Wonderful Copenhagen

Try to search for the address Oceanvej 10-12 2100 Copenhagen East.

The cruise terminal will be located just north of that location so I would say that Nordhavn Station is a good 30 minutes walk away.

Taxi's will surely be available but its not decided if a regular bus (like 26) or a shuttle bus will transport the guest to and from the terminal.

Try to search for the address Oceanvej 10-12 2100 Copenhagen East.

The cruise terminal will be located just north of that location so I would say that Nordhavn Station is a good 30 minutes walk away.

Taxi's will surely be available but its not decided if a regular bus (like 26) or a shuttle bus will transport the guest to and from the terminal.

Thanks for that. Just when I get comfortable with one cruise port in your city everything changes.

I will give myself some credit :D

Earlier in this thread I speculated in the name of the new cruise pier and I was guessing Oceankaj and look at the latest map update and see what the pier is called.

http://map.krak.dk/m/nETIg

nordhavn_zpsd255ac47.jpg

Edited by Danish viking

leave for CPH in four days, want to make sure my notes are correct.

1. CPH card is good for the train to see Frederiksborg Castle?,

2. take S train line E to Hillerod?

3. I can follow "stoll" signs, correct?

4. 15 min walk?

5. want to visit Malmo Sweden for one day, i would take eurorail there correct? unless there is a cheaper train.

6. Any suggestions on which stop to get off in Malmo?

7. What to see why there and is it walkable?

Thanks everyone for posting all this wonderful information on CPH.

Robert

1. Yes that is correct.

2. Yes thats also correct but if its a weekend it will be the all stop line B instead.

Line E skips some stops on the inner part of the line but does not run in the weekend.

3. I don´t know what a stoll sign is, is it stroll sign (as in walking sign) then there should be signs leading to the castle and inner city.

4. That sounds about right.

5. there are so such trains, its Øresundstog that travels over the bridge.

If you are 2 adults (and 3 children under 16) it will most likely be cheaper to buy a Øresund Familie ticket.

A single ticket costs 86 DKK but a Øresund Familie ticket costs 142, double these numbers the get the return prices.

6. Both Malmö C and Triangeln will get you off in Downtown Malmö, the main pedestrian street start at Malmö C and ends at Triangeln.

What there is to see in Malmö is located downtown but i can´t think of anything else than cheap shopping (well compared to Copenhagen).

Edited by Danish viking

DANISH VIKING, U ARE THE GREATEST!!

I NEED HELP, PLEASE---TIME HAS GOTTEN THE BEST OF ME, AND NOW i WILL ARRIVE IN cOPENHAGEN NEXT SUNDAY WITH NO IDEA WHERE TO GO, OR WHAT TO DO. WE HAVE 2 FULL DAYS IN THE CITY.

1. We can buy Copenhagen cards in the airport upon arrival w/ credit cards, correct?

2. We are staying at the Clarion Mayfair. Can we use Copenhagen card transportation to get there with our luggage? if we cannot use copenhagen card transport to hotel, what should we use?

3. I know you have posted this info before, I can't find it tho. Where should we go in what order, and how should we get there with the copenhagen card. We want a canal tour, tivoli, little mermaid, a hotdog, open sandwiches, tivoli, rosenborg castle, and whatever else is on your "must see" see list.

4. Please help us out by reposting this info, MANY THANKS!!!

DANISH VIKING, U ARE THE GREATEST!!

I NEED HELP, PLEASE---TIME HAS GOTTEN THE BEST OF ME, AND NOW i WILL ARRIVE IN cOPENHAGEN NEXT SUNDAY WITH NO IDEA WHERE TO GO, OR WHAT TO DO. WE HAVE 2 FULL DAYS IN THE CITY.

1. We can buy Copenhagen cards in the airport upon arrival w/ credit cards, correct?

2. We are staying at the Clarion Mayfair. Can we use Copenhagen card transportation to get there with our luggage? if we cannot use copenhagen card transport to hotel, what should we use?

3. I know you have posted this info before, I can't find it tho. Where should we go in what order, and how should we get there with the copenhagen card. We want a canal tour, tivoli, little mermaid, a hotdog, open sandwiches, tivoli, rosenborg castle, and whatever else is on your "must see" see list.

4. Please help us out by reposting this info, MANY THANKS!!!

1. Yes that is correct, but i think that the DSB ticket counter requires you to have a credit card with a PIN code.

If that is the case with the airports information desk I´m not sure but it is a very big international airport so I assume that regular credit cards can be used but i will ask on their facebook page and see what they say about that and report back.

2. Yes The Copenhagen Card is valid on all busses (including harbour busses), metro, S-train and commuter train.

I made a map with a suggested walking route.

I put in Ida Davidsens smørrebrøds restaurant and Rundetaarn because Copenhagens best hot dog stand (organic btw.) is located there.

If there is no time for Rundetaarn then there are hotdog stands at Nyhavn, along strøget and at Tivoli (also organic).

There is also a Smørrebrøds restaurant at Tivoli but Ida davidsen is the best.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Den+Lille+Havfrue&daddr=Ida+Davidsen,+Store+Kongensgade+to:Rosenborg+Slot,+%C3%98ster+Voldgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Nyhavn,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Storkespringvandet,+Amagertorv,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Rundetaarn,+K%C3%B8bmagergade,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Storkespringvandet,+Amagertorv,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Tivoli,+Vesterbrogade,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.284908,11.710779&sspn=1.905154,4.938354&geocode=FSzOUQMd2j_AACE8HjWiDJCo3ykDIUKN65BMRjE8HjWiDJCo3w%3BFYWtUQMd2RPAACHvpfg1IQBbPykLK_6_GFNSRjHvpfg1IQBbPw%3BFcOyUQMd9em_ACE8GyhFM5w1UikdU55CG1NSRjE8GyhFM5w1Ug%3BFemYUQMdvCLAACE4vU4Eke_lQinDyPvXPFNSRjE4vU4Eke_lQg%3BFVmXUQMd2PK_ACHpkpW7FbMWDClbvMzSEFNSRjHpkpW7FbMWDA%3BFUOhUQMd8uO_ACE3pD6jbZ865ymhm_uDEFNSRjE3pD6jbZ865w%3BFVmXUQMd2PK_ACHpkpW7FbMWDClbvMzSEFNSRjHpkpW7FbMWDA%3BFX6DUQMdFse_ACGwJwu1DQu12Snz6vaAElNSRjGwJwu1DQu12Q&oq=tivoli&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=14

Much appreciated==

@ chellie and others.

It is indeed possible to buy the copenhagen card at the information desk at terminal 3 without having a chip and pin credit card.

The opening hours are 06:10 to 23:00 all days in the week.

from: airport to Helgolandsgade 3, Copenhagen, DK, 1653 , please?

@ chellie and others.

It is indeed possible to buy the Copenhagen Card at the information desk at terminal 3 without having a chip and PIN credit Card.

The opening hours are 06:10 to 23:00 all days in the week.

From track 1 at the airport station all trains stops at the central station.

On this map you can see the location of the hotel and the central station.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?q=Helgolandsgade+3,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.284908,11.710779&sspn=1.905154,4.938354&oq=Helgolandsgade+3&t=h&hnear=Helgolandsgade+3,+1653+K%C3%B8benhavn,+K%C3%B8benhavn+V&z=16

Hi Danish Viking,

We went to RizRaz and love it. It was our 1 st meal after Iceland with little vegetable. The salid is fresh and a lot of different dishes. Pizza, lasana are for the hot dishes.service is great.

We are going back again.

Angela

I just discovered that Copenhagen will host the Eurovision song Contest in May 2014. Apparently this is a very important and popular event.

What impact will it have for visitors who are planning to spend a few days in Copenhagen before boadring a cruise?

Are there other major events scheduled for the same time?

The last thing I heard was that delegates and the media will take around 3500 rooms in the 2 week period leading up to the final.

The will be alot of practice and tests and each of the 2 semi finals and the final will also have 3 practice runs.

They hope to fit in 10.000 people at each show that are in the last week so that is probably 3-5.000 more hotel rooms reserved there.

I think the current number of hotel rooms in the greater Copenhagen area is 19.000 (including Roskilde, Køge, Hillerød, Helsingør and the many suburbs), but only 10-15.000 are located in Copenhagen.

So if the Eurovision in the last week will take 7-8.000 rooms its over half the rooms in Copenhagen.

I can look up if there are any big congresses or conferences but the only other big thing I can recall is the cup final at Parken stadium, but Denmark is so small that only a few people will stay overnight.

Thanks.

When I look at websites for booking a hotel, I can see that availability is already limited and more expensive than when I first started looking.

I expect that restaurants and tourist attractions will be crowded as well.

This is not an unusual situation for Copenhagen.

Actually the same situation happened last year.

One night all hotel rooms in Copenhagen was sold out because of a combination of the Eurovision song contest (held in Malmö across the water) a Springsteen concert at Parken stadium and 3-4 turn around cruise calls.

The boss had booked D'Angleterre for him self and his crew.

The last time I can recall Copenhagen was lacking hotel rooms was the Cop 15 summit and 10 years ago a huge Lions Club conference (I think it was) that attracted 20.000 delegates but at that time there wasn't so many hotels as today.

My point being that Copenhagen is perfectly capable of taking care of so many guests.

Where I can see a problem (besides shortage of hotel rooms) is that the Michelin restaurants is probably fully booked.

Edited by Danish viking

Danish Viking,

I wanted to thank you for all of your guidance, advice and assistance in my planning of our port day in Copenhagen in late August. (My apologies for the delay in getting back to this board to thank you...crazy busy back to work and settling back into life).

We had a wonderful time in Copenhagen. The Crown Princess docked at Langelini. Took your directions to the Bus 26 stop at Indiakaj. Very very easy walk and very easy to use the bus. We had Danish Kroner with us, but the bus took Euros (another couple from the ship paid in Euros).

Drop off at Solvgade stop for Rosenborg Castle. Wonderful tour there. Fantastic history.

Walked to the Torvehallerne food market. That is a fun and vibrant place. We enjoyed a bite to eat and a coffee there.

Walked down to Nyhavn from there. Enjoyed an ice cream at the Vaffelbagaren (yum!). Strolled through Magasin department store. Went to the Sand Sculputure Festival. (wow!). Walked back to Langelini.

Thank you for the directions to each of these! Thank you for your help with the public transportation. We only used it initially to Rosenborg, but your help made it very easy.

Love your city! Thank you!

Melissa

That sounds like a wonderful trip.

I have yet to visit Torvehallerne myself but I have heard good things about it.

But its weird about the payment in € at the bus.

It has always Been like this but this spring I called Movia (transport authority) just to be sure but he/she told me that they didn't took them.

But now both you and another user has posted this info so I'm guessing that they still take €.

I really appreciate this thread with a lot of good information. I have not read the whole thread yet, but I did make use of the search function.

We are disembarking from the Royal Princess on Tuesday, August 19, 2014. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 5 AM. We are trying to book Award Travel using AA miles. Our friends have a hold on a BA flight that leaves at 10:40 AM connecting in LHR. I understand that it takes from 25 minutes to 40 minutes to get to the airport depending on traffic. Do we need to be concerned about customs? I assume not since it is the EU. (Sorry for that dumb question)

How soon do they did to be at the airport for a flight to LHR?

Do you feel that a 10:40 AM flight is safe?

Thank you.