Vancouver pier to airport

shofer

Any reason why you are 'yelling' ?

Whose yelling, if I were yelling it would all be in caps. 99.9% of my posts in larger type, I find it easier to read. May I ask why you would post outdated and misleading information?

Whose yelling, if I were yelling it would all be in caps. 99.9% of my posts in larger type, I find it easier to read. May I ask why you would post outdated and misleading information?

This is what I wrote

'It may well be AOK. There may still be a programme called US Direct. If so it would be easy for Princess to make this promise.'

Note the use of the conditional tense...may well, may, and if so.

This usage tells the reader that I wasn't certain. According to the wikipedia article on internet etiquette, grossly enlarging script for emphasis is considered yelling. I see you toned it down slightly in your second post.

This is what I wrote

'It may well be AOK. There may still be a programme called US Direct. If so it would be easy for Princess to make this promise.'

Note the use of the conditional tense...may well, may, and if so.

This usage tells the reader that I wasn't certain. According to the wikipedia article on internet etiquette, grossly enlarging script for emphasis is considered yelling. I see you toned it down slightly in your second post.

Such a wordsmith....but why post erroneous information and provide a link to information that is ....well who knows how long out of date because you may think it "may be" correct. As a frequent poster in these forums and a resident of Vancouver one might have thought you would known the US Direct program was discontinued some 2 years ago. Someone may rely on your information, miss flights and incur additional costs? Frankly, me thinks you are only upset because you were wrong.

According to the wikipedia article on internet etiquette, grossly enlarging script for emphasis is considered yelling. I see you toned it down slightly in your second post.

Wouldn't someone reading the forum that wants to make it easier for them need to make everyone else's text bigger, not their own??

As they typed their own text, it really wouldn't matter what size it was, as they would know what they were saying.

Wouldn't someone reading the forum that wants to make it easier for them need to make everyone else's text bigger, not their own??

As they typed their own text, it really wouldn't matter what size it was, as they would know what they were saying.

Online megaphone personality.....

Are there signs directing you to Waterfront Station Skytrain when walking from Canada Place?

Not as I recall, but just walk up the ramp from the terminal building, turn left and cross the street, turn right and the low rise, red brick building to the left is Waterfront Station. I would walk up to Cordova St. turn left and enter the building there.

Are there signs directing you to Waterfront Station Skytrain when walking from Canada Place?

Yes, you'll notice a big set of escalators on the road to the left as you exit the Canada Place complex. While it's labeled 'Skytrain', this is the wrong entrance, and leads you to the platform of the Expo and Millennium Lines, not the Canada Line which goes to the airport. (there is a small sign on it though that shows you where to walk).

There are two entrances to the Canada Line (the line that runs to the airport) platforms

1) Exit Canada Place to your left, passing the Expo/Millennium escalators, and keep walking up Howe street to W.Hastings, turn left, and walk one block to Granville, and the station entrance is there.

2) Exit Canada Place to your left, pass the escalators to Expo/Millennium, 1st left on W.Cordova and two blocks ahead on your left is a large brick building "Waterfront Station" (look for the big "T")

3) If it's pouring w/ rain, and you don't mind taking your suitcases down a short set of stairs, you can use the escalators down to the expo/millenium line platforms. Down the escalator, buy your ticket (2 zone), turn left and down a short staircase to the expo/millennium platform. Walk the full length of the platform (there's actually signs showing this now -- fairly recent addition -- likely new since other that post here last visited Vancouver) and back up the elevator or escalator on the far side, and you're in the Waterfront station complex. Turn right into the main area of the station,and you'll see the escalators/elevators down to the Canada Line platform.

If you want some pictures, I can snap some tomorrow for you, as I pass through Waterfront Station every day.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a flight on Delta out of Vancouver at 12:45p in May back on a Friday from a RCCL cruise. Is there time enough for us to take a taxi to the airport or should we plan on the skytrain? We have done the skytrain in Seattle before with no problem.

We have a flight on Delta out of Vancouver at 12:45p in May back on a Friday from a RCCL cruise. Is there time enough for us to take a taxi to the airport or should we plan on the skytrain? We have done the skytrain in Seattle before with no problem.

Plenty of time. A taxi is faster in any case.

From waterfront station to the airport, the Canada Line takes 25 minutes. The trains alternate with either ending at YVR or ending at Richmond/Brighouse. The trains to YVR run every 6 minutes (3 min alternating).

We live in Richmond (where the airport is). If we've disembarked by 8:30am, using Canada Line to the Bridgeport Station and being picked up, we've walked in the door by 9:30am. I don't think you'd have a problem.

You will find that by the time you walk over to Waterfront Station, pay your fare, get to the Canada Line platform, wait for a train, travel time and then walk from YVR station to the check-in area...the time elapsed will be comparable to taking a cab which will be about 35 mins.

From waterfront station to the airport, the Canada Line takes 25 minutes. The trains alternate with either ending at YVR or ending at Richmond/Brighouse. The trains to YVR run every 6 minutes (3 min alternating).

Unless frequency has been upped, I believe it's every 9 minutes off-peak.

Thanks for this link. I have already applied for this and have my interview on Wednesday. I am meeting with Jan tomorrow to walk her through the application process.

Have read on other boards about long delays not only at TSA checkpoints but delays at Customs as well due to Congressional budget issues. Any advantage to quick facilitation will be greatly welcome.

Any idea how long I have to wait for the card?

Sue

Unless frequency has been upped, I believe it's every 9 minutes off-peak.

Peak hours and midday are the same in frequency (approx 6-7 min individual or 3-4 min combined). The change in frequency happens in the evening when it jumps to 12 min. Here is the link to the translink page for scheduled times... http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookupSearch&LineName=999&LineAbbr=999

You just need your fingers and passport.

I had no idea what you were talking about until I went for my interview this week and they let me try the "practice" kiosk. Easy-peasy. This is going to be the best $100 I ever spent.

Sue

Peak hours and midday are the same in frequency (approx 6-7 min individual or 3-4 min combined). The change in frequency happens in the evening when it jumps to 12 min. Here is the link to the translink page for scheduled times... http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookupSearch&LineName=999&LineAbbr=999

Have to admit I haven't taken the RAV line since last summer or maybe even the summer before. I am petty sure it was every 9 minutes then but I did hear frequency has been upped. ^

I had no idea what you were talking about until I went for my interview this week and they let me try the "practice" kiosk. Easy-peasy. This is going to be the best $100 I ever spent.

If nothing else, it'll vastly improve the odds of making tight international connections at the first U.S. port of entry, as well as potentially give you Pre-check privileges.

This is old information, the "US Direct" program was discontinued at the end of the 2010 cruise season. YVR wanted to levy a $5 fee for each passenger using the program and the cruise lines did not want to pay it or pass it on the their passengers. It was a a great program....but sadly it has gone the way of the Dodo bird.

Is this for real???? They would rather have everyone have to go through Canadian Immigration then immediately back through US CBP to save $5/person!? The US direct program sounds like it would have saved at least an hour of time, plus paperwork, staff, and administrative overhead on both sides of the border to process everyone. I would have gladly paid $50 for this service.

Given the current situation, what do you think the earliest flight possible from YVR is if arriving at the port on a Wednesday? I don't mind it cutting it close, and have elite status, global entry, etc (although no Nexus) so should be able to use expedited queues. I assume 10:30am for intra-Canada would be ok? What about US?

And side note for those considering GE.. it is WELL worth it for the pre-check privilege alone if you travel through airports that offer it more then a few times a year. The $100 fee gives you GE for 5 years, and pre-check is better then any airline's elite line.

Archived