Pier Assistance

We leave Sunday for our Liberty cruise on Monday.

DH broke his foot today :eek: Thankfully, with a foot boot and a cane, he will be ok for the air plane and the cruise with Doctor Ok.

HOWEVER- obviously he can't walk too far. I called RCI and they told me about pier assistance. The CSR wasn't too informative so she connected me with their mobility department. Basically what I got out of it is they will assist him with a chair and get him on the boat. That is perfect and all that I am asking.

My deeper question is about Labadee and Falmouth. I asked if there was a way to get him from the dock to the entrance of the port. The mobility lady just kept saying they would help move "his" chair, etc. She didn't get it. He doesn't have or really need a chair. He is using a boot and a cane.

I've seen little golf carts run people back and forth all the time on other ports. I asked about this and she basically said she didn't know, talk to the front desk, etc.

Does anyone here know if they have this type of service (either provided or purchased) available at these two ports? I'm just worried about the super long walk. Once we get on Labadee we can take the tram to the beach and Falmouth he just wants to get into the center and find a place to sit while I shop. We've already canceled any excursions we've had. No biggie- crap happens! He can walk- just not for long without pain.

Thanks guys!

At Labadee you can get off the ship straight on the dock - they have big chairs that staff push you in to the entrance to the actual resort area. They were very helpful and worked hard - you can then walk or get on one of the open trams that circle around. I did tip the guy a couple of dollars for taking care of me. (Cruising after knee surgery)

Af Falmouth we just walked off the ship right into the shopping area - was not far - there were benches to sit on.

We leave Sunday for our Liberty cruise on Monday.

DH broke his foot today :eek: Thankfully, with a foot boot and a cane, he will be ok for the air plane and the cruise with Doctor Ok.

HOWEVER- obviously he can't walk too far. I called RCI and they told me about pier assistance. The CSR wasn't too informative so she connected me with their mobility department. Basically what I got out of it is they will assist him with a chair and get him on the boat. That is perfect and all that I am asking.

My deeper question is about Labadee and Falmouth. I asked if there was a way to get him from the dock to the entrance of the port. The mobility lady just kept saying they would help move "his" chair, etc. She didn't get it. He doesn't have or really need a chair. He is using a boot and a cane.

I've seen little golf carts run people back and forth all the time on other ports. I asked about this and she basically said she didn't know, talk to the front desk, etc.

Does anyone here know if they have this type of service (either provided or purchased) available at these two ports? I'm just worried about the super long walk. Once we get on Labadee we can take the tram to the beach and Falmouth he just wants to get into the center and find a place to sit while I shop. We've already canceled any excursions we've had. No biggie- crap happens! He can walk- just not for long without pain.

Thanks guys!

You should fill this out and send it to them:https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

There will be wheelchair assistance available when boarding and disembarking. There might be a wait, but it will give them an idea of the number of passengers requiring pier assistance. :)

Archived