Epic - When is the Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Officers for Gold

travelingfools

I've found this confusing because while I know what the site says, there was definitely a Gold/Platinum Latitudes event when I was on board the Epic, held in the same fashion as those on other ships. I don't know if this was due to it being a Transatlantic voyage or not but it was definitely a Latitudes party. I've no knowledge on what they do on Caribbean voyages though.

Here is a link to the benefits for Latitudes members.

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits

There is no Gold/Platinum gathering on the Epic. Also not on the Sky, Getaway or Breakaway.

Not quite correct.

There is no more so-called "Latitudes" parties, only there are now "Members Only Cocktail Parties" for all levels on all ships except Sky, Epic, Breakaway and Getaway, PLUS "Exclusive Onboard Gathering With Ship Officers" for Silver plus levels on all ships.

We are Platinum and attended TWO parties while on Star and only one while on Epic.

I've found this confusing because while I know what the site says, there was definitely a Gold/Platinum Latitudes event when I was on board the Epic, held in the same fashion as those on other ships. I don't know if this was due to it being a Transatlantic voyage or not but it was definitely a Latitudes party. I've no knowledge on what they do on Caribbean voyages though.

Yes, there definitely is a Gold/Platinum Latitudes party onboard Norwegian EPIC. This past November, ours was on Thursday (St. Thomas Day) at 5:30 PM in Fat Cats.

Loyalty Consultant (Jennifer) introduced the Captain, and he introduced others of the senior staff . . . all while bar servers passed around trays of complimentary beverages. Onstage musician for some listening entertainment.

Gold%20Platinum%20Party%201-M.jpg

Gold%20Platinum%20Party%202-M.jpg

Gold%20Platinum%20Party%203-M.jpg

'twas quite enjoyable . . . and a little birdy informed me that it would be the same day on my upcoming return to this ship. :)

Yes, there definitely is a Gold/Platinum Latitudes party onboard Norwegian EPIC. This past November, ours was on Thursday (St. Thomas Day) at 5:30 PM in Fat Cats.

Loyalty Consultant (Jennifer) introduced the Captain, and he introduced others of the senior staff . . . all while bar servers passed around trays of complimentary beverages. Onstage musician for some listening entertainment.

'twas quite enjoyable . . . and a little birdy informed me that it would be the same day on my upcoming return to this ship. :)

Thanks DGP1111! That's just the info I needed to complete my schedule!

@DGP1111 Thank you! So I wonder why they say what they do on their website? It's quite confusing.

I don't like stepping out of my "comfort zone" when answering questions I'm still rather green about, but I'll try . . .

I think this thread is addressing two entirely different events:

1) "Members Only Cocktail Party" (for all loyalty levels)

2) "Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Ship Officers" (limited loyalty levels)

The ships jdvmd mentioned do not have #1, but seem to all (except Sky) offer #2.

Archived