Finally alcohol package can be purchased on line

racnwdow

Hi been there no sign of alcohol packages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After you click on the reservation number in "My Cruises", and scroll down, does it look like this:

Pre-Cruise Planner

Food & Drink Reservations

Alcoholic Beverage Packages

0 Purchase(s)

My Time Dining Daily Reservations

0 Reservation(s)

Non-Alcoholic Beverage Packages

0 Purchase(s)

Specialty Restaurants & Dining Experiences

0 Reservation(s)

Shore & Land Excursions

0 Reservation(s)

Sport & Spa Reservations

Spa Services

0 Reservation(s)

Gifts & Gear

Photo Packages & Products

Any Pre-Cruise Planner addition will not be reflected in the Vacation Package total.

After you click on the reservation number in "My Cruises", and scroll down, does it look like this:

Pre-Cruise Planner

Alcoholic Beverage Packages

0 Purchase(s)

My Time Dining Daily Reservations

0 Reservation(s)

Non-Alcoholic Beverage Packages

0 Purchase(s)

Specialty Restaurants & Dining Experiences

0 Reservation(s)

Shore & Land Excursions

0 Reservation(s)

Sport & Spa Reservations

Spa Services

0 Reservation(s)

Gifts & Gear

Photo Packages & Products

Any Pre-Cruise Planner addition will not be reflected in the Vacation Package total.

Hiya no it has no alcoholic beverages at all grrrrrrrrrrrrrr well will just have to wait lol x Carol

Hi can anyone tell me how you know if your ship has an alcohol package available??? we are cruising on the voyager of the seas in march and I cannot find any info regarding any packages, is it still only available on certain ships, thanks for any help Carol

hi, I checked mine the other day and it is in with the wine packages. Can't book mine yet as I've still got a while to go. I don't know if it's because it's the uk site and therefore set up differently? Try that and see how you go. I'm also interested if they put on the added EU tax ( if you are in Spanish waters and I think Italy) I'm getting the package but am interested to see if they add it at the time of buying the package or if we will have to pay it when we get a drink at the time of being in the affected waters? Please let me know how you get on thanks sue

Buying an alcohol package online is great except that the gratuity does not go to the bartenders who serve you every day. Only the package bought on the cruise will go to them.

Please explain.

The gratuities that are applied while on the cruise ship go into a pool for all bartenders both manning the bar and working behind the scenes at service bars. I do not know for sure where the gratuity applied on the website goes, I just know from talking to friends of mine who are working on various ships that they do not receive them. To me its a genius move on the corporate level but it hurts the men and women who work tirelessly every day. Same goes for the Soda Packages

The gratuities that are applied while on the cruise ship go into a pool for all bartenders both manning the bar and working behind the scenes at service bars. I do not know for sure where the gratuity applied on the website goes, I just know from talking to friends of mine who are working on various ships that they do not receive them. To me its a genius move on the corporate level but it hurts the men and women who work tirelessly every day. Same goes for the Soda Packages

Maybe the bar servers are different, but what you describe is certainly not the case for waiters and assistant waiters. A guest has to prepay gratuitues to book My Time Dining. The wait staff prefer to work in My Time, because they are assured of getting tips, and many times they can turn over a table 3 times a night, instead of just 2 in traditional dining, so their tips are higher.

We are travelling voyager in March and we are able to purchase the package but only once we board. There is usually a table set up on windjammer deck and you purchase there where they put a sticker on your card :)

wondering if we'd save money on this package deal. I should have kept old receipts but does anyone remember how much they spent per drink. Say a diet coke, or rum & coke, margarita, blended drinks, miller lite etc.?

I was just on the explorer a couple of weeks ago an a margarita with gratuities was almost $10 and i think a jack and coke was $6.50 before gratuities.

I think the premium package will be worth it for us this year. We're on the Allure and will only be paying our 'own way' so to speak for 2 days out of 7 - when in Jamaica and in Cozumel. The day in Labadee will be included in the package. So even if we drink soft drinks or virgin cocktails during the day, we'd still be able to drink as much as we want and not worry about the costs adding up.

I'm torn. I really want to try it, but not sure it will be worth it this trip. We have first day, sea day...but then almost 3 full days in Bermuda, then a final sea day. I'm sure the first day will be worth it. The 2 sea days, we can easily do a bucket or two by the pool, and several mixed drinks at night. Just not sure with being docked for 2nights.

Hi can anyone tell me how you know if your ship has an alcohol package available??? we are cruising on the voyager of the seas in march and I cannot find any info regarding any packages, is it still only available on certain ships, thanks for any help Carol

It is on the AOS in May as I checked yesterday I would be surprised if it was not on the rest. I think they are still ironing out the kinks.:confused:

Archived