dream debarkation customs walk off earl without family?

sbnuggie

Can I walk off the ship without the family. go through customs on my own, go to get a rental car then call them when I'm on my way back to have them walk off and go through customs.

we are planning on using luggage express so we can walk off at our leisure I figured I get up be first off around 7 to 730 go down to budget get the car while the wife herds the kids off. we are spending a day in Orlando or cocoa beach before our 7pm flight and wanted to make the most of it and try be as efficient as possible but wasn't sure how customs works if the entire family has to walk off tigether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..... I apologize fer ne spellng miztakes as itz hard to type on dis little fone

I don't think there is any requirement for the whole family to leave together. Just ensure you complete two cards and all that. Just remember: even with luggage express, how long they take to debark can sometimes vary quite a bit.

Sounds like your family has a pretty sweet deal though :p good on ya!

If you want to make the most of your day take the whole family off early and go to the Car Rental together. We were off the Dream by 6:30am and had our rental car by 7am. We were able to make good time to Universal Studios and spend the day.

Can't see how getting a car then going back into the port quagmire will make things easier or faster. JMO.

If you want to make the most of your day take the whole family off early and go to the Car Rental together. We were off the Dream by 6:30am and had our rental car by 7am. We were able to make good time to Universal Studios and spend the day.

Can't see how getting a car then going back into the port quagmire will make things easier or faster. JMO.

Depending on the age of the kids, it would definitely be easier to go get the rental car without them in tow...

They are 7 and 11, so definately doable and easy, didn't think about the port congestion etc...

What company did you use, we were thinking of Budget or Avis, did you use thier shuttle, thier websites say they don't open till 8am, also read a few reviews on yelp specifically where the places don't have rentals so you could be stuck for an hour or two waiting for someone to return a rental.

We used Budget without any problems. Just make sure you reserve a vehicle in advance. Their lot was full of vehicles when we got there. We picked the van up after getting off the ship, drove it for a day, then turned it in the following day at the Orlando airport. There is no charge for dropping it off at a different place than where you picked it up.

Archived