07AFC87CDF2F6DCA&id=7AFC87CDF2F6DCA%215609&sc=photos

Love your pictures! My husband is a Canon man! Do you have a written review of your trip? If not, would you list the places you went? Were the last photos of the "Hamlet" castle?

Love your pictures! My husband is a Canon man! Do you have a written review of your trip? If not, would you list the places you went? Were the last photos of the "Hamlet" castle?

Most of the shots are with a Nikon D7000 and taken by my wife. Sorry, we did not do a written review. My wife is out of town until Wed. and she has the itinerary in the computer some where that I don't know...??? lol :confused: I will be happy to get it to you later in the week. Are you doing the Baltic cruise also?

If you are spending some time in Copenhagen do look at the Copenhagen Card, link:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Copenhagen/Copenhagen-Card/d463-3224CARD?pref=02&aid=g3564

It was worth the money and easy to just present that card at the sites rather than figure out the needed money or credit card. We actually made(saved) some money by using it.

This time in Copenhagen and the Baltic Cruise turned out to be one of our best trips. Joyce did a lot of the planning and I don't think we had any problems other than forgetting to put in our rain gear when we took the train from Copenhagen to an outdoor museum....boy did we get soaked, and our backpack umbrellas just did not keep the rain off!

The last shots were of Frederiksborg Slot at Hillerod. We took the train out and half way there got off and did the open air museum. It was a small walk of about a mile. Walked back (in wet clothes) and took the train to Hillerod. Short walk to the castle from the train station. If I remember correctly it was about an hour train trip total.

I have tentatively decided on one of these two hotels, any suggestions would be wonderful! The Marriott Copenhagen is, I think, closer to Tivoli as Hotel Bethel is on Nyhaven by the canal. Price wise I can get them for about the same price, we are booked for the highest corner room at the Hotel Bethel and a city view double room at the Marriott. Is this hotel any where near all the construction? and pro's or cons to either one? thanks:D

I have read all of your good questions and will return with a proper answer.

I will have to check out the pictures tonight as well.

I have newer though about combining the outdoor museum with Rosenborg.

Both attractions is located on the B and E line towards Hillerød so its easy to do

I have a question regarding the changing of the guard. I hear there is a "parade" where the guards march to Amalienborg, but I've seen conflicting reports on if it is done in the summer. We will be there the end of a June....

Here is a rubbish translation provided by Google, I hope you can get the point.

Life Guards guards split from ancient times in the Kingdom Guards,

Lieutenant guards and palace guards ; All the changing of the guard at 12:00 :

The King's Guard , A King's Guard created when Her Majesty the Queen lives in Christian IX's Palace . This watch is of course the main guard, and only in this part tab. A King's Guard is under the command of a major or a captain , and watch the parade marches from the Life Guards Barracks at 11:27 .

Lieutenant watch: A Lieutenant Guard created when His Royal Highness the Crown Prince , as regent , and / or His Royal Highness Prince Joachim , as regent , and / or Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte , as regent , living in Christian VIII's Palace or when His Royal Highness the Prince Consort living in Christian IX's Palace . In terms of size it is a smaller guard than the King's Guard , but the size depends on how many of the aforementioned living in mansions . A lieutenant guard under the command of a captain or lieutenant , and watch the parade marches from the Life Guards Barracks at 11:30 am .

Palace Guard , A Palace Guard created when no royal live in mansions , and it is the smallest guard at Amalienborg. A palace guard under the command of a sergeant , and guardsmen marches from the Life Guards Barracks at 11:32 .

King Guards and Lieutenant guards pulling up to the changing of the guard with music corps and tambourkorps .

On special occasions as the monarch 's birthday brought red guard gala and gala tabs with the Kingdom Force is part of the guard.

I have tentatively decided on one of these two hotels, any suggestions would be wonderful! The Marriott Copenhagen is, I think, closer to Tivoli as Hotel Bethel is on Nyhaven by the canal. Price wise I can get them for about the same price, we are booked for the highest corner room at the Hotel Bethel and a city view double room at the Marriott. Is this hotel any where near all the construction? and pro's or cons to either one? thanks:D

Bethel is located close to Kongens Nytorv where one of the metro strations for the new line is being build.

But it doesn´t disturb the atmosphere around Nyhavn at all.

All in all i would still say that Bethel has the best location of these to hotels

Bethel is rated number 7 among Copenhagens Hotels and Marriott number 16 on Tripadvisor.

Edited by Danish viking

Most of the shots are with a Nikon D7000 and taken by my wife. Sorry, we did not do a written review. My wife is out of town until Wed. and she has the itinerary in the computer some where that I don't know...??? lol :confused: I will be happy to get it to you later in the week. Are you doing the Baltic cruise also?

If you are spending some time in Copenhagen do look at the Copenhagen Card, link:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Copenhagen/Copenhagen-Card/d463-3224CARD?pref=02&aid=g3564

It was worth the money and easy to just present that card at the sites rather than figure out the needed money or credit card. We actually made(saved) some money by using it.

This time in Copenhagen and the Baltic Cruise turned out to be one of our best trips. Joyce did a lot of the planning and I don't think we had any problems other than forgetting to put in our rain gear when we took the train from Copenhagen to an outdoor museum....boy did we get soaked, and our backpack umbrellas just did not keep the rain off!

The last shots were of Frederiksborg Slot at Hillerod. We took the train out and half way there got off and did the open air museum. It was a small walk of about a mile. Walked back (in wet clothes) and took the train to Hillerod. Short walk to the castle from the train station. If I remember correctly it was about an hour train trip total.

Yes...I would like to see your itinerary when your wife returns. We are doing the Baltics cruise in May , then have three days in Copenhagen before a Norway cruise with 4 ports. We are renting a bedroom in someone's home for the three nights with access to the kitchen (which hopefully will safe us some money). My understanding is that this apartment is within walking distance of major sites. I have seen about the card, but not sure if we will get one or not. We have used VIATOR in Kyoto, Japan , Florence, and Rome and pleased with them. I realize they contract with local guides. We are not sure if the hop on hop off bus would be good...we definitely want to do a canal boat ride. :)

I have read all of your good questions and will return with a proper answer.

I will have to check out the pictures tonight as well.

I have newer though about combining the outdoor museum with Rosenborg.

Both attractions is located on the B and E line towards Hillerød so its easy to do

Just a clarification, we took the train to Hillrod (Fredericksborg) and half way there got off for the out door museum. We did Rosenborg on a a different day.