Question about vifp

PartyLikeIts1990

If you mean being grandfathered in under the old program, I think I heard you have until the end of June. If you mean when will you achieve the next level based on the number of days in cruises you are going to book, you only accrue the days when you actually take the cruise.

So if you're 2 days from Gold and you book a 5 day cruise, some time on that next cruise you will become Gold. Whether or not you will get Gold at the beginning of your cruise seems to depend- I've heard it go both ways... you will be given your Gold S&S during embarkation, others say if you go to Guest Services during the cruise you'll get it, others claim you'll get it on the next cruise. So take your pick.

Fellow CC'ers- please correct if I've mistated anything...

On Carnivals FAQ it says if a cruise will put you at the next tier, you will get the benefits from the first day of your cruise. I hope that's the case. I'm 5 away from gold and just booked a 5 day for April. I assume I'll be getting my gold card at check in.

I think everything is right so far, but I understood that one has till the end of this year to be grandfathered in. That is what the Carnival site states. I hope they did not change as my 10th cruise will not be until Sept 2013

Yes, as far as I've heard, you have until the end of 2013 to make Platinum if you will get your 10 cruises in by then.

Just talked to my PVP about this. I'm going on my 9th cruise Feb 7th. I have until Dec 2013 to book a cruise and go on it. From my understanding you have to complete the cruise, not just book it.

My husband turn Platinum on our lasted cruise... So now working on getting my Platinum before the end of the year. :D

Archived