cruise site like kayak???

only1deejay

since kayak does airline price compares...is there or will there be a cruise type compare website so If I want to know all the cruise lines that go to nassau bahama's for example... BAM....it will show me, prices, dates, ports, ships, maps....EVERYTHING...rather than search on every single cruise site??? thanks.:)

i like kayak but it only lists sites which pay them to part of kayak.

since kayak does airline price compares...is there or will there be a cruise type compare website so If I want to know all the cruise lines that go to nassau bahama's for example... BAM....it will show me, prices, dates, ports, ships, maps....EVERYTHING...rather than search on every single cruise site??? thanks.:)

i like kayak but it only lists sites which pay them to part of kayak.

None that I know of. To borrow from "Field of Dreams", "if you build it, they will come", why not create a web site that will do exactly what you've described? I'm sure it would get millions of hits.:)

As has been mentioned, I don't think we're allowed to mention any on this site. There is one that I'm thinking of that is a one word site that describes what type of vacation that you'd be on that allows you to input where you want to go, how long, etc., and it brings up all the various cruises that are available, I believe. I have used this to find potential cruises that I may want to go on based on ports, cost, etc., and what lead me to decide to possibly try RCi for a cruise in 2014. Personally, I don't know if I would book a cruise directly with them, but it does let me know what's available for how much and to compare ship details such as number of pools, number of elevators, passenger loads, etc.

The biggest issue is that cruiselines have "posted rates" that rarely vary from one online site to another. They are all the same; probably why it hasn't been done already. TAs can offer discounts, but can't PUBLISH them, so their great deal couldn't show up on your cruisekayak site.

Do a google search on cruise discount or some variant and a ba-zillion sites will come up. Over the years, I've narrowed them down to a handful that offer decent rates and often discount once you actually TALK with an agent.

BTW, have you really noticed that kayak's prices vary that much from everyone else? I usually find they are within a buck or two of each other, so it's not really worth it - other than as a flight search engine.

There are a few major online travel agencies who have great search feature on their website. You can search by any combination of date range, regon , legnth of cruise, departure port and port to stop in. You could also search by cruise line but you do not want to do this. Since we are not allowed to mentioned travel agencies on this web site, have fun finding them. Easier than developing your own search engine.

There are a few major online travel agencies who have great search feature on their website. You can search by any combination of date range, regon , legnth of cruise, departure port and port to stop in. You could also search by cruise line but you do not want to do this. Since we are not allowed to mentioned travel agencies on this web site, have fun finding them. Easier than developing your own search engine.

Agree with this. The one I am thinking of wont show. Side-by-side comparison like Kayak, but it will Llow you to set parameters, then see ALL the different cruise lines that meet your criteria. It has the same effect.

Cruise Critic actually has many sponsors (those that pay to keep this site going) who will offer the type of competitive prices from major cruise lines that you're looking for. Just takes a little digging, and looking at the sponser links provided. There's almost always a sponser, or offer on any page you go to.

Just did a quick look and at the top of this (and prob every page) is .... "Find a Cruise". Click and look... this is only one sponser of CC that I know of - but it's available.

Archived