Just off IOS today 1/19/13 8 day east. Caribbean

We just got home from 8 wonderful days aboard the Independence of the Seas. I will try to do a full detailed review in the next week or so. I will say that the ship, shows, and service were fantastic! We were just so pleased with every aspect of the trip. I would sail her again in a heartbeat !

Maybe my palate is not as sophisticated as some, but I have no complaints. Proper temperatures, timeliness, and service are also important and they did an excellent job in those respects. They announced during one dinner that the culinary team on IOS had won a fleetwide award for excellence. We were a party of 4 and we ate in the MDR 7 of the 8 nights and had many,many dishes and even though some were better than others, all were well presented and tasty. If I had to nitpick, I would say my second lobster was a bit overdone, but so what? The first one was great and I ate the second one anyway! Also, there were some desserts better than others, but I finished them all!

Maybe my palate is not as sophisticated as some, but I have no complaints. Proper temperatures, timeliness, and service are also important and they did an excellent job in those respects. They announced during one dinner that the culinary team on IOS had won a fleetwide award for excellence. We were a party of 4 and we ate in the MDR 7 of the 8 nights and had many,many dishes and even though some were better than others, all were well presented and tasty. If I had to nitpick, I would say my second lobster was a bit overdone, but so what? The first one was great and I ate the second one anyway! Also, there were some desserts better than others, but I finished them all!

Glad to hear that! Service is just as important as the food and an excellent wait staff makes all of the difference in the dining experience.

We're looking forward to hearing all about your cruise. We're going on IOS this fall and can't wait!! :)

Would love to see the Cruise Compass for the sailing, I am going on the same sailing on IOS end of March. I cannot wait.... have no idea what to do in San Juan or St.Kitts but I will figure it out when I get there. I have a hump cabin port side so really excited about that as well as taking new friends that have never cruised and my DS (16) that is a first time cruiser.. yay....

I am excited that the review you have is so good.... last year the Allure was top notch so I am hoping this won't be a disappointment.

Kim ;)

I will post the review on a new thread. I have never sailed the Allure, but I would hesitate to compare the 2 ships. They are, of course, different classes. Thanks for the welcome homes! I am trying to get post vacation "stuff" caught up so I can sit and post the full review. So I guess I need to get off the boards for now!

Would love to see the Cruise Compass for the sailing, I am going on the same sailing on IOS end of March. I cannot wait.... have no idea what to do in San Juan or St.Kitts but I will figure it out when I get there. I have a hump cabin port side so really excited about that as well as taking new friends that have never cruised and my DS (16) that is a first time cruiser.. yay....

I am excited that the review you have is so good.... last year the Allure was top notch so I am hoping this won't be a disappointment.

Kim ;)

I will report what we did at each port in the full review. We had a great time at all 4 ports and the weather was gorgeous. Bring plenty of sunblock. We live in Florida so I kinda always have a tan, but my sister and brother in law live in Illinois and they were quite red at times. I have looked at all 250+ of my photos several times now and I just can't let it go. I want to get back onboard ! (BTW, we have cruised 10+ times and this is not "new cruiser giddiness". I was truly thrilled with this cruise.)

I will report what we did at each port in the full review. We had a great time at all 4 ports and the weather was gorgeous. Bring plenty of sunblock. We live in Florida so I kinda always have a tan, but my sister and brother in law live in Illinois and they were quite red at times. I have looked at all 250+ of my photos several times now and I just can't let it go. I want to get back onboard ! (BTW, we have cruised 10+ times and this is not "new cruiser giddiness". I was truly thrilled with this cruise.)

Great to hear, I will be awaiting your review since I sail on Indy next month. Were you by the pool a lot? Wondering if they've put a true Caribbean/Calypso band by the pool yet, instead of the band that plays a little bit of everything.

Great to hear, I will be awaiting your review since I sail on Indy next month. Were you by the pool a lot? Wondering if they've put a true Caribbean/Calypso band by the pool yet, instead of the band that plays a little bit of everything.

We were by the pool at some point every day. I don't know what you mean by "true Caribbean/Calypso band" but the band they had most days definitely had that flavor. When I was paying attention, I noted they sang alot of pop songs that they Calypso-ized, but I thought they were very talented. I enjoyed them.

We were by the pool at some point every day. I don't know what you mean by "true Caribbean/Calypso band" but the band they had most days definitely had that flavor. When I was paying attention, I noted they sang alot of pop songs that they Calypso-ized, but I thought they were very talented. I enjoyed them.

Thanks. I am meaning "5 guys from St. Vincent or Jamaica" Caribbean..ha! Looks like this will be my first cruise ever without one onboard.

I do have all the compasses, but I don't have any way to scan them, sorry. I am posting the entire review on a separate thread tonight. I have been unable to figure out how to post the photos, so I am posting a link instead.

http://photos2.walmart.com/walmart/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=9311942004/a=6087600_6087600/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walmart/

Archived