D 734 Aft on CB - Noise? Smell?

Kenomed

The vent on the back is an intake, so there should be no smell. As for Aft cabins, I like them and normally ask for them. Note where many full suites are -- aft. I've taken aft cabins on the CB a few times on Baja and all the rooms are great. The ones by the intake have a bit extra noise on the balcony, but not much more (air passing by the fans). And the ones that are one or two cabins over have no extra 'intake' noise.

Pythian, I hate to mention this but I don't think it's an intake. We had the cabin B757 on CB Dec29-jan 5th 2012 and we definitely noticed that there was a haze at night coming from the vent. The odor was so bad we could not spend any time out there. The longest we were out there was 15mins.

Kenomed, I'm not sure if you would smell the odor from your cabin or not. The cabin to the left of us (looking out from the deck) could smell it on their balcony but I'm not sure if you have the vent next to you. Everyone is different on what they consider offensive or not but for me it was hard to take. After seeing that haze coming out of the vent, it really makes you wonder what you are breathing in. Again everyone this is just my opinion.

The vents are not intake vents, all you have to do is search for "dreaded vent" on this board and you'll see why :)

That being said, I had an aft on CB in November right next to the vent on the Caribe deck, and wouldn't hesitate to book again.

The noise isn't bad, and is basically drowned out be the sound of the wake when you're moving. When you're still, you can hear it (sounds like a loud fan, not unbearable, but noticeable).

At times I could smell a smell (kitchen odors), but when we were moving, it wasn't really noticeable. In fact, if I hadn't read about the "dreaded vent" on here beforehand, I wouldn't have known to notice the negatives. When the ship was in motion, again, the odor was not really noticeable. I will say, though, if you stuck your head around the divider and your head was directly in front of the vent, you definitely could smell it. So just don't stick your head around the divider :)

We are sailing on the Crown 2-16. We have an aft balcony E734. By the deck plans we have a balcony above us and nightclub below. Is there a vent on this balcony? There is a wrap balcony on one side and nothing on the other side. Now I am concerned.:rolleyes: Emerald is deck 8.

Re: We are sailing on the Crown 2-16. We have an aft balcony E734. By the deck plans we have a balcony above us and nightclub below. Is there a vent on this balcony? There is a wrap balcony on one side and nothing on the other side. Now I am concerned.:rolleyes: Emerald is deck 8.

texan, I've attached a picture of the aft part of the ship. From what I can see I don't think that you will have a problem. It's hard to tell, but since I think the fumes will possibly go out while the ship is in motion it may not be a problem. We can only hope.:p:D I wish you luck! Sorry the picture is so small.

image001.jpg.48b48631684a6cc5a4d853ef29cfdb78.jpg

Re: We are sailing on the Crown 2-16. We have an aft balcony E734. By the deck plans we have a balcony above us and nightclub below. Is there a vent on this balcony? There is a wrap balcony on one side and nothing on the other side. Now I am concerned.:rolleyes: Emerald is deck 8.

texan, I've attached a picture of the aft part of the ship. From what I can see I don't think that you will have a problem. It's hard to tell, but since I think the fumes will possibly go out while the ship is in motion it may not be a problem. We can only hope.:p:D I wish you luck! Sorry the picture is so small.

Thanks for the pic- I do not see a beam on this balcony. We have had an aft balcony wrap on the Carnival Conquest we were disappointed that the balcony dividers were slanted. So our neighbors could stand and talk to us with no privacy. This aft looks private. I would rather deal with the smell, if need be, than to have neighbors that I felt like shared our balcony with us. All is good. :)

We stay exclusivly in aft Vista Suites, soon to be classed S6. Have stayed on both Dolphin and Emerald decks and have never so much as had a wiff of a smell or heard any noise other than the wake. It may be different with the balcony cabins closer to the center of the ship but I have never heard any of my neighbours complain.

Archived